Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

There's lot's of us here for you anytime you need help with the car or anything.

As far as the BMI chassis, I'm liking it a lot. If you're running asphalt, you'll want to get the flex top deck. It'll yield more grip than the solid deck. The solid top deck is more for carpet. The car seems to react a little quicker and with everything moved so close to the centerline, it transitions very quickly from left to right.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Seems wallis and Schumacher are no longer a team
Old 08-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scho
Seems wallis and Schumacher are no longer a team
Scho - Yup..he will be running another Nitro Sedan, Mugen I think, as Schu will not be updating the R12 anytime soon.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:59 AM
Tech Elite

My MI2 shold arrive within a week, hopfully it's a matter of a few days I'm really looking forward to this, I've been attracted by the Mission, since the first version hit the streets

I've been recommended to mount some washers somewhere in the steering, to reduce steering travel, thus improving the durability. Seaball explained it quite detailed with words, however, I would appreciate, if someone is able to post a picture of it.

Also, I'm considering the riser plates. Is I'm correct, when I think they'll alter the roll center?

I've ordered extra A-arms, the spur gear adapter and steel CVD's for the front. I'll also get the castor blocks. Depending on handling on my track (tight, carpet, rubber tires), I'll also get the front one-way.

I've found a setup, which seems to fit my needs.

Can you guys recommend a nice front bumper?

Anything else, I should consider at this point?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

colo tamiya shocks will be nice. A spool,bmi chassie that you can get later.p-dub bumper is one of the out there! good luck.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

get the BMI chassis with solid top deck, some trf shocks and then get lower shock towers. and for a bumber get the P-Bud bumper its ment to be much better
Old 08-23-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Elite

This car is a about to gain most laps for the money. Stuff like castor blocks, can give a lot for a few bucks.

However, I consider shocks as a nice to have, definately not a need to have. I might be wrong here, but I dont believe upgrading the shocks will give me an extra lap during five minutes.

Chassis parts use to be expensive around here, so I'll wait with that, till I've tried the car. If the stock chassis is good enough for me, I wont shell out the money for the BMI.

However, the bumper you guys mention is very interesting. Where can I find it.

Thanks for your replies.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

here the bumper link-http://www.pdubracing.com/
Old 08-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
Scho - Yup..he will be running another Nitro Sedan, Mugen I think, as Schu will not be updating the R12 anytime soon.
Not the only person, Schumacher don't realise what the R12 could be capable off with the right support to the product
Old 08-23-2005, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tony rivas
here the bumper link-http://www.pdubracing.com/
Great, thanks.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default ANTIDIVE

OK guys talk to me about what this actually does on the car. The manual says it makes steering more aggressive entering turns seems just the opposite( bench racing)...PW,Jon????
Old 08-23-2005, 04:46 PM
Tech Champion

I haven't worked with anti-dive but the way I understand it works is similar to less caster. When the tires are initially turned, with anti dive, or less caster, the tires are more straight up and down and you get more foot print on the surface. Once the car starts to roll over more, the tires will lean to the outside and you'll loose some of the contact patch. So you'll get a more aggressive turn in and less steering from the middle out. The opposite is true with kick up and/or more caster. Less aggressive on entry because when the tires turn, you have more initial lean and less of the foot print on the track. As the car rolls over, the tire will straighten up and you'll get more contact patch.

PW-correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I've always understood it.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:29 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Anti-dive gives more on-power steering, less initial.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

jon, would'nt Pro-dive ? Give you less effective Castor.... I get confused sometimes...

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I haven't worked with anti-dive but the way I understand it works is similar to less caster. When the tires are initially turned, with anti dive, or less caster, the tires are more straight up and down and you get more foot print on the surface. Once the car starts to roll over more, the tires will lean to the outside and you'll loose some of the contact patch. So you'll get a more aggressive turn in and less steering from the middle out. The opposite is true with kick up and/or more caster. Less aggressive on entry because when the tires turn, you have more initial lean and less of the foot print on the track. As the car rolls over, the tire will straighten up and you'll get more contact patch.

PW-correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I've always understood it.

Last edited by TimPotter; 08-23-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Pro dive?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.