Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2002, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

I doing this almost daily cadd, I guess my seach goes on. Thanks........
Old 10-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Tech Regular

Has any of you guys in here had any problems with your pre assembled servo saver?The one that came with my EVO2 seems to be hitting the right bulk head.Keeping it from moving it's full throw.WHAT"S UP WIT THAT?
Old 10-12-2002, 10:53 PM
Tech Elite

you may have to shave a little off the saver. Check to make sure that if the servo is on the right side of the car then the bearings in the holders are turned to the left side. If your Servo is on the left side of the car then the bearings in the holder should be on the right side.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:46 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by littledog
Has any of you guys in here had any problems with your pre assembled servo saver?The one that came with my EVO2 seems to be hitting the right bulk head.Keeping it from moving it's full throw.WHAT"S UP WIT THAT?
Can you take a picture with the upper deck removed? it may be easier to spot any problems......

I have come across two cases of this but on both instances it was due to wrong assembly or changing the original part. ie. using a different (larger) ballend.......and different spacing of the servo and ball on the servo arm......
Old 10-13-2002, 08:03 AM
Tech Initiate

I just got back from trying to dial in my xray. This thing is dialed on carpet!

front
anti-dive: 3
caster: 3+1 (8.0)
ride height: 4mm
shock location: 2
droop: 4
camber: -2.0
toe: 0
oil: 60
pistons: adj 2 open
springs: purple
preload: 3.1 mm
tires: trc foam plaid

rear
anti-squat: 3
ride height: 4mm
shock location: 2
droop: 4
camber: -1
toe: +2
oil: 50
pistons: adj 4 open
springs: purple
preload: 1.2mm
tires: trc foam purple

gearing:stock
motor: p2k2
track: grey ozite, very tight and technical.
pulley: full one way
body: trinity refrence stratus.

the car pulled really hard out of corners. I was practicing with a tc3 and while he would pull up on my bumper, I owned him in the corners and the xray was just faster overall. I few sponsored drivers gave me some pointers on setup and it really helped. The car was a little loose and would hook at the apex sometimes. The rear was too stiff, dropped from 60 to 50 and the car was golden.

Old 10-13-2002, 10:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

littledog, look at the servo savers bearings the holders are off set and dont hold them in the middle. you may have them in the wrong way in the chassis. pop them out and spin em' around and try that.
Old 10-13-2002, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Mike, after I got down to the Tiltyard and striped the Evo chassis down, I found out that the hole for the servo saver in the chassis' are different. This was the look I had on my face when I noticed it>>> The Evo chassis uses a larger hole for the bearing retainer while the T1 chassis uses a smaller hole. And there off-set from each other!!!! Luckly Homer had a milling lathe and I was able to make the hole larger on the T1 chassis and it turned out perfect. The car is WAY stiffer then the "flexable flyer" 6 cell chassis. I think I'll put the swaybars back on and try it. A flexable chassis and swaybars just don't mix.
Old 10-13-2002, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you race on carpet and don't have the "c-hub" option go buy it!

Basically the factory droop settings out of the Evo2 set up booklet. Number three shock position on the rear. Purple front springs and violet in the rear. One way shaft loosened. Camber -1 front and back. I assume 30wt oil because I brought the car from Mike5009. The car was on! I wasn't. Anyway the car was stuck! When I made a mistake I could see myself catching people. If my driving was better (bad day) this car would have shocked a few of my friends as I am not really a carpet guy. Next week my target sight is on the "A" and about four friends. Anybody want a factory team TC3?
Old 10-13-2002, 04:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Isaac I gotta disagree with you about the c-hub statement. My car feels and looks dialed. I won't give up on the pillowball suspension until I can't get anything more out of the car as it is, then I'll go the c-hubs. But my car has plenty of steering and I think I'll be doing very well this carpet season. To me when I had a few sponsored drivers taking my car out and them saying wow this thing feels great! means something to me. But we both push rexes and drive xray's

notin like the power of a force feed flat 4 in the morning.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Jesse.. no I'm not saying the pillow ball isn't working but I did like the feel of the c-hubs. Do what works for you. The hubs were working for me. It felt balanced and stuck. What works for me will not work for everyone. For me the hubs were point and shoot. I just had bad aim yesterday.
Old 10-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Initiate

so true..........man your lucky living real close to the boy down at turboxs....I love my xray, its dialed
Old 10-13-2002, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Isaac, did you have the pivotball suspension on the car first???? I thought you said you were going to try that first and then change?? You should have the pivotball on and then change after you've tried it for a while. Anyway, my car will be "all dat" this weekend. Watch and see.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone else had problems with arms breaking on their c-hub fronts? i have broken 3 arms (two of them on the same corner). i realize that i am running mod and stuff breaks, but the design of the arms seems very poor, its in geometry and how it would respond to a crash.
Old 10-13-2002, 06:51 PM
Tech Elite

not trying to be a jerk but if you had a TC3 or XXX-S would it have done the same thing you think in the same crash? Only problems I have seen and heard can kind of be fixed by putting a set screw in where the new sway bar attachment goes. Is this were it is breaking?
Old 10-13-2002, 07:52 PM
Tech Elite

Jesse.... you got a WRX? Yes I have already been to TurboXS. I just want an exhaust and a blow off valve. The car is fast enough to get you in some serious trouble!

Greg no I ran the Evo as I got it. C-hubs and personally I don't see switching. At least not yet. The confidence level is too good right now. I will try the pivot balls soon though... one day.

Last edited by Isaac; 10-13-2002 at 07:54 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.