Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Default answer to TTR's question 2

TTR, you can acheive negative kickup(anti-dive) using the standard front inner hingepin mounts. Use the 0 degree mount and shim up the inner mounts with washers or shims-this will create anti-dive but with a high roll center.
Old 10-15-2002, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

Where do you all have your pack, forward or rearward, and who's tried it split 3x3? Does running it forward give loose much rear traction?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2002, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

LouisB, running the pack forward, rearward or split is more of a steering issue. Forward gives more steering while rearward gives less. Split would be inbetween. I've always run my forward.
Old 10-15-2002, 03:42 PM
TLRacing

bigdog-I would just start with my setup and go from there. The track in MN was probably 120 ft long x 45ft wide. As for upgrades, the rear end parts are going to be made available before the Cleveland Indoor Champs which is Thanksgiving weekend. Do they ever have practice on Saturday's at the Stockton track?

ttr-1.Negative kickup gave the car less steering going into a turn and gave the car more steering on the exit of the turn. It also helps the car from diffing out when exiting the turn.

2.You can get negative kickup with high roll center by running the 4F block in the low roll center position. If you are using droop screws you will need to readjust the droop. You can also do it like proudwinner has mentioned. You will probably be able to adjust it in smaller increments that way.
Old 10-15-2002, 04:58 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

where can I buy the titanium / aluminum bottom belt cover? I saw this on here before but forgot the site.
Old 10-15-2002, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by LouisB
I mean that I cut up some old foams into a big stip and stuck it to the chassis outside the pack, I haven't tried it out properly yet (ie crashing it) but it looks like it'll work. I was a bit sleepy and forgot to explain what I meant
so it's like creating a wall 2 prevent the batt from falling out...i had my batts falling out once also...
Old 10-15-2002, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

i run my batt pack forward...in fact,my electronics r small enough for mi to fit everything behind the servo...
btw,the servo tat i'm using is the futaba 9550 digitial servo,it's so-called low profile,thus smaller in length and bcos of tat,i can put everything in front of the motor n behind the servo...
Old 10-15-2002, 06:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
Well, that explains the miscalculation of my roll-out all this time. No telling how many tenths that hundredth of the revolution has been costing me.
Old 10-15-2002, 06:08 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cain
where can I buy the titanium / aluminum bottom belt cover? I saw this on here before but forgot the site.
I have the Aluminum belt cover, as does a couple other guys from around here. The belt covers were custom made by a local racer.

I'll see if I can find out if and where you can get one from..

http://www.shearracing.com/tsr6/xxxs/xxxscover2.jpg

-Troy
Old 10-15-2002, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by ijnek
so it's like creating a wall 2 prevent the batt from falling out...i had my batts falling out once also...
Here's what I did to my chassis.

Old 10-15-2002, 08:16 PM
Tech Champion

ttr-1.Negative kickup gave the car less steering going into a turn and gave the car more steering on the exit of the turn. It also helps the car from diffing out when exiting the turn.
Todd,

I started to run your set-up from Oktoberfast (step by step) and car is just gettiing better all the time. I had car in a situation where it was steering too hard in the middle. I went with the negative kick-up today and it did just what you said!!! It settled car down at turn in and in middle of corner, but it now has way too much steering on exit!!! Its almost hooking, except car is not spinning out, just rotating really hard.

For example going onto straight, car rotates so hard your pointed at the driver's stand and you need to correct to get down straight.

Also, to gain back the steering I lost on turn in I put more DR in. Could that have caused the excess steering on exit or is it a spring thing??? or maybe a shock piston thing? I am running 70 wt w/ 56 pistons up front and 60 wt. with 56 pistons rear.

Thanks a lot,
Ray
Old 10-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by SirSpeedy
Well, that explains the miscalculation of my roll-out all this time. No telling how many tenths that hundredth of the revolution has been costing me.
that could be the difference between the A-main or the B-main....LOL
Old 10-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

losi internal drive ratios are

normal - 1.826 (1.83)

41 tooth - 1.77
Old 10-15-2002, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally posted by Cain

Cain, I have the ones that you are looking for. Local racer, Jason made them and I think I took all that he had. You can either pm me or call me if you want one. I will get them up on the website first thing in the morning so you could order them there. I will ship them U.S.P.S. to save some cash on shipping.

Kraig
Old 10-15-2002, 10:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Things Needed for XXXS

Hi Guys

I have some more questions for you regarding the XXXS. Yet let me start at the begining.

I bought a slightly used XXXS that is fairly stock by the looks of it. The shocks look like the old plastic threaded shocks for a Street weapon. I have Suspension pivot blocks that are marked 0,2,4 for the front and rear. I also got blue black and purple springs with the car.

This is basically all I got. I didnt get the manual, now the hop-ups sheet. Are there any Items that I should know about? I have heard about the Matt Francis low roll center mounts. and the short shock shafts.

Also I am intending on racing the car on carpet, yet the floor underneath the carpet is fairly rough. Are there any suggested start up points for a set-up?

Thank You in advance for any help

Paul P

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.