Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 11:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Great performance from an AXIS 2!!!

Hey guys i have been out of racing for a year now and i decided to pick up an Axis 2... People at my track told me that belt cars are not very efficent, and not fast enough to keep up against the newer shaft cars that are out...

Well i sure showed them wrong... every one was running shaft car with a 19 spec motor, but silly old me i came with a stock motor (cause i didnt know were racing 19 spec at the time)... So i was doing some set-ups and testing before my heats and amazingly i TQ for 19 spec using a stock motor and a belt driven car....

Thanks Schumacher for proving that belts cars are just as good as shaft cars. Especially when the Axis 2 is several years older then the TC3's and EVO 3... those cars are all about looks not so much in the perfromance..
Old 10-23-2003, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: Great performance from an AXIS 2!!!

Originally posted by RACER XXX
Hey guys i have been out of racing for a year now and i decided to pick up an Axis 2... People at my track told me that belt cars are not very efficent, and not fast enough to keep up against the newer shaft cars that are out...

Well i sure showed them wrong... every one was running shaft car with a 19 spec motor, but silly old me i came with a stock motor (cause i didnt know were racing 19 spec at the time)... So i was doing some set-ups and testing before my heats and amazingly i TQ for 19 spec using a stock motor and a belt driven car....

Thanks Schumacher for proving that belts cars are just as good as shaft cars. Especially when the Axis 2 is several years older then the TC3's and EVO 3... those cars are all about looks not so much in the perfromance..
It's all in the setup. They're wrong to say a chassis isn't competitive because it's a belt drive but you're not exactly right in saying the tc3 and evo 3 are all about looks. I prefer my cars to look and drive excellent but i'm obsessed with aesthetics. Good job proving them wrong!
Old 10-23-2003, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Especially when the Axis 2 is several years older then the TC3's and EVO 3.
Actually the TC3 is older then the Axis2

Its all about setup, and driving. The Axis2 can still be fairly competative, if it is setup right and given to the right driver. You can have the best car on the market, but if you cant drive it, its going to be slow. Put an averagely tuned axis2 into the hands of Kinwald, I bet he still WOOPS ass with it...

By the way, I am currently selling my Axis2. Great for a racer, or a spare parts car for a current axis2 owner (full aluminum)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=25570
Old 10-23-2003, 07:26 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

People at my track told me that belt cars are not very efficent, and not fast enough to keep up against the newer shaft cars that are out...
See, thats why you should carry a sign to the track with you that just has "stupid" printed on it. That way, when someone says something like that, you can just hold the sign up and not have to bother talking to them!

I have a shaft drive car (Yok SD) and a single belt car (KX-1) and neither is going to out pace the other. Its all in the setup.

Besides, a couple guys around here showed that belt drive cars can still compete and win. They came out with those Xray T1R cars and simply amazed everyone at how fast 2 belt cars still are.

I don't really think there is any one 'right' drive system. They all seem to work pretty darned well.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Here is the latest shot of the Mi2.

-Threaded Shocks
-Alloy layshaft mounts
-Alloy diff Mounts
-Adjustable battery tray
-All new suspension
-Optimized Mission Drivetrain
-Lots more!

Old 10-24-2003, 06:51 AM
Tech Regular

Oh he!l yes! I want it! Looks awesome!

Just wondering...
Have they changed the drive pins at the hexes to prevent the occasional breakages there? And How about the way to tiny drive pin for the pulley?
If those things are fixed, and it's a step up on the Mission in the other departments, is this going to be THE perfect car?
Old 10-24-2003, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Hex drive pin - no don't think so.

Pully drive pin - not sure. Last time i saw the car it was still very much prototype on the layshaft.
Old 10-24-2003, 07:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Ooooooooohhhhhh, yeah! I think my interest in TC for next year might have just been sparked.

While we're on the subject of whats been fixed, will this car have one peice pulleys for the drive train, or will there still be the problem with the pulley fences falling off? Or at least will the manual clearly specify which way the fences went on.

The constant problems with the fence on the main pulley is what drove me away from my original Mission.

Any idea what the projected price will be?
Old 10-24-2003, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The layshaft pulley fence will never come off if its put on the right way.
Old 10-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Looking good Adrian, I guess with so many changes from the last proto, the date will be pushed back ? Do you guys have a date you are shooting for ,that you can tell us ?\

Thanks
Old 10-24-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Regular

I want to embrace this car, but what are the issues that have been fixed?
Apart from the small pin, I don't have a problem with the pulleys, never had a fence fall off the plastic or alloy ones in nearly 2 years. So if they haven't fixed the pin, will the car be coming with alloy pulleys?
Seeing as everyone has to buy them later, will the car be coming with RW pulleys? Doesn't look like it on the CAD.
It's hard to imagine that it can handle THAT much better than the Mission , so is the major thing that it now comes with all the alloy stuff I had to buy aftermarket. I assume it will also tweek nicely straigh out of the box now?

I don't want to bang down the mood on the new beast based on a CAD drawing, I just want to find out where the advances are, I'm a little impatient like that!
Old 10-24-2003, 08:24 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by AdrianM
The layshaft pulley fence will never come off if its put on the right way.
Yeah, I remember you guys saying that when all the people showed up with problems.

Thats kinda why I mentioned the manual. Because if I recall correctly from my building the car, there were two diagrams on the page and they each showed it on in a different way. A lot of people had problems with that fence being installed incorrectly, which means that the manual could have been clearer about which way it went on. Like me, other people noticed that in one direction the pulley went on easily, in the other direction, it seemed to be to the point of breaking before it would go on. Who would expect that the later of those two was the correct way to install it?

I was just thinking of a line or two at that step, like "the tall side of the fence should be facing 'this way'(in or out) when installed correctly..." or "the pulley fence will take some force to install..." Something like those...

Just a suggestion though...
Old 10-24-2003, 08:28 AM
KMW
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Adrian,

Do you know if the diffs will be the same as the Mission's, i.e. can I use the RW pullies/diffs from my Mission on the M12?
Old 10-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Regional Moderator

So what are the benefits of the new suspension compared to the old design? Will the new system be as durable as the old one?
Old 10-24-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

It looks like there are going to be some tiny improvements on the new M, but will that warrant the purchase of a whole new car? This car coming with full alluminum and threaded shocks, what is the sticker going to be? I am guessing about 325$? Will it come with a one-way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.