Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

So with the mods that we are seeing so far (slotting the camber holes on the shock tower to adjust for lowered diffs; running carpet top decks for outdoors etc..) is it possible that we will see some of these part being offered from BMI? I wouldn’t mind seeing a package of varying top decks for different setups or a pair of shock towers if not a entire chassis to give us more options.
Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
Tweak ?

if you set the car up shock are the same ride every thing dead nut put on the tweak station adjusted the car for tweak and then re check to see what it did to the ride hight and it's of by almost 1mm off from left to right is the chassis tweaked
I've found that I get similar when I change the front diffs etc.
Loosen the top deck screws at the end which has the problem, twist the chassis in the desired direction (which ever way will get rid of the tweak), while holding it twisted tighten up the allen screws.

This seems to get rid of any tweak.

HTH
Skiddins
Old 08-11-2006, 07:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

thanks I found the problem the station is off from left to right so its going back
Old 08-13-2006, 09:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Iv got a couple of ? one on the bulk head where the motor screws go for the gear mesh has anyone had the problem where the holes arnt the slitist bit big enough because depending on the gear but i run a 112 spur and when i gear between 7.00 and higher when i tighen the screws they grip the bulk head and move the motor/gear mesh. two I know the mi2ec generally has alot of slop but im getting castor slop and it seems that when I get in a sweeper i will find the lane i want early on but as the car progresses through it will change lanes and im pretty sure its because of the castor slop. what im working on right now to get rid of castor slop is im sanding down the c-hub where the hindge pin goes and im going to put a aluminum spacer inbetween the arm and the c-hub will this help prefent castor slop.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:56 AM
Tech Rookie

Default mi2 shocks

Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to build mi2 shocks. the book is really not that clear. Is the shock suppose to have full travel after it has been re-filled. I think mine's too hard cause I cannot compress them completely. If I drain a littlebit oil, I can compress them but they dont return completely.

Please help...
Old 08-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brakkie
Hi.

Can anyone tell me how to build mi2 shocks. the book is really not that clear. Is the shock suppose to have full travel after it has been re-filled. I think mine's too hard cause I cannot compress them completely. If I drain a littlebit oil, I can compress them but they dont return completely.

Please help...

get the trf shocks easy to use alot of people have done his or get the ec shocks that some one posted on your post the older shock you have to play with it to get it rite
Old 08-14-2006, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brakkie
Hi.

Please help...
There's no reason to buy TRF shocks. I've run a ton of Tamiyas and the Mi2EC shocks are as good if not better then the Tamiya ones.

As for building them....try filling the shock body with oil then placing the bladder over the filled shock. Some oil will drip out. Tap the bladder so it sits flat on the shock top. Now screw everything together. That should give you just about the right rebound.

I'm sure some of the other guys on this thread have other methods to try as well.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

Nexus - I think you misunderstood the question, the shocks in question are the original MI2 shocks which are indeed a pain to build. I havnt built any in a while but there will be instructions somewhere within these 500+ pages I never got them perfect with no air at all, i too recomend the TRF or EC shocks if you have the cash. They will be easier to build along with being able to get more droop when using the outer shock position holes on the lower wishbone.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
Iv got a couple of ? one on the bulk head where the motor screws go for the gear mesh has anyone had the problem where the holes arnt the slitist bit big enough because depending on the gear but i run a 112 spur and when i gear between 7.00 and higher when i tighen the screws they grip the bulk head and move the motor/gear mesh. two I know the mi2ec generally has alot of slop but im getting castor slop and it seems that when I get in a sweeper i will find the lane i want early on but as the car progresses through it will change lanes and im pretty sure its because of the castor slop. what im working on right now to get rid of castor slop is im sanding down the c-hub where the hindge pin goes and im going to put a aluminum spacer inbetween the arm and the c-hub will this help prefent castor slop.
I haven't had that issue with the gear mesh. You could probably open up the slot a little with a file but don't go too far. As for the castor slop, if it's excessive, that may cause it but I've built a car that was like that w/o slop and it was really hard to drive. Give it a try, just make sure there's no binding.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Rookie

I need your help. I need contact with IslandBwoy. Please give him my email [email protected]

Thanks

Victor
Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys,
i stood my rear shocks last weekend and it settled the rear end down in the switch back but i noticed on out sweeping high speed corners i have to lift where other drivers can just steer thru can u guys give me and set up tips or driving tips for high speed sweeping bends?? btw im only .5 a lap of the fastest so i dont think im loosing that much but just wanna try and perfect my set up,
cheers, Josh
Old 08-15-2006, 04:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys,
i stood my rear shocks last weekend and it settled the rear end down in the switch back but i noticed on out sweeping high speed corners i have to lift where other drivers can just steer thru can u guys give me and set up tips or driving tips for high speed sweeping bends?? btw im only .5 a lap of the fastest so i dont think im loosing that much but just wanna try and perfect my set up,
cheers, Josh
Standing the rear shocks up is going to make the back of the car drive more square so in the switch backs its transfering faster in the sweeper the car is now rolling enough and its trying to pick up a tire try putting about 1 to .5 more up travel over ride height
Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by girviz
I need your help. I need contact with IslandBwoy. Please give him my email [email protected]

Thanks

Victor

You rang? pm sent.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Default you

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey guys,
cheers, Josh
Josh you need to contact "seaball" send him a pm, he is and I quote "The MI2 Master tuner"
Old 08-15-2006, 07:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

It's that time again

Roll call for the IIC Vegas race Anyone running Schumacher cars attending please let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.