Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

xxxkat - I used to manage a high end bike shop in Tempe, AZ. Domenic's Cycling. That was a cool job....selling $10K road bikes and $5k MTB's. I am getting a new Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Elite soon...sucks not getting the employee discount though
Old 09-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here's a pic of my new Mazda 6 from Painting Roly. I figure I should get at least one nice pic before I ugly it up...lol!
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-roly-6.jpg  
Old 09-17-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I've got the car all ready to go now. Tamiya shocks and all. I'll be running my first race with the car on Sunday. I'll let you guys know how it goes. BTW, when I was mounting up the Tamiya shocks, I found that if you have the Tamiya mounting hardware that comes with their cars, you don't have to cut ball cups or the shock shafts to get the shock length correct. I'll get a pic of them and post it.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 09-17-2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:30 PM
Tech Champion

Here's a pic.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 06-07-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:32 PM
Tech Champion

one more

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 06-07-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

dood, you cant put blue on a purple car!!!
Old 09-18-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by jkerr0043
I've got the car all ready to go now. Tamiya shocks and all. I'll be running my first race with the car on Sunday. I'll let you guys know how it goes. BTW, when I was mounting up the Tamiya shocks, I found that if you have the Tamiya mounting hardware that comes with their cars, you don't have to cut ball cups or the shock shafts to get the shock length correct. I'll get a pic of them and post it.
The Tamiya hardware are available in blue, or FL coated (gun metal gray color) where are you racing this weekend Jon?

Steve Wang
Old 09-18-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I mounted my tamiya shocks the same way Jon....good job!
Old 09-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Tech Champion

It's not purple anymore! Mark had taken all the purple anod'ing off. When I get another car I'll probably get a new set of gunmetal shock. Blue would look like hell though, you're right.

Steve- I'm racing at Hobby Central in Poway. I was supposed to go the 4Fun Hobbies for some testing but there was a last minute change yesterday so now I have to work today. Damn work!
Old 09-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Tech Master

I'd like to address some of the points made here.

1. Factory support. Adrian and crew do a great job supporting their car. And of course they stock parts for it they are the importer, but being honest like the XRAY, Barracuda, and the other more rare cars the support across the country. If you'll read the article all the cars that are harder to get parts for are penalized for not being as wide spread. The companies, like Schumacher, that go out of their way to help did get some extra love.

2. Our shootout was the most extensive one ever done. We used all the same equipment on all the cars, started with the base setup and changed to the setup that the Pros used at the Reedy race. So the car should be set up to handle it's best at that track. The problem we had with the Mi2 baffled us. WE called and explained the problems and even after doing everything we could to get rid of the chatter (which was a known occurance) it was still there. We debate if it hurt the performance more than just us thinking it did. But if you read the review of the Mi2 a few months back we had lots of great things to say about it. We tested the worlds best TCs so in reality they are all very good, but when you're at this level a small thing like that can send you back in the pack. But please do the math and divide the final score by the total to get a percentage. I don't have the article in front of me but I'm sure it's about 90% which in school is an A-.

3. I always love that when a magazine does an amazing shootout that somebody will complain. All of us driving have had years of experience behind the wheel. Myself I've driven just about every car there is and I pretty confident in my driving. We're sorry that your car didn't fair well on this day. But prove us wrong. Go out and win every race there is. This 3 part Challenge took up so much time and effort that we're pretty confident that our results are pretty accurate.

This isn't a knock against Schumacher. I love to deal with them and actually cheer them on at races because they are the underdog. They are usually the company that gets new drivers and gets them winning so other companies can steal them

Originally posted by ottoman
I havent read the article so I cant comment on that but I can on the factory support.
Wether or not your LHS stocks Schumacher parts is not "Factory support" that is LHS support. Schumacher USA stocks most every part you will need and receives shipments from England every week. If you base factory support on parts availability then most cars fall short.... Pro 4 (HPI) isnt very good.... XRAY was hard to get parts when I raced them... Tamiya, I also had problems getting parts. Associted has great parts availability but try to get a knowledgeable person on the phone when you have a technical question.
One of the best parts of running a Schumacher is knowing you can talk to Paul or Adrian and get a straight answer.
Old 09-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

LOOKING GOOD ADRIAN
Old 09-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Adept

whats a good brushed motor for one of these things for just bashing around? how good is the orion V2? what turn motor do i need
Old 09-18-2004, 07:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul Wynn and the rest of the local Schumacher guys cars looked awesome today at the Florida State race. Paul and Chris Tosolini(RDX) are duking it out for TQ in Open Mod.
Old 09-18-2004, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

How's the weather been out there? I haven't been following it at all. Is Ivan gone now or what's the deal?
Old 09-18-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We are having great weather . If not a little too hot, no rain or wind in site. My car was money today, too bad I was not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.