Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2003, 01:25 AM
Tech Regular

It' s too early for pictures, but was quite fast indeed, that I can tell! Also the geometry and setup was hugely different to the old car.
Old 09-08-2003, 09:38 AM
Tech Addict

Default Setup Help

Hey Schui guys!

Whatsup from south cali! Those of you RCnative to southern cali, I race at poway's hobby central races, and at socal on most saturday nights.

For all intensive purposes, I am new to RC touring. I did it for about 6 months back in 2000, so it has been 3-4 years. I owned an axis2 back then, so naturally when coming back into the sport I chose the best chassis out.. the mission

So needless to say, being a newby again, I need some help setting up my car for socal. Socal is an relativly small indoor alphault track with pretty cool temperatrues. Surface is smooth and traction is above average. My 27s seem to grab just fine.

What would you recommend in General? any secret setup tips you guys can offer? Either in suspension setups, or tips on how to free my drivetrain? Anything would be apprecieated!

Thanks guys..
holycow

Last edited by holycow; 09-08-2003 at 09:55 AM.
Old 09-08-2003, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Cow, you can free up the drivetrain, by installing the RW pullies. Some people run an Xray belt on the rear too. Some totally ditch the tensioner too.
Old 09-08-2003, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Ya the RW pullys are the #1 hopup. The car just launches harder and rolls alot alot better.
Old 09-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Tech Addict

RW pullies huh... URL? cost? Do those pullies include the diff pullies? How would that work with my new one-way front diff?

Anybody heard of filing down the bottom of the layshaft mounts? I was emailed by somebody at schumacher a month or two ago, and he suggested that I make them shorter by 1mm or less by sanding down the bottom.

This suggestion came because when i tighten down the 4 screws that go into the top of the layshaft mounts (2 on each) all the way, lets call that 100% torqued, my drivetrain seems to bind. If I back those 4 screws out a tad, to 99%, the train frees up. Doesn't make sense to me, but that was what he recommended.

Thanks for the extra info on the RW pullies
Old 09-08-2003, 01:02 PM
Tech Adept

holycow - the RW pullies ARE the diff pullies, im not sure if they work with the one way because i dont have one. I filed the bottom of my layshaft mounts a long time ago but have never seen or heard anyone else doing this it does free the drive train up as you are effectivly shortening the distance between the layshaft and the diff, you can take too much off and cause the belt to skip under hard braking though.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

What is the difference between RW pullies, and the stock pullies?

How much did you file off the bottom of your layshaft mounts?

Do the aluminum layshaft mounts do anything for you other then provide more eyecandy on the car?
Old 09-08-2003, 02:40 PM
Tech Addict

The Rw pullys are made out of what looks like a delin and I think they are a bit smaller and are alot truer, if you r at socal on tuesday look for drew, thats me I should be waring my shui T, I awill show you mine drivetrain with the rw pullys. You will be amazed.

Also I was looking for some pics of Teemus Mission or anyother missions not the proto

Thanks
Old 09-08-2003, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Drew.. unfortunately I am down in eastern San Diego, and can only make it up for the Saturday races.. (1:15 drive), otherwise i would.

If you are going to be there Saturday, I usually show up at 10am. I usually pit at the closest table to the register, on the dirtrack side.

The only other schui driver I know there is the Shermanator

(edit: by the way, I found the RW pullies for both the rear and front one-way diff on speedtechRC.com, but they dont' sell a center pully? 17t, 20t. any ideas where I can get this from?)

Last edited by holycow; 09-08-2003 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-08-2003, 05:00 PM
Tech Champion

I do not believe they make a center pully, but you can get the Schumacher aluminum one..
Old 09-08-2003, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

The alum ones are very nice to, They do not get ware and tear as much if at all like the pastic ones.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The problem with the plastic ones are that they tend to get a lot of play in the pin on the layshaft. RW ones have been considered but the pin play is a concern. BTW I got some ceramic bearings from Superior Hobbies.......very sweet! I felt like my car really accelerated better with these bearings. I haven't had them on a big high speed track yet, can't wait. The new USA prototype car will be at the Chicago show this weekend..........go check it out!!! That is if you can stop looking at the Menace truck
Old 09-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Tech Addict

The real question is, do I invest any more money at al into my mission, when the mission2 is JUST around the corner? I will likely purchase one.... Anybody have any release information?
Old 09-09-2003, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Cow,

Rumor has it, the diffs will be the same from old car to new car, if that is true, then it will not be money thrown away..
Old 09-09-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

I heard there was a whole new driveline layout? How can they use the old diffs, with a whole new layout?

"The car incorporates a totally new suspension and geometry design, a revised transmission layout and lots of other interesting features. "

Anybody have any information on this? perhaps somebody from Schui? I would like to know what I can buy for my mission now, that I can carry over to my M2...otherwise the purchases stop today as that car is just around the corner..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.