Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ok, negative kick up. Maybe I am confused, but Anti Dive = Postive Kick up right ? we on the same page here ?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Anti dive is the opposite of kick up. Think of it like this. Anti squat has the front of the rear arms higher to keep it from squatting as much. Anti Dive has the front of the front arms lower so it won't dive as hard under braking.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:09 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

\ = kickup
/ = antidive

car facing <<
Old 08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Last weekend I added antidive to the car to help with a huge sweeper and the car was dialed. Before I added this the car would push on power and when I'd let off to make the turn I lost too much speed which in turn made for slower lap times compared to the other racers.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mo
\ = kickup
/ = antidive

car facing <<
answer your phone when DADDY calls sucka!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
answer your phone when DADDY calls sucka!!!

Dude ...you guys are room mates, just knock on his door GEEZEZ!!!
Old 08-23-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Last weekend I added antidive to the car to help with a huge sweeper and the car was dialed. Before I added this the car would push on power and when I'd let off to make the turn I lost too much speed which in turn made for slower lap times compared to the other racers.
Are you running low roll centers and what about the rear anti-squat any?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

As with any adjustment on a car, it is going to work differently for different people (setup, driving style, particular track, etc.). In general the anti-dive in the front (anti-dive is a term usually reserved for this adjustment on the front of a car, when this is done on the rear it is usually refered to as pro squat) of the car is going to help keep the front end flatter thru a turn because each side of the suspension is effectively binding against the other. Also, the car will transfer less weight fore and aft under acceleration and deceleration. helping to keep the car flater. This combined with the static change in castor will most often give- like MO said " less steering in, more steering out." One thing to remember is that any adjustment taken too far will inevitably give results opposite of what you expect or desire.-Jeff
Old 08-23-2005, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RKeasler
Are you running low roll centers and what about the rear anti-squat any?
I'm only running low roll centers in the front. So what we have been doing is taking off the riser plates raising it up 1mm in the front but in the rear of the front plate raise that up 1.5mm giving you .5mm of antidive.

I very rarely run anti squat. I only run it in very loose conditions though.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

We found that 1mm anti dive generally gives the car more steering ... carpet foam.

So who's going to Vegas? It will be nice to finally meet some of you guys
Nick is running mod foam and mod rubber... we haven't run mod rubber since the Novak was a rubber tire race this should be interesting
Old 08-23-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mo
Anti-dive gives more on-power steering, less initial.
I stand corrected. I was backwards in my thinking. Maybe something I want to play with some time to see how I like it.
Old 08-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ottoman
So who's going to Vegas? It will be nice to finally meet some of you guys
Nick is running mod foam and mod rubber... we haven't run mod rubber since the Novak was a rubber tire race this should be interesting
You know I'll be there. I know PW and Teemu will be too. I actually haven't looked too closely at the posted list of names yet. Not too sure who else will be there.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When you put anti-dive on the front aren't you also reducing caster which should give you more turn in?

I tried the 2 degree caster for the first time on the weekend and was really impressed- I had so much low speed turn-in that the rear kept on sliding out!
It took me the whole race to learn how to cope with it (I had been used to the car understeering into turns) - my fastest lap was the last lap of the race!

In off road more caster or kick always seemed to give me more turn-in; it's confusing when it appears to be the opposite with on-road cars

I have a question: what is everyones opinion with regard to the internal transmission ratio (17T vs 20T). I don't like using big spur gears so I want to run one no bigger than 90T but unfortunately you can't mesh small enough pinions in order to get the right ratio's I need.

If I switch to the 17T pulley this will fix the problem, but will it have other effects?

In off-road I always felt than higher internal ratios (i.e 2.5:1) gave more acceleration than lower internal ratios (i.e 1.8:1). Plus running a smaller layshaft pulley and smaller spur reduces transmission weight slightly.

Any thoughts or theories?
Old 08-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Tech Master

Yup, just run the 20t

We went through it all when the mission first came out, it was just better with the 20. Even with the same overall ratio, the 17 just seemed to give loads of acceleration, but sod all top end. The 20 was much better.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cole Trickle
I've been recommended to mount some washers somewhere in the steering, to reduce steering travel, thus improving the durability. Seaball explained it quite detailed with words, however, I would appreciate, if someone is able to post a picture of it.

Also, I'm considering the riser plates. Is I'm correct, when I think they'll alter the roll center?
???

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.