Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 08:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PW- Thanks, but I have the same problem there too. Oh well, not a big deal. I was just curious as to what everyone was using on asphalt. I'll just start with what Hector gave me.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Adam its pretty much PW'S setup with a couple changes for my style of driving.
PW's is great starting point!
Old 09-16-2004, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Tamiya shocks

Originally posted by jkerr0043
PW- I got my car last night. I've got a set of Tamiya shocks I'm going to put on it. What towers are you guys running with the Tamiya shocks and do you have to limit them at all?
I agree with Paul, no limits, 63 mm long, but I used the trick alloy cups, and the stock ends, with the TRF nitride suspension balls. The upper mounts fit the small plastic ball into the hole, it works mint!.
I finally figured out how to setup the alloy rear hubs, like I already stated PW, overn engineered, but sweet at the same time. Tommorow I will do some testing!TTYL.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Man,Xrc cars ramboed the Mi2 pretty hard in the Oct. mag. Pretty much said it was a POS,Had a problem with the front end chattering under power..do all Mi2's do this?? Or did they have a problem with theirs.But from what it sounded..I bought the wrong car..
Old 09-16-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

xxxkat- Just run the car and go from there. You won't be dis-satisfied. The car responds well to set up's and is very easy to work on. Put it this way....you bought a pro 4 even though I know you heard about all of the gear problems it had. What works for one may not work for the other. All of the guys out here have been doing well with the car. In fact we are going to have a mini Schumacher nationals this saturday in santa cruz. Racenut, Dujuan, Mo, and myself are looking to put it down in the 19 turn class and gas........................
Old 09-17-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default ?

Originally posted by xxxkat
Man,Xrc cars ramboed the Mi2 pretty hard in the Oct. mag. Pretty much said it was a POS,Had a problem with the front end chattering under power..do all Mi2's do this?? Or did they have a problem with theirs.But from what it sounded..I bought the wrong car..
Do you believe everything you read? Oh, yeah I am selling the Statue of Liberty on Ebay, it closes auction in 20 minutes, check it out.
My point is this, RUN the car, then make your OWN assessment of the car, handling, and changes to be made. You will not be dissapointed. Give a chance, we all have.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:14 AM
Tech Lord

Yea,your right..But on the Pro4 i bought one of the first ones..I found out the hard way about the gears.. But Xrc did hit it right on the money when they tested the shaft cars(I think I still have every one of the cars they tested..I would have to look)But I'm still wondering about the front end chatter..But I just missed the Ebay auction.. I think I could have won..went for cheap..
Old 09-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Paul or Adrian can you email me a setup to start with...only have a Diff ready, no spool or oneway. forgot, for carpet.

[email protected]
Old 09-17-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

xxxkat,

Like everyone has pointed out,you can't judge the kit on the basis of what a magazine says.Its{article} really pointed towards the less informed.Which I know you are not.They marked schumacher factory support as lower then then the other manufacturers....When I read that,I started to laugh.We all know thats a load of crap.Made me think of all the rest of what they wrote.

Run the car.Through the PDub setup on it for starters and go from there.You will love it.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by racenut123
xxxkat,

Like everyone has pointed out,you can't judge the kit on the basis of what a magazine says.Its{article} really pointed towards the less informed.Which I know you are not.They marked schumacher factory support as lower then then the other manufacturers....When I read that,I started to laugh.We all know thats a load of crap.Made me think of all the rest of what they wrote.

Run the car.Through the PDub setup on it for starters and go from there.You will love it.
Having run the Mi2 and the Mission in the past, I still read this thread. I have to say regarding the magazine article, I could not dissagree with you guys more. Based on your logic to not take the magazines point on the car and to actually drive one yourself seems weird. That means that I would have to buy every car that I am interested in and run it. If I don't like then sell it and loose my butt. You can argue that you could borrow someone's else's Mi2 but them you assume that that person would actually let you drive it, and you assume that the cars is set up to your driving style. Driving a car that is not set up to your driving style is more impactful on the potential consumer than reading a not so good write up on the car.
We all know that when magazines write articles on cars, that the article is mostly opinion. That they never compare apples to apples. They test one car with certain electronics on certain tracks one month and then another month test a different car with different electronics on a different track and then try to compare the two cars.
My point is, it is not possible for a person to drive every car they may want to purchase in order to form an opinion on if they will buy the car or not. It is not possible to always drive a buddies car either and if you do, it is not always set up to that individuals taste.
We have to use the magazine articles as what they are...a point of reference. People who are interested in cars such as the Mi2, X-Ray, 415...etc... are are racers...not people messing around in the street. Readers should use these articles and, based on their experience, filter out all irrelevant information.
I do agree with the poor factory support of Schumacher as well. I have delt with Paul and Adrian on numerous occasions and they were always more than willing to go out of their way to help. But this isn't what the magazine ment. In my area and all other LHS I have been in had zero parts support (even if they sell the cars). You can order the parts directly from Schumacher but it seemed that every time I needed something I had to wait a month for it to get here from England.
Sorry for the long rant...flame away!
Old 09-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

what parts on the mi2 do i always need to have with me? what parts brake the most?
Old 09-17-2004, 10:38 AM
Tech Lord

koabich,I do have to agree with you on your post.. racenut I do understand your point as well,But what I was getting at is the shootout that Xtreme did is waaaay above what Car Action,or Driver has done,They do make adjustments to the cars,they do run them over a 3 day test period,they do really say why they have an opinion on how the cars handles.The testers just happen to be people who i trust their opinion will not be biased.And after reading the first shootout(shaft drive cars)My opinion was the same(well very close)of the cars in the shootout.And yes I do own all the cars that were tested.Thats why I was wondering about the chatter in the front end.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally posted by koabich
I do agree with the poor factory support of Schumacher as well. I have delt with Paul and Adrian on numerous occasions and they were always more than willing to go out of their way to help. But this isn't what the magazine ment. In my area and all other LHS I have been in had zero parts support (even if they sell the cars). You can order the parts directly from Schumacher but it seemed that every time I needed something I had to wait a month for it to get here from England.
Sorry for the long rant...flame away!
I havent read the article so I cant comment on that but I can on the factory support.
Wether or not your LHS stocks Schumacher parts is not "Factory support" that is LHS support. Schumacher USA stocks most every part you will need and receives shipments from England every week. If you base factory support on parts availability then most cars fall short.... Pro 4 (HPI) isnt very good.... XRAY was hard to get parts when I raced them... Tamiya, I also had problems getting parts. Associted has great parts availability but try to get a knowledgeable person on the phone when you have a technical question.
One of the best parts of running a Schumacher is knowing you can talk to Paul or Adrian and get a straight answer.

Last edited by ottoman; 09-17-2004 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:07 AM
Tech Lord

Try running a Tech car..you will then know what hard to find parts is really all about..
Old 09-17-2004, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I would go out on a limb and say. "No other company supports a product like Schumacher USA". What other company can you call and get the "Real info from people that use the product". Paul, Adrian and Troy all race the product, are constantly in contact with other team drivers, and are willing to take the time and stand behind the advise they give.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.