New Team CRC Gen-XL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Team CRC Gen-XL

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

To be honest after taking to the pro drivers the kit set up is pretty much bang on. I was also told to get everything moving really freely makes for a good handling car. The main thing was getting the front arms to drop without binding on the caster blocks. As they were a little tight on the long arms.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Weazsel
Ok guys, I need a little help here. I just ordered the Gen-XL my first on-road car. I'm doing a lot of research (I read this whole thread start to finish) but there's a lot to take in at once.

I'm trying to order necessities and must-haves, I've compiled a list maybe you can let me know what I need to add or omit?

Right now I'm talking about the Gen-XL, if anyone wants to PM me accessories that I'll need (Tweak stations, tires, truers, etc) that would be cool too.

Anyway here's what I got so far:

I'm going with the Orion packs and motors.

JRPSZ3650 - JR Z3650 Digital High Speed Metal Gear Mini Race Servo
CLN1280 - CRC Rear Side Spring Set
CLN3299 - CRC VCS/Encore Spring Set (6)
CLN3277 - CRC Pro-Strut Graphite Brace w/Hardware

CLN3260 - CRC Large 1/12 Bumper
CLN3259 - CRC Small 1/12 Bumper (Which one? Large or Small?)

CLN1764 - CRC 4mm Carbon Fiber Top Plate
CLN3351 - CRC Aluminum Left Side Bulkhead

CLN4168 - CRC 1/12 BA004 "Bomb'R" Clear Body
CLN4166 - CRC R10 Pacemaker Light Weight 1/12th Body
CLN4167 - CRC Audi R8C Light Weight 1/12th Body
Which body is the hot ticket?

Anything spares you guys could recommend? Anything I need/don't need? Thanks in advance...
The r8c is what most of the team runs. Small bumper is fine. the braces and long arms aren't needed for stock racing if that's what your planning on running. Start with kit setup with the r8c body ,green center spring , 20 to 30k in tubes not kit stuff then adjust from there. Are you planning on running at Donny's track? I'll be down most likely for opening weekend if you have questions or need help. My stock car is as dialed as it gets. The brass pivot ball are good but take more up keep. I run them in my 13.5 car. Get a number 46 drill to drill upper arms to make then super smooth any true value type hardware store will have it cheap.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:32 PM
Tech Master

Is it better to have the servo mounted flat or angled?

Do most of you set your car up to be balanced on both side when placed on the the spikes?
Old 09-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
Is it better to have the servo mounted flat or angled?

Do most of you set your car up to be balanced on both side when placed on the the spikes?
You should get a lot of feedback about flat or angled. To me...not much difference; except, you get a lower CG with flat (which can be a positive in the right circumstance).

I, for one, always balance my cars using Irrgang Racing Services Balance Buttons. Mo better than the spikes.

Bill
Old 09-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tire recommentions

Ordering my XL on monday, need some help with setup,gearing and tire compound,but mostly tires. The local track just moved there carpet track and laid down new ozite,but no one knows what compound tires to start off with? We will be running 13.5 in blinky mode. Whats a good safe starting compound and maybe next harder up if traction should come around. Also the track doesn't allow paragon. Thanks for any help..
Old 09-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tire recommentions

Ordering my XL on monday, need some help with setup,gearing and tire compound,but mostly tires. The local track just moved there carpet track and laid down new ozite,but no one knows what compound tires to start off with? We will be running 13.5 in blinky mode. Whats a good safe starting compound and maybe next harder up if traction should come around. Also the track doesn't allow paragon. Thanks for any help..
Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craig
Pink Rears and Pink or Magenta fronts will work very well. For sauce I'd suggest SXT 3.0.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Also, if you notice a bunch of fuzz buildup on the tires and a loss of grip later in the run, maybe try black fronts and yellow rears. They tend to collect less junk on them as the run goes on. After you figure that out, its pretty easy .

-Korey
Old 09-18-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I pretty much run Magenta fronts and Orange rears all the time. I just adjust my sauce in the front for the traction level. Super glue on the outside bead of the tire. SXT 3.0 is very good. Orange tires are the Yellows that Korey suggested but with a gray sidewall for less chunking. Yellows work very well too.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kenny L
The r8c is what most of the team runs. Small bumper is fine. the braces and long arms aren't needed for stock racing if that's what your planning on running. Start with kit setup with the r8c body ,green center spring , 20 to 30k in tubes not kit stuff then adjust from there. Are you planning on running at Donny's track? I'll be down most likely for opening weekend if you have questions or need help. My stock car is as dialed as it gets. The brass pivot ball are good but take more up keep. I run them in my 13.5 car. Get a number 46 drill to drill upper arms to make then super smooth any true value type hardware store will have it cheap.
Can't go wrong with advice from Kenny, his cars ARE dialed.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I would suggest running either running pink or graylow rears along with black or magenta fronts. Personally I always run magenta fronts and graylow rears. Only time I run a pink rear is when I run mod or 13.5 open. Make sure to dial out dual rate as needed. I typically dial out as much as I can to get around the tightest corner on the track and then add a few more clicks. A few other things that help with the car is the slide in ride height spacers for the front and the 4mm top brace in the rear. Building the front end correctly IMO is the most important part on the xl. Make sure everything drops under it's own weight and there is no binding at all. Also, pay close attention to the rear Ctr pivot to make sure it all moves freely. The car is crazy dialed when everything is working correctly.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by WIITA
I would suggest running either running pink or graylow rears along with black or magenta fronts. Personally I always run magenta fronts and graylow rears. Only time I run a pink rear is when I run mod or 13.5 open. Make sure to dial out dual rate as needed. I typically dial out as much as I can to get around the tightest corner on the track and then add a few more clicks. A few other things that help with the car is the slide in ride height spacers for the front and the 4mm top brace in the rear. Building the front end correctly IMO is the most important part on the xl. Make sure everything drops under it's own weight and there is no binding at all. Also, pay close attention to the rear Ctr pivot to make sure it all moves freely. The car is crazy dialed when everything is working correctly.
So when you go to mod you basically go to a harder tire to allow for more rotation?
Old 09-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Now you have to be carefull on what brand of tires you are talking about because shore and color rating somewhat change from company to company. We usually always run CRC/BSR pink rears and magenta fronts and when traction comes up like korey said we will go to yellow or graylow rears and black fronts.

Tyler
Old 09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CorallyBQuiK
Now you have to be carefull on what brand of tires you are talking about because shore and color rating somewhat change from company to company. We usually always run CRC/BSR pink rears and magenta fronts and when traction comes up like korey said we will go to yellow or graylow rears and black fronts.

Tyler
Are greylow and grey different?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Are greylow and grey different?

Thanks
Yes, the graylow is a dual compound, It's a yellow tire with an outside band of gray. Jaco's version is called orange.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.