Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

I wish some of the team drivers would use schumacher springs and shocks and so on .That way i could use soom of thoes set-up that are posted on the gearchart site
Paul what point on the arms do you mesure droop at , the lowest or the very end of the arm?
Old 05-10-2004, 03:43 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I believe the Associated springs will fit on the schumacher shocks. Using the kit pistons, just use 3 holes open and it will be similar to the Tamiya pistons.

I measure the droop from the bottom of the caster block and the bottom of the rear hub. Basically the lowest point possible.
Old 05-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Regular

thanks i know ae springs fit, don't own any. I was hopping that it was mesured(droop) that way because that is what i do,just wanted to be sure.
In the daytona area Sean Wager is the winner of our last point series Running a Mission and Robert Freund came in second place also with a mission Yours truly was 4th runnin the mission and MI2 but did not make all 10 races to qualify for points. Racing out of town to much!

pic of point series #4 trophy winners Sean Wager is top row middle
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-sean-wager.jpg  
Old 05-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

the shoe- using the schumacher shocks with three holes open will be pretty much the same as the three hole pistons we are running with the Tamiya shocks. As for the springs .....just match up the rate of the AE spring to the same rate of the Schumacher springs.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm using Losi springs since I have a "full complment" of them with the schumacher shocks, only thing I had to do was use the Losi shock retainers (i.e. on the bottom of the shock) as the schumacher ones where a little to narrow.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

TTT
Old 05-12-2004, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

anything on the R12? I know this is electric, but no one is over there.
Old 05-13-2004, 02:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

What would you like to know?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Pit-racer - The R12 Team is due any day now. They are running very well. Andy Wallis just won a National series race in the UK by 7 laps. PW has TQ'd and Won every race he has entered in Florida, had a good B-Main finish at the 2003 Sedan Nitro Nats and Finished 5th in the A-Main at the Nitro Winternats in Ft. Myers. The R12 Team is a lot better then the regualr R12. It really is a team car. It has all the tricks used by the team drivers.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Since I just updated the website, I wanted to post my review of the MI2 again for those of you that missed it -

http://www.balakracing.com/schumachermi2sedan.htm

I love this car!

Bryan
Old 05-13-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

I ran my Mi2 for the first time on wednesday night. I like the car a lot, I was just fussing with set up. I still dont have my one way for it. The problem I'm having right now is that in the corners the rear end rolls a lot and really slows the car down. So if I go into a corner very hot at all the rear end just rolls a ton and than the diff unloads. Its like all the weight is transferred to the right rear or left rear depending on the direction your turning. I'm racing on a medium low bite indoor carpet track. Heres my set up:

Front suspension:
Upper shock mount - 3rd hole up
lower shock mount - outer hole
shocks - schumacher
shock pistons - 2 holes open
shock oil - Associated 40 wt.
springs - Schumacher blue
shock length - 65mm
ackerman hole - middle hole
toe - straight
camber - -2º
tires - Take Off 27 premounts
caster - 4º stock
kick-up - 1mm
droop - 3.5mm
anti-roll bar - stock yellow
camber link hole - stock (I cant remember which actual hole, and my cars at the track)
diff tightness - medium
arm placement - middle

battery placement - middle, slid to inside.
body - Protoform Alfa 2.0

Rear suspension:
upper shock mount - 3rd hole up
lower shock mount - 3rd hole out
shocks - schumacher
shock pistons - 2 holes open
shock oil - Associated 40 wt.
springs - schumacher gray
shock lenght - 65mm
toe-in - 1.5º
camber - -2º
tires - take off 27 premounts
anti-squat - none
droop - 4.5mm
anti roll bar - stock yellow
camber link mount (hub) - outer hole
camber link mount (tower) - upper middle hole
diff tightness - tight
arm placement - middle

Im going to try raising the rear roll center, so the car will roll less in the rear. I think I'll try going to the inner hold on the hub, its also much higher so the link will get angled. Also I might try 1mm rear kick up. Possibly go to -1º camber so the rear end doesnt dig in as much. Another thing I might try is lengthening the wheel base in the rear. I was running the stock blue springs in the rear, but if I entered a corner hot the rear end would slide. Any ideas would be great. I'd also like to know what you think of my ideas. Thanks.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:40 PM
PW
Tech Elite

racerdx6.....From what I can see from your setup the front isn't rolling enough. It sounds like you need to get the car to roll more in the front.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll try some things to get the front to roll more today at the track. I am also going to put some spacers on the schumacher shocks so I can run my x-ray springs for more tuning options. I will be getting the tamiya shocks soon though. Should I try opening the holes in the pistons to 3 holes? I guess most of the people running tamiya shocks are running 3 hole pistons so it's probably best to be as close as possible right now. Thanks.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Most drivers are using 3 holes open on the Schumacher Vari Pistons with 35 or 40wt oil.

Racerdx6 - Move you batteries out on the chassis to the middle or outer position. We have not found many (any) situations where slid all the way in was the best way to go.
Old 05-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Does anyone know the size for the Diff housing bearings on the MI2?? ( The large flange bearings) I dont have my manual with me to look it up. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.