Search
Like Tree20Likes

Team Associated TC6 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
I don't get why Spec-R would make gear diffs for the SCHUMACHER, but not the TC6. Even the TA05 and FF03 got some love.
You gonna try the tc6 now ?
Old 06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
You gonna try the tc6 now ?
Nope.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I don't get why Spec-R would make gear diffs for the SCHUMACHER, but not the TC6. Even the TA05 and FF03 got some love.
Because the TC6 is newer. They are on the way and should be released soon...
Old 06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Car maker like schumacher do not make gear one....but AE will make and release soon...
If spec-R make for AE and AE also have gear one. Which one do you like?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mos-leung
Car maker like schumacher do not make gear one....but AE will make and release soon...
The one that takes the least amount of voodoo...my guess, the AE one.
Ask me where my Spec-R ECS drive shafts are after I had to rebuild them correctly with Xray pins....and they still build them this way and ship with bent soft pins!!

If my real job slows down anymore I just may build ECS driveshafts for the TC6...done right!
Old 06-28-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I hope so but I am not optimistic. Sorry!

There are two diffs for the Yokomo BD5 that work in the TC6, one from Yokomo and one from Spec-R. I can't say for certain that the same modification is required for each but it should be.

First, the Spec-R diff is slightly too wide which means you will need to modify the main diff bearing holder so that the diff will fit. There should be a description of this mod in the Keven Hebert/TC6 question forum. You can also turn the diff in a lathe and remove material where the main bearings ride. I don't even think the need a lathe. If you can spin the diff (drill press or dremel?) you can sand the material away. You don't have to remove much.

Second, the drive cup is too small for the AE bone. Some people modify the dog bone or you can grind the cup (this is better). It does not take much to make the bone fit.

Blades.
can i use the AE gear diff in TC5R?
Old 06-28-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With enough shims to fit the wider location of the bulkheads it will work.

Yesterday I rebuild the car, cleaned everything, looked after the litemodz cvs, and so on. Again the Dial-a-grip left a good impression by helping a lot handling the disassembling. The car can be easily seperated without having a lot small parts fall apart. I like!

Old 06-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Schumacher helped spec-r make that diff, I'm pretty sure. It uses Schumacher parts.
Old 06-29-2011, 01:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Read this:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post8399601

:-)
Old 06-29-2011, 04:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher does make a diff for the Mi3/Mi4
Old 06-29-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
The one that takes the least amount of voodoo...my guess, the AE one.
Ask me where my Spec-R ECS drive shafts are after I had to rebuild them correctly with Xray pins....and they still build them this way and ship with bent soft pins!!

If my real job slows down anymore I just may build ECS driveshafts for the TC6...done right!
hi verndog,

i have just bought your dial a grips and had them mounted onto the car as the instruction.."please correct me if im wrong".. they say set screw to be flush with the top of the dial a grip to get AE 0 block but why dose my down stops change by a 1 mm or so from the Ae 0 block to your dial a grip and it difference from Lfront,Rfront,Lrear,Rrear of the car when all set screw are flush with the top of the dial a grip to me by using the top set screw its very inaccurate i have no chassis tweak,no bent screws, shocks are off when testing the down stops so what i can see is which blocks are lying to me the AE blocks or the dial a grips all i know is when using the dial a grips my down stop set screws are all over the place but going back to the Ae blocks its all even agin
Old 06-29-2011, 10:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
hi verndog,

i have just bought your dial a grips and had them mounted onto the car as the instruction.."please correct me if im wrong".. they say set screw to be flush with the top of the dial a grip to get AE 0 block but why dose my down stops change by a 1 mm or so from the Ae 0 block to your dial a grip and it difference from Lfront,Rfront,Lrear,Rrear of the car when all set screw are flush with the top of the dial a grip to me by using the top set screw its very inaccurate i have no chassis tweak,no bent screws, shocks are off when testing the down stops so what i can see is which blocks are lying to me the AE blocks or the dial a grips all i know is when using the dial a grips my down stop set screws are all over the place but going back to the Ae blocks its all even agin
Hello Clint. A few things to check. First while tightening the main block screw be certain you are pushing down from the top with 1.5mm driver to be certain the block is locating against main screw, check after tightening there is tension on the top set screw. 2nd to be certain you are getting the correct height a feeler gage can be used (great tool for dialing in dive and squat angles with your new blocks) between block and chassis per instruction page, using this method assures they are perfect (.100 or 2.5mm feeler gage). 3rd it is quite possible you set everything (droop and height to AE 0 blocks that are tweaked from impact, the dial-a-grips are all 100% checked and matched in sets within +/-.0025" (.06mm), so they are very precise!

Lastly..on rears, using the stock plastic rear toe shims can influence the block location and make them difficult to adjust, as they take form from toe angles, so hard washer shims is recommended there (2nd to last note on instruction sheet), (5) 3mm stainless washers x.020 thick = 3 deg. rear toe.

One last check if you dont have feeler gages to check or dont want to purchase. Mount the arm with both blocks snug then back off 1/8 turn to let adjust, then screw the top locator set screw all the way down till you bottom out at end of travel, now back up EXACTLY 1 1/2 turns and you are back to the center of slot and exactly at correct 0 location.

You are correct that visual to set screw at top is just a quick aid, and set screw length can vary a little, but surprisingly their pretty close if you use an eye loop or magnifier to see real well.

Hope that helps.
Kevin
Old 06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Verndog
Hello Clint. A few things to check. First while tightening the main block screw be certain you are pushing down from the top with 1.5mm driver to be certain the block is locating against main screw, check after tightening there is tension on the top set screw. 2nd to be certain you are getting the correct height a feeler gage can be used (great tool for dialing in dive and squat angles with your new blocks) between block and chassis per instruction page, using this method assures they are perfect (.100 or 2.5mm feeler gage). 3rd it is quite possible you set everything (droop and height to AE 0 blocks that are tweaked from impact, the dial-a-grips are all 100% checked and matched in sets within +/-.0025" (.06mm), so they are very precise!

Lastly..on rears, using the stock plastic rear toe shims can influence the block location and make them difficult to adjust, as they take form from toe angles, so hard washer shims is recommended there (2nd to last note on instruction sheet), (5) 3mm stainless washers x.020 thick = 3 deg. rear toe.

One last check if you dont have feeler gages to check or dont want to purchase. Mount the arm with both blocks snug then back off 1/8 turn to let adjust, then screw the top locator set screw all the way down till you bottom out at end of travel, now back up EXACTLY 1 1/2 turns and you are back to the center of slot and exactly at correct 0 location.

You are correct that visual to set screw at top is just a quick aid, and set screw length can vary a little, but surprisingly their pretty close if you use an eye loop or magnifier to see real well.

Hope that helps.
Kevin
hi the end result is nice but its just seem a little hard when trying to eye in the set screw i guess ill get a feeler gauge because the std blocks moving will drive me nuts:
Old 06-30-2011, 02:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

More TC6 parts and Spec R gear diff are in stock.

Click Here to check out the new arrivals.

Click Here to see the parts store

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by spring71
More TC6 parts and Spec R gear diff are in stock.

Click Here to check out the new arrivals.

Click Here to see the parts store

Thanks.
Your links aren't working????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.