Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

The kit they sell for the mission has all the screws that you need. They are all hex heads and are all 3mm machine screws.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:57 AM
Tech Regular

They are also more flush with the chassis. They sink in a little more than the stock ones.
Old 02-16-2003, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)
Default Re:Setup

Thanks VR6. Again I see you are running the roll center mod. Is it nessasary? and my warpspeed chassis is broken. Where so you race at? Maybe we could meet up some time.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

RC OLD MAN

The Roll center mod is an adjustment like changing oil or springs. One setting rarely works everywhere.

1) I cannot find a nutral setup on Foam tires. The car pushes then is loose. Very unstable. I have tried all the setups posted here and help from paul himself. I spent hours doing the roll center conversion and now the top guys arn't even using it. Whats up with that? I am just looking for a smooth/neutral setup.
email [email protected] and ask for Paul Wynn's snowbirds setup. It is for a very high traction track but will be the best starting point. It is very neutral. Chances are you track has nowhere near the traction of the snowbirds so you will have to go to softer springs and a bit more droop but try the setup with no changes first. The rest is standard suspension tuning to get what you want.

2) The car feels tweeked no matter what I do. It will turn to the right good and the hook to the left. I have used a tweak boad and a set of scales. I had the car perfect on both but still its tweaked. I bought the 3mm chassis and still no change. The diffs are good, the shocks are perfect. Droop and ride hight are perfect.
This dosnt just happen. Something has to be crooked or bound up. I had a guy swear up and down he had this problem at the snowbirds and one of his shocks was so over pressured it almost wouldnt move. Check hub heights to be sure the pivot balls are screwed in the same on all hubs, check your spring lengths to be sure one isnt longer or shorter than the others and make sure all of your arms are free moving.

3) I run plaid's and purples 28mm Jaco. I have seen the car have NO rear traction it hooks as soon as I touch the steering. I have tried double pinks in the rear and it has gotten better. But if every one else is getting around on plaids and purples then I should be able too.
Plaids and purples are the only way to go. Get PW's Snowbirds setup. Also when you get it put it on your car EXACTLY as it is on the sheet. I get calls all the time saying how this or that setup dosent work only to find out the guy didnt do it all or tried to make dure with the wrong shock oil or springs.

I have been racing for over 14 years and I have checked all the obvious.

I hope some one can help me......
P.S. The car is perfect on asphalt with rubbers but on carpet w/ foams It just wont work for me.

I also see every one using 0 to 3 degrees castor. To take away the steering in the car when i use it it makes the car very twitchey. and isnt the more castor the more steering exiting?
Castor han have diffrent effects in the chassis depending on whater you are on or off power. Latley we have been running very little castor with good results. Start with the settings listed on the setup sheet and test other settings to see what you like.
Old 02-16-2003, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Info like that is why it is cool to read these threads and run a Schumacher!

Any updates on how PW is doing with the Gas Sedan?

Thanks,

Jeff Werner
Team Promatch
Old 02-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Talking

P-dub finished 4th in the B. Andy Wallis finished 3rd! A great showing for the first race and just a taste of whats to come from the R12.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks Adrian, If the roll center mod is an adjustment then it should be used to take away traction, Correct? I do have pauls snobirds setup and I will give it a try again.
Old 02-16-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Adrian one other question. You say to go to softer spring's. Which I have tried and the car then tends to nose dive and spin going into a corner. I have had to use Congo springs to keep the car from doing this.
Old 02-16-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Bobby, are you racing nitro touring this summer?
Old 02-16-2003, 06:01 PM
Tech Regular

RC Old man.. How soft have tried to run? The softest i've run is down the Schumacher blue, and even that was alright. Trust Adrian on Pauls setup.. Thats what I ran at the snowbirds and it was killer. For a track with less bite, like Adrian said you'll need softer springs. I'd try asc. purple in front and copper in the rear.

Rob.. Yep.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Sweet, I was thinking about getting one as well. Whats some good nitro tracks to hit? I hear Lazer and Hobby Hub?

I feel bad, my Mission has a layer of dust on it now, its been that long since I have been able to go to the track and run it.
Old 02-17-2003, 07:35 AM
Tech Regular

I did most of my racing at Canton last year.. I'm gonna be going to Toledo a lot this year. Its a really nice, purpose built track. They run 1/8th and im trying to run that this year too.
Old 02-17-2003, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

I broke my shock shaft this weekend and couldnt race? i have the flue and just want to let someone know how bad i fill i realy wanted to race! is there another prand of shock shaft for the axis pro?

thanks!
rcshark and away!!
Old 02-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guy's, just joined this forum. I have a mission on order, and I was wondering what size foam's will fit? Right now everything I have are 28 mm.
I was at the Bird's and was very impressed with the Schumacher car's and the people driving them. I live near The RC Speedway in Durham, N.C., which will host the Roar National's this summer, so if you guy's need any info on the track let me know. Also if you didn't know, Schumacher is a sponsor of this race also. Anyway's talk to ya'll later......Hank
Old 02-17-2003, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

HenryJ... Good to hear your getting a mission! As for the 28mm tires... Right now you will need to grind on the hub carriers to get the correct fit. Not a whole lot.. and it doesnt weaken the hub at all. We actually have some hubs that will allow 30mm tires but the first time out at the Snowbirds we had some durability issues. Im not sure when they will be available. Adrian will probally have a pretty good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.