Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Associated TC6 Thread >

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
  #6181  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Spur/Pinion Set-ups

Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 05:52 PM
  #6182  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?
or8ital is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:04 PM
  #6183  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital
Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?
Or just the size of the o ring?
or8ital is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:18 PM
  #6184  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (17)
 
VAzRACER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 210
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by or8ital
Can the shock bottom cap o-ring be purchased without the bottom cap?


http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext
VAzRACER is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:32 PM
  #6185  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (38)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Thank you!!
or8ital is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:37 PM
  #6186  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,893
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
45/96 3 dots....watch temps......
Big Features is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 06:38 PM
  #6187  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default good look

Originally Posted by Big Features
45/96 3 dots....watch temps......
thanks for the info!
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 08:01 AM
  #6188  
Tech Apprentice
iTrader: (9)
 
d2dap636's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..


Thanks

Daryl
51/96 , adjust timing after checking temps.
d2dap636 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:00 AM
  #6189  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey guys running a 17.5t LRP motor need to grab some set ups as far as spur/pinion wanted to get an idea of what some of you are running..
Thanks
Daryl
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
RussF is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:09 AM
  #6190  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
What body are you using? lightweight?
Rick Hohwart is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:20 AM
  #6191  
Tech Master
iTrader: (40)
 
BlackStarRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Miramar, Florida
Posts: 1,786
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by RussF
Set mine up for my initial outing with 47/96 which is about 4.0 FDR as per recomendations from the guys at the track. I have a LRP SXX Stock Spec ESC running in Blinky mode 0,0,0,0. And an LRP X12 17.5 motor with 4 dot timing. I do have a fan on both the ESC and Motor.

Car ran great and motor and ESC were good temps. The motor was about 150* or less after a full run. The ESC wasnt even warm near as I could tell.

Now I need some help.

I used the kit setup found in the back of the manual to set up the car for my maiden race and while it was better than anything else I've ever driven I did have to adjust the setup a bit. I was running Sweep EXP 30's on carpet and sauced with Paragon Ground Effects full on rear and 1/4 on front. I was getting some traction roll. I think the tires were too grippy and didnt sauce the fronts, just the rears after first run. Still a little tippy so I cambered in both front and rear a little. Still tippy so I put the blue springs on front. Still tippy. Put silver springs on back. It helped but still not quite confident going into sweeper at WOT. So I'm thinking I need to change some things. Like tires maybe or my setup a bit. Car had tons of steering off power and pulled good on power. Car was easier to drive for me on throttle (like 1/2 to full) all the time rather than on and off throttle like I usually do.

Any ideas of some changes I could make to the setup to help?
Thank you for the info, now i also know what blink modes is as well! lmao

Im heading to the hobby store today to grab some pinion gears...so i guess a run of 45-47-49-51 should be a good line up to begin with?
BlackStarRacing is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:32 AM
  #6192  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Thank you for the info, now i also know what blink modes is as well! lmao

Im heading to the hobby store today to grab some pinion gears...so i guess a run of 45-47-49-51 should be a good line up to begin with?
Yes, that should give you a good range. I forgot to say it but should have stated this is for 64 pitch gears in case you didnt already plan on that.
RussF is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:34 AM
  #6193  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (22)
 
RussF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Salt Lake City Utah
Posts: 571
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
What body are you using? lightweight?
I think its the regualr weight LTCR I bought it used. I also bought a new LTCR regular weight to paint at a later date. I might get the Mazda 6 at some point as I heard it was good for the TC6 on carpet.
RussF is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:45 AM
  #6194  
Tech Master
 
JustWill75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DOUGLASVILLE GA.
Posts: 1,800
Default gear diff?

I'm trying to learn how to tune a gear diff. I'm using a Associated gear diff in the rear and spool on the front of my TC6 that I'm running in VTA on a Med to high grip carpet track. I want to know is better to run 30wt shock oil or1000wt diff lube. Now I don't know if there's a big difference in brand gear diffs but I'm the only Tc6 at my track everything else is Xray, Serpent, Tamiya and Sakura. Most of the other racers are telling me 30wt shock oil won't work or it will leak out because its to thin.

Thanx for the help Team Associated.
JustWill75 is offline  
Old 03-14-2012, 09:51 AM
  #6195  
Tech Elite
 
Rick Hohwart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 4,004
Default

Originally Posted by RussF
I think its the regualr weight LTCR I bought it used. I also bought a new LTCR regular weight to paint at a later date. I might get the Mazda 6 at some point as I heard it was good for the TC6 on carpet.
A lightweight body is going to make a huge difference especially if you are having problems traction rolling. Softer springs will help too. Green rear/silver front if you have not tried this combo.
Rick Hohwart is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.