Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

Looking at the wheel side by side with the RP's I bought to replace them;

The hex section of the black wheel is deeper and the webbing is level with the edge of the hex section.

The new RP wheel has a shallower hex and the webbing is only a few mm tall.

If these wheels won't fit the Mi2 EC, why are they listed for it?

Skiddins
Old 10-18-2006, 10:33 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Looking at the wheel side by side with the RP's I bought to replace them;

The hex section of the black wheel is deeper and the webbing is level with the edge of the hex section.

The new RP wheel has a shallower hex and the webbing is only a few mm tall.

If these wheels won't fit the Mi2 EC, why are they listed for it?

Skiddins
If you run the Schumacher wheel spacer included in the kit they will work.

This wheel is no longer considered a competition wheel and there for the newest competition kits weren't sacraficed in order to make an old wheel fit. I bet we have sold less than a dozen of these wheels in the last year. The U2394 is a very old wheel that shares the same hex, but isn't even listed in the Mi2EC manual.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by seaball
hello everyone. i recently perchased a shumacher, and i'm glad to join you all (wow). everone seems really nice. one question can anyone tell me the best things to do to make my car go faster i 'm not great in the turns so i want to make the most of the straights whoopie!!!
I find a blind fold works very well for me.
Old 10-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PW
If you run the Schumacher wheel spacer included in the kit they will work.

This wheel is no longer considered a competition wheel and there for the newest competition kits weren't sacraficed in order to make an old wheel fit. I bet we have sold less than a dozen of these wheels in the last year. The U2394 is a very old wheel that shares the same hex, but isn't even listed in the Mi2EC manual.
I take your point on the second part, but I was using the wheel spacers, and they still hit the webbing.

Skiddins
Old 10-18-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I take your point on the second part, but I was using the wheel spacers, and they still hit the webbing.

Skiddins
Hmm....Check that your hexes aren't on backwards. The hex has a flange on one side that is designed to ride against the hub bearing and space the hex away from the hub slightly. I've seen this many times including the first time I built my car

Honestly we never checked to see if those wheels fit the EC.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

I heard a rumour that Schumacher are to release a new tourer, different diffs, top desk design etc etc. Anyone got any news on this ?
Old 10-19-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

haven't heard anything, but it's due, in my opinion. with all of the competition going to low/short top decks, i would be surprised if schumacher didn't follow suit. i am also hoping for new molded parts, but that's probably a lofty expectation. i think they used their last suspension design for like 6 years.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The Mission Suspension was different than what we're running now. That was 3 years ago maybe? Not 100% sure. As for a new car, I haven't heard anything either. I know they're always trying different parts, maybe different top decks and such to learn, but I don't know about a whole new car.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

"How come the band Styx did not get the credit they deserve? because most critics are cynical assholes!".....Scuba Steve
Old 10-19-2006, 08:21 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Hmm....Check that your hexes aren't on backwards. The hex has a flange on one side that is designed to ride against the hub bearing and space the hex away from the hub slightly. I've seen this many times including the first time I built my car

Honestly we never checked to see if those wheels fit the EC.
Why not use the HPI pro4 wheel hex? You can't put them on the wrong way
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by HappyHippo
Why not use the HPI pro4 wheel hex? You can't put them on the wrong way
The HPI hex is nice and does work, but the pin size is much larger than the schuy ones so the hex can twist if you're not careful.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Not sure if a new car is needed just because the other companies feel the need for a car of the week club and IMO never really go any faster than the one before other than when new packs and motors make them faster.

I could see something maybe new for running on the rug but the asphalt car has no problems being competitive with the other cars out on the market.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
The HPI hex is nice and does work, but the pin size is much larger than the schuy ones so the hex can twist if you're not careful.
If you use TIR axels and drill them up there no problemo

I run 3-4 timeslonger on TIR axels than Than schumacher axels so thats worth it
Old 10-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Who needs a new car when this one can still win . I believe this was brought up before vegas, and I'm pretty sure it was made clear that no one has a new car. Just drivers testing new parts, we always get a lot of parts from the Team Dremel department .
Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

bout the only problem is that the car has a higher centre of gravity which imo helps on aphsalt where grip is low and a bit of roll can increase grip.

but i reckon the mi3 if thats what they call it will kick ass.

ok im about to go from a track where i run 5.5mm and 6mm ride heights to a track that is bigger and slightly smoother, what can i expect to change to get the car handle similar? ill be lucky if i can put 2 pack in before we start qualifying so im trying to plan out what i might need to change.
cheers guys,
Josh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.