Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

is there a hop up chassis for my axis pro?
Old 02-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Balak, you are welcome to get all the setups you want from our website. They are editable and they are the ones used by Shumacher USA. Since I made the setup sheet, I would appreciate it if you would put a link to our club's website in return, but if you can't it's cool.

MSRA setup sheets

Anything else you need?
Sa....WEET! Thanks, and the link will be added to the site.

Bryan
Old 02-15-2003, 01:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

So how are the mission's doing on the West Coast? Back in the day ol Racer X was all over these threads. Is he still racing? Got my first schumacher from him many years ago...Cat 98.

I am really enjoying my mission.

Jeff Werner
Team Promatch
Old 02-15-2003, 03:08 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Mission Diffs

Ola,

Alright, how do you guys build your diffs? Mine have got to be the worst ones I've ever had in a car. They stayed smooth for the first few runs on the car and have since been a nightmare. My A2 diffs are great now, but I had to replace the balls with the Tungsten ones, and use losi thrust assemblies. Is this going to be the case with the mission? I'm not into dropping $400 on a car kit just to throw another $200 into it to make it on par with another kit. Thanks.

Gary
Old 02-15-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Adept

Gary - The new missions come with "pro" diffs that use the same thrust race as the axis pro/2 so if your A2 ones are good so should your mission's. I have yet to try the new diffs but im sure ill get them in the end, anyone who has tried them is there a noticeable difference over the original mission diffs?
Old 02-15-2003, 04:46 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats the unfortunate part, mine is an original kit, not the updated version.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Ok here goes, I have been running my mission for a year now and battleing the same problems. If any one out there can help please do so.

1) I cannot find a nutral setup on Foam tires. The car pushes then is loose. Very unstable. I have tried all the setups posted here and help from paul himself. I spent hours doing the roll center conversion and now the top guys arn't even using it. Whats up with that? I am just looking for a smooth/neutral setup.

2) The car feels tweeked no matter what I do. It will turn to the right good and the hook to the left. I have used a tweak boad and a set of scales. I had the car perfect on both but still its tweaked. I bought the 3mm chassis and still no change. The diffs are good, the shocks are perfect. Droop and ride hight are perfect.

3) I run plaid's and purples 28mm Jaco. I have seen the car have NO rear traction it hooks as soon as I touch the steering. I have tried double pinks in the rear and it has gotten better. But if every one else is getting around on plaids and purples then I should be able too.

I have been racing for over 14 years and I have checked all the obvious.

I hope some one can help me......
P.S. The car is perfect on asphalt with rubbers but on carpet w/ foams It just wont work for me.

I also see every one using 0 to 3 degrees castor. To take away the steering in the car when i use it it makes the car very twitchey. and isnt the more castor the more steering exiting?
Old 02-15-2003, 05:38 PM
Tech Regular

RC Old Man...
Not sure what to tell you, and if I make a suggestion its certainly not meant to insult, as you have been racing much longer than I, but here are a couple of thoughts...I was racing with foams on carpet, and never experienced the kind of problem you describe, so I know the car can be very stable..I was running plaids and purples...I would post the setup but its been a while and I cant remember the particulars, but from the sounds of it its not a setup issue...

Where are you with droop? It depends on track conditions, but 3 front 2 rear seems to be a stable starting place..

Have you checked your shock shafts and hing pins...a bend in any of these can do interesting things to handling.

Check the pivot balls into the hubs to make sure none are wallowed out and moving vertically, and they are equally inserted all around...

Also check to make sure a pivot ball isnt screwed in too far and dragging on a drive axle when turning.

When I ran carpet/foams, I reduced the steering a lot, and it smoothed the car down tremendously. I reduced the total throw, which meant that the amount of steerig input per unit turn of the wheel was reduced...it kept me from over steering..I set it by turning circles inside a lane until the car would just complete a circle, and evening out theother side. This resulted in a lot less steering than on asphalt, as steering input with foams is much more critical..

Anyway, I hope something here helps.....best of luck
Old 02-15-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

just thought of something else..if it handles fine with rubbers but not foams, do you have a wheel rubbing somewhere when you turn? Or perhaps a bearing binding..maybe take the belts off and spin wheels to see if one binds while turned?? Still just thinking out loud here...
Old 02-15-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Yes mark thats what I thought too...checked the car over real good nothing bent or broken. droop has changed due to setup changes but 3 and 2 is where I started.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Mission Setup

Rc Oldy,
We ran our Missions at the birds' without any traction problems.
I did notice your droop, I would run it at 0 in the frt and 1 in the rear, the more flat you run the car(increase in droop) the hard the car wants to rotate. Trust me I learned the hard way. My setup up is this for a start in any ozite carpet:
Frt-
5mm ride height
2 deg block
lowered hub 2mm, roll mod #3 pos on tower and outer on arm, thick sway bar,, 68 mm shock lenght, losi 60 piston w 60 wt oil. plaid frt tires at 58 mm. 1.5 neg camber, 0 deg toe, 6 deg castor
Rear
5.5 ride height, 0 inboard toe, 1 deg total toe, 1.5 neg camber reg hubs, 58 mm tires, 66mm shocks, #4 hole on tower w 60 pistons and 60 wt oil , no sway, purple tires. Both tires at 26mm wide on frt and rear, and using warpspeed chassis. I am also using the prototypes for Dirt Trix, a much better chassis in my eyes. Let me know how this works.
I will be racing at South Shore Hobby tommorow in Coram NY if you want to meet up. I will be happy to help at trackside and way I can.
Raul
Old 02-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Elite

Any hints to where I could find some good Hex screws to replace some of the screws on my mission? I have seen some of the pics of the car like the one of Alex's in RC Car Action that has a hex type screw package on it. Got some screws that need replaced and thought about going to hexs.

Jeff
Old 02-15-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've got the TiR Hex Titanium Screw kit on my mission. They are great. Real strong and have a nice small head to go into the countersunk holes. Look nice to because they are shiny. About 55-60 bucks a complete set if I remember right.

BTW - Racer X is still racing over here on the Westcoast. I think he has been busy with work lately though.
Old 02-15-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Elite

Now do they have a kit for the Mission? You can replace both types of threads too?

Thanks

Jeff
Old 02-15-2003, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

as some who races with RC Old Man I can tell you that we have gone over every possible "stupid" thing. between the two of us at cleveland we tried god only knows how many setups and nothing felt stable. one thing i noticed from driving a local AE drivers car is that they all seem to be trying to get where our cars are and we seem to be trying to make our cars more like them....i refuse to believe that i need to by another car again. i know that a few of you gave me some things to try and i apoligize for not trying yet and getting back to you. work has been hectec and i still need to rebuild my car. im almost ready just to start prepairing for outdoor season. oh well thanks for all the help and suggestions. Keep them coming!!!!

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.