Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2003, 12:00 AM
Tech Master

Thank you James, that's exactly what I needed to hear, will niftech's extension shaft work so I dont have to buy new pinions?
Old 01-18-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

The extension shaft should work, I had never thought about it before you mentioned it. I will have to try it out and see how it works.
Old 01-18-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

I've been pretty hooked on that I got to have a Mission - but now I'm in doubt !

Case is, that I've been offered a well kept Tamiya TB Evo II. The shocks seems better (threaded), nice shaft transmission and the ability to use springs with much finer steps (the steps between Schuies are pretty big). In addition, the Evo 2 can use progressive springs, which the Mission cannot.

On the other hand, the Mission seems to be more adjustable, and caster / rear toe-in are much easier to adjust than on most other cars. And I think the Mission should be very fast with that nice transmission. Problem is, that I've never seen an Mission in action !

The Evo 2 will cost me 2/3 of a Mission with one-way diff, which are standard on the Evo 2. And money really matters for me....

I'm primarily driving on very small high bite tracks, so punch and acceleration means a lot.

I believe, that I can setup both cars to suit my driving style. So what do you guys thinks? Are the Mission really faster than TC3's and Tamiya shaft driven cars, when it comes to pure acceleration?

Both brands are well supported around here.

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 01-18-2003 at 04:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2003, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Got to looking and my car is missing the belt tensioner....would running thecar without it result in major problems? Othere than that got the car all ready and going to get this thing racing. Very happy since the rebuild.

Going to have to get me some new spurs for it. What spurs you guys like on the mission?

Jeff
Team Promatch

ps. I did not get to go to the Novak race this year. Several of the guys I race with when I go to OKlahoma did. I am making plans to go next year. Am going to try and make the NORRCA Carpet nats in the end of march!
Old 01-18-2003, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Personnal opinion baby!!! The TB EVO2 is a sweet car, the Mission is a sweet car.... the Mission can use springs from Schumacher, Associated, HPI, Tamiya, Atlas, Ofna, You name it and they an use the springs, even Losi if you want!!! So don't let thet be a deciding feature!!! However I don't think more adjustability is always a good thing!!! The TB can use allthe same sprigs the Schuie can..... ReasonsI would stay ways from the Mission are......

I run on a track that isn't swept very often..............
I am allergic to rubber ad it makes my eyes swell up and my penis shrink....LOL

The Mission is a great car, but if the TB is more affordable for you I would get it, I know you are also looking for anew speedo so that will save some more cash to get one of those too...... Or get a second ball diff for the TB......

BTW the Mission is a monster of acceleration!!!! I have had people swear I was running an illegal motor when I ran mine!!!!! If I could only drive!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Impact, I got trinity congo yellow springs on my mission, you're absolutely correct that the mission can accept almost any spring.

Jeff, I like the stock schu spurs as the spur gear adapter offsetted my kimbrough too far over where it would rub the upper deck. It only rubbed on a small spot of the spur and it was probally cause the kimbrough was a little wider than others. Also, with my car the gear adapter makes the spur more wobbly than the stock spurs, to me, the stock spurs are quicker to change, you'll eliminate the offsetting problem, it'll be lighter and the stock spurs fit nice and tight to where there's no wobble in your spur.
Old 01-18-2003, 11:10 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks, IMPACTPLAYR !

Your point about springs are good.

Due to the fact that money matters for me, I've decided to go for the Mission. Simply because, the Evo II dont turn me on. And if I buy it, I will probably have to live it for a couple of years.... Unless I would be able to re-sell it for a nice price....

Your comment about Mission acceleration are interesting. I hope it's true !

Adjustment, adjustment and more adjustment.... for me the adjustment make a huge difference. I really enjoy playing with these things and they allow me to make my car drive the way I want it to !

One funny thing about adjustment: My Sport2 are much more adjustable than the TB Evo II ! even when talking box-stock kits...
Old 01-18-2003, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Now that I have the car in working order...in search of two setups or one that would get me going for either track...

Looking for a setup for a Tight indoor rolled gritted surface. (Tennis court type surface) Fun track just wanted to get some ideas. Also any good outdoor Mod concrete setups? Track is about 130x40. Thanks...will be running the car in some good sized carpet race but there seems to be many setups available in that surface.

Jeff Werner
Old 01-18-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Have you checked the Schumacher site.... seemd those wacky brits run on some really weird surfaces!!!! BTW: I have 2 carpet set-ups Paul sent me, Shoot me an e-mail and i will forward them to you.....

My e-mail
Old 01-18-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Master

Jeff, is that tennis court type surface RCR's track in Tulsa? If, so, I can give you the setup I ran there for the Winter TC Championship.
Old 01-18-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Proud that is the exact place I was talking about...lol

Any info would be appreciated!

Jeff
Old 01-18-2003, 11:32 PM
Tech Master

Jeff, here's the setup from RCR.

Front

shock position-tower:3
shock position-arm:2(furthest out)
upper arm position-bulkhead:1(top)
upper arm position-hub:1(closest to wheel)
tie-rod location-hub:2(furthest back)
oil:45wt.(schu)
spring:schu blue
piston:schu vari#3
length:66mm
droop:4 on hudy droop gauges
inboard toe:0
anti-roll bar:yes
castor:6
outboard toe:0
ride height:6mm
camber:-1
arm spacing:rear
diff(very tight)

Rear

shock position-tower:3
shock position-arm:2
upper arm position bulkhead:1
upper arm position-hub:1
oil:45wt. schu
spring:schu blue
piston:schu vari#3
length:66mm
droop:3
inboard toe:2(this could have been 0 as there was good bite)
anti-roll bar:yes
anti-squat:0
outboard toe:2
ride height:6mm
camber:-1
arm spacing:middle

take off 22's(pre-glued w/blue insert)
tire additive:none
stock schu carbon chassis/upper deck
servo:futaba 9450/expo:-10
body: protoform vauxhall
no additional weight added to the car
Old 01-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

Default What am I???

Hi Guys,

I know it's a bit off topic but can anyone identify this for me? It was given to me yesterday, and other than it being some kind of Cat, I've got no idea. It's got a single belt (fine teeth) frp chassis, front one way and rear telescopic driveshafts, and bend back style front suspension. What I'd love most of all is a part number for the body shell. I'd appreciate any help from the Schu officianado's!

Old 01-19-2003, 04:37 AM
dw
Tech Adept

It's a procat.

Single belt?

I thought they had three belts although the rear 2 are in parrallel so it is effectively a 2 belt design.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:42 AM
Tech Adept

IMPACTPLAYR, what are these "wacky" surfaces you talk off?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.