Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Losi XXX-S

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I got the Losi because then I could put all the pretty red stuff on it!
Old 11-01-2002, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got mine cause Matt Francis lives right by my house all he is always willing to lend me a hand
Old 11-01-2002, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

T. Hodge

When u guys gonna release the new rear arm and hub?
part # can i order them now?

a couple of guys here in my local track runin them already and i want to try them my self.
Old 11-01-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

T. Hodge

say was up to andrew and when his gonna visit us here in the track (Gaitherburg,MD)
Old 11-01-2002, 07:52 AM
Tech Adept

dg8one - Todd's been out of town and I don't think he'll be back till next week. From what I understand, Losi is pushing to have the new rear end suspension components available by the end of November (Cleveland). If you have seen people with them, I would assume that they are either a Losi driver or they got them from one.

I can tell you this. You will like the way they affect the car's performance.
Old 11-01-2002, 08:03 AM
TLRacing

dg8one-The rear ends will be available by Cleveland. I am not sure exactly when but I will check when I get back from this race. I also do not have a part# yet....sorry
Old 11-01-2002, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Hi,
Does anyone have a calender of all the races coming up? I wanted to go to Clevland but could not find a flyer. Where do you guys get yours?

Thanks
Old 11-01-2002, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Doh! I guess Todd's listening.

teamAE - Here's a schedule of 5 great onroad races and links to the entry forms are there (includes Cleveland, ROAR Nationals, etc) http://www.ustriplecrown.com/schedule.html

Another couple good races to add to that list would be the Novak Champs in Jan of 2003, and the Norrca Nationals in March of 2003 both of which are hosted at Trackside www.trackside.com this season.

Another popular event is the Trinity Snowbird Nationals which is Feb 4-9. www.snowbirdnationals.com

This probably doesn't scratch the surface but its a start. If you find a nice UPDATED calendar of events somewhere, share it with the rest of us
Old 11-01-2002, 11:29 AM
R/C Tech Founder

Note that R/C Tech will have detailed coverage of the Novak Touring Championships in January, the Snowbird Nationals in February and the NORCCA Nationals in March. I should be at all three with my computer & camera bank.

I might do Cleveland too, if I have the energy to make the drive out there this November. It's about a 12 hour drive from here, if memory serves.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:07 PM
Tech Master

On the Alfa body, how much needs to be trimmed off the rear wing to be Roar legal? Looks like it almost needs to be trimmed to the top of the inner winglets. Is this correct?

What is everybodys take on the new D5 motor? The track we are racing on is has one long straight, quite a few short chutes, one hairpin and some slower speed chicanes. I was wondering if this motor would be good for this situation beings that Trinity claims it spools up faster and slows faster than the conventional round wire motors.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi everyone ...

Yesterday I raced for the first time with my new LOSI XXX-S (full graphite including all necessary hop ups to make it competitive) ...

Apart from breaking my rear spoiler in the first race, I managed to win the second Stock B race.

I've done very good lap times, taking in consideration that I did not race for about a year now!

I am still working a bit on handling ... It is still a bit loose ... (mainly entering and exiting corners)

Also ... how in your opinion can you improve acceleration ? (It seems that the TC3 has better acceleration with same overall gear ratio) Top speed is excellent ...
Old 11-04-2002, 12:19 AM
Tech Master

Senna........Mark.

The car looked good yesterday. Handling seemed OK, and yes, neither of us had Noel's speed. I certainly didn't!

I am sure that as you get into the groove again after your lay-off the results will start to come up. So take my advice, and don't blame the car. It looked very good round the corners.

Well done again.

Regards

Joe.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

I also read the article about the TC3 and XXX-S comparision. They are basically telling us that both cars are very competitive. The result is just depend on the driver. For me, I prefer XXX-S over TC3 because of the steering characteristics. But the weight is one of the major problem with Losi. I am trying to get someone to cut out the tunnel section of the Losi Chassis to try to shave some wieght on this car. My car was not performing right and I will have to take it apart to try to find out the problem.

I like the Losi because it is very easy to build and ease of maintenance.
Old 11-04-2002, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Do the street weapon's rear CVDs fit in the XXX-S?? There's a special offer on them so if they work I might get the alloy ones
Old 11-04-2002, 07:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are there any websites that show how ACCELERATION of an rc car such as the LOSI can be improved?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.