Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 10:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mike_Webb
A guy at our track has bent a few hubs. He was also driving the car with a 7 turn in it. He has since gone back to the Pillow Balls. I doubt we will have the same problems in the 19 turn class.
I run 8 or 9T without any problems on the C hubs...have taken a few hits as well. I wish I could say the same about the A-arms!
Old 10-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Usagi
I am one of the first batch owners way before most got theirs. march 2001.......If I hated the car don`t you think I would have sold it by now?
Why does it matter when you bought your car? I've had an XRAY since Feb of last year, does that mean anything? No! Does it mean anything that I started this thread? No! What is the point of you mentioning when you bought your kit.

You have problems with your distributer but you're placing blame on Mario Hudy. He has no control of the distributers. They (your distributor) routes XRAY products to your region and what they do with it is their business. How they deal with retailers and customers where you are is something that has to be dealt with there (where you are) by retailers and customers such as yourself.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Usagi
Attitude? come on!.........
Why do I look at this thread? Because I am wishing to see some daylight with my xray....meaning a reason to hope for resuming running the car.......... I will say it Again......... I am one of the first batch owners way before most got theirs. march 2001.......If I hated the car don`t you think I would have sold it by now?
i would swear you hate this car. by all the trash talking you are doing. the guys here hit the nail on the head its your fellow country men cramming it in your butt. its a good car with good support. ya i have complaints but i use the forum to help the problem not be part of it. are you an crusty old woman cause you sure sound like one
Old 10-11-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by RCCadet
Why does it matter when you bought your car? I've had an XRAY since Feb of last year, does that mean anything? No! Does it mean anything that I started this thread? No! What is the point of you mentioning when you bought your kit. ALot!

You have problems with your distributer but you're placing blame on Mario Hudy. He has no control of the distributers. They (your distributor) routes XRAY products to your region and what they do with it is their business. How they deal with retailers and customers where you are is something that has to be dealt with there (where you are) by retailers and customers such as yourself.
Hum..........Ok its in my neck of the woods so if its not in your Who caes right........ Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mike5009
i would swear you hate this car. by all the trash talking you are doing. the guys here hit the nail on the head its your fellow country men cramming it in your butt. its a good car with good support. ya i have complaints but i use the forum to help the problem not be part of it. are you an crusty old woman cause you sure sound like one
I write this a "SECOND TIME" ................Hum..........Ok its in my neck of the woods so if its not in your Who cares right........ Oh well!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2002, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

If your having problems getting parts in your neck of the"woods" then we can sympathise with that,but it`s not X-Ray at fault.
Basically the general concensous is that were tired of you acting like a dick.

Hop Hop
Old 10-11-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

hu
How old are you? 15?
Old 10-12-2002, 04:58 AM
Tech Regular

With the tantrums you throw,I wasn`t even going to credit you with that much of age.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:05 AM
Tech Regular

ok you 12
Old 10-12-2002, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Ya dont complain get them from somewhere in the states from a buddy and have him ship them over to you
Old 10-12-2002, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think usagi hates the car, just the company behind the car. It sucks that you can't get parts, that's really a shame as this is a great car. Have you tried talking to the hobby shops or their distributors as to why this is so? I can't imagine why Hudy/Xray wouldn't want to deal with stores in Japan, or anywhere for that matter. It doesn't make any sense at all (Isn't one guy's money as good as the next?) So, I really doubt Hudy/Xray is selling to your distributors at a higher cost, or is less willing to deal with them.

If you've already tried getting answers from the distributors/hobby shops, or they won't give any answers, I hate to say it, but you'd might as well change cars and forget about this one. There's no sense in running something you can't afford parts for.
Old 10-12-2002, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Oh, and on the matter of new parts....

Yes, there is always some new part for the car, or a revised part, or whatever... But, nobody is forcing you to buy these. Some may, or may not help you. I'm pretty sure they've been calling alot of the new parts (c-hub suspension for example) "tuning aids" which makes sense to me, as that's all they are. They don't try to guarantee that the part(s) will make you faster, they're just meant as another adjustment you can make if you think it's needed.

Just be glad that they're always trying to improve on the car, instead of ignoring it.
Old 10-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dtm
The new caster C hubs I can accept......but the new front shock tower already!!!! Mario- I think your boys should do an exchange program for the old ones.....its too soon to be releasing new stuff for the NEW C hub conversion.....just points to the fact that Xray got it wrong the first time round!!!!
DTM:

I think that Mario launched this part for those 'foam guys' who like to run very small tyres and don't want to crank too their shock adjustment collars, I use the C-hubs with rubbers and don't find that I need the 'ultratune' front shock tower, but in fact If I break it, possibly I buy the ultratune version rather than the stock.

Is like a problem of: What quantity you want to crank your shocks today?
Old 10-12-2002, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by JeffC
I don't think usagi hates the car, just the company behind the car. It sucks that you can't get parts, that's really a shame as this is a great car. Have you tried talking to the hobby shops or their distributors as to why this is so? I can't imagine why Hudy/Xray wouldn't want to deal with stores in Japan, or anywhere for that matter. It doesn't make any sense at all (Isn't one guy's money as good as the next?) So, I really doubt Hudy/Xray is selling to your distributors at a higher cost, or is less willing to deal with them.

If you've already tried getting answers from the distributors/hobby shops, or they won't give any answers, I hate to say it, but you'd might as well change cars and forget about this one. There's no sense in running something you can't afford parts for.
Well its a long story about their distru here Jeff.
What I was total the prices are controlled by the distru out here.

Change cars well it does appear so, but I still am wishing that things might change......Thanks for your comments........
Old 10-12-2002, 09:48 AM
Tech Adept

I found that if you are not running one of the big three, HPI, Losi or Associated, that most hobby shops don't carry many if any kits or parts for any other touring cars on the market. I don't think you can blame the manufacturer for a distributor carrying or not carrying parts for the xray. I just got my xray a couple of months ago, and I guess I got lucky to find a really cool shop owner that was will to order the car and some spare parts for me. But like someone said, you might want to check the internet and see if you can get a better deal on parts on the net.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.