Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 09:28 PM
Tech Regular

hay not to say the car but shumacher is the best! i would like to see the chassis and the top plate white carbon fiber.just a little change that would look realy cool!!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

PW, maybe this question has been answered and I just missed it but I will ask anyway. Will there be any changes to the drive train??? (i.e - internal gear ratio change, larger or smaller diff pulleys, lighter drive train components, different size or material belts) When I had my Mission it seemed like I was always looking for ways to get more rip out of the corner just to keep up, will this new car address this issue???
Old 08-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
hey all

I got a question for ya....please keep in mind that I haven't done alot of investigating yet but thought maybe you can help.....

when I throtle my car from a dead stop the whole car chattersbut only for about a foot or two then it takes off....it is almost like the tires are trying to grab for traction but can't...I did the usual quick checks such as check the belt for rocks,and the motor seems to be fine....but I was running this exact setup b4 then it just startedacting up like this...I will tear my car apart to clean anyway but just thought maybe someone could tell me exactly what is wrong....my guess is my belt is chewed up or something along those lines??
Old 08-28-2003, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

I cantbwait for my new mission!!!! i will be getting it at x-mas... aghhhh cant wait!!!!
Old 08-28-2003, 02:15 AM
Tech Regular

Not much changes to the drive train, but I've always liked it anyway. The front diff will probably be further to the front with a longer belt and the spur is moved to the left. Also new bearings and maybe CVD drive shafts. Let's wait and see...
Old 08-29-2003, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

PW-Any chance the new Mission will be out in early October?
Old 08-29-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

rayhuang- Early October, probably not man sorry. We want this to be the best kit Schumacher has ever produced, so that takes some bench time. We are shooting for a release date of November, just in time for the champs.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well-then I guess I'll wait then. Any changes to the diffs? Any way you can make them externally adjustable or very resistant to contanation by dirt and carpet fuzz?

Thanks guys,
Ray?
Old 08-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ray....the diffs on the mission are externally adjustable kind of like the way the Associated difs are adjusted....just remove the CVD from the out drive and insert the wrench, but you need to do it to both sides. As far as the diff being resistant to dirt and carpet fuzz the stock gears do have dust cover just like the ones X-Ray stole and uses....but the diffs are some of the best around just take some extra TLC to get them to perform best. I would rather build a Schumacher diff then any other one.
Old 08-29-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

KevinK- Hows it going buddy! Hows things man!! I have been pretty good. I am back with schumacher for this season, can't wait its going to be a good one I know it. What touring car you running now!?
Old 08-29-2003, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Hey man Im doing fine.....Im runing the XXXS now but this car looks VERY nice. PW said that there was something BIG comming and this looks like it. Maybe I will see them at the Hobby show in Chicago in a couple weeks and hopefully see a car first hand. Who knows I might be back with a Schumacher chassis after that...lol. Are you planning on going to Snowbirds? If so I will see you there.
Old 08-29-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Yea Kevin sounds good! I am planning, hoping and praying that I can make the Novak race in Wisconsin.
Old 08-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Champion

Thats cool man that race should be VERY big this year as it will be on Foam tires. Hope you can make it you wont be disapointed if you do go.
Old 09-01-2003, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Good news for all Schumacher fans!
Teemu Leino (Finland, Schumacher) won the touring Nordic Championship (in Vaasa, Finland) last weekend before Andreas Myrberg (Sweden, X-Ray) and Simo Ahoniemi (Finland, Corally).
It becomes even more impressive, considering it's Teemu's first big event after a long time away. Congratulations to Teemu for a fine result!
Old 09-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

great news thankyou olev...

I had heard Teemu had been getting lots of track time, but was unable to fly away for races....

great to hear the new car is working well!...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.