Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mc4798
Well done !

Thanks,Mike
Originally Posted by xrayal
come on hobbywing, thanks to cherry many,many,many racers,bashers and the like have been helped out. give him the love he deserves.
top man c2b, thanks for your help mate.
Originally Posted by darrenoakley
Thanks Cherry really helpfully videos and all in your own time mate. Top man
Thanks guys, but it may be my last input as having heard the news on the other thread am probably going to move over to the New Team Powers ESC's as the pricing is so much more competitive with similar performance. Can't be dealing with anal 'exclusive distributors' had enough of that with SPEEDPASSION.

My views are here if you feel like reading them.......
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7638454-post689.html

Cherry x
Old 07-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Thanks guys, but it may be my last input as having heard the news on the other thread am probably going to move over to the New Team Powers ESC's as the pricing is so much more competitive with similar performance. Can't be dealing with anal 'exclusive distributors' had enough of that with SPEEDPASSION.

My views are here if you feel like reading them.......
http://www.rctech.net/forum/7638454-post689.html

Cherry x
shame that your right.......................
Old 07-10-2010, 02:20 AM
Tech Adept

I've been running the 422 software on my sp 60a lpf with a lrp x12 17.5 and is very quick. just having trouble with heat. it came off the track last night at 105 degrees c. i turned the speedo down but still didn't improve. can you gear the cars to low? running 8.4 ratio in xray t2 009 on a open and flowing track
Old 07-10-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

That is way to low geared, you should gear it arround 6.0 or lower and take a lower less power program on your ESC.
Your motor is always running at high RPM witch will increase temperature of the motor.
You have one advance and that is those X12 motor are developed for high temps.
I always gear my X12 13.5 at 5.8 and the temp is much lower then you have mentioned.
Old 07-10-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by millbank
I've been running the 422 software on my sp 60a lpf with a lrp x12 17.5 and is very quick. just having trouble with heat. it came off the track last night at 105 degrees c. i turned the speedo down but still didn't improve. can you gear the cars to low? running 8.4 ratio in xray t2 009 on a open and flowing track
First load the new firmware 518, FDR 6.4 / 6.5 and try to decrease the parameter # 9 Boost timing (example value 6/5) until the temperatures are acceptable, unfortunately the X12 series does not stand tall electronic advance
Old 07-15-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Does SP make 018 Software?? or just 028
Old 07-18-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

hi everybody

jst wanna know some tips and the setup of the 120a v2 esc with 528mod. im running with 3.5t xerun motor with 416x. what is the best fdr for it on outdoor parking lot track. the track was maybe around 60 - 90ft long on the straight. abit technical type(i guess so)

thanks in advance.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default XERUN 120A ESC, 17.5 motor and F104Pro

Hi guys,

I am new to this hobby and have just bought a XERUN 120A ver2.1 ESC with 528 s/w with Team Powers 17.5 motor to be used in a F104Pro. I have gone through pages of this thread but could not seem to find any recommended settings for similar setup. Could somebody please help share your settings. Any recommendations would also be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This esc is great! I'm running a Xerun 60A with Team Powers 13.5T motor.
Didn't buy a complete package because i figured 2700kv was too little. Team Powers motor is rated 3000kv. How wrong was i? The current setup is almost too fast for our track. Great value for money.
Lets just hope they will keep it this way. I might buy a few more...
Old 07-18-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi RL.2002 and tmkhaw,
Might wanna have a look at
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ftware-54.html
Lots of info there.

www.cobrarc.info, I think this man is in charge of the Hobbywing sales or distribution or PR

Last edited by TBOTubed; 07-18-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

tried to buy a combo this weekend to no avail ...

i heard there's a supply issue, manufacturing seems to have temporarily ceased.

can anyone shed light on the matter?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RevMaxx
tried to buy a combo this weekend to no avail ...

i heard there's a supply issue, manufacturing seems to have temporarily ceased.

can anyone shed light on the matter?
No the manufacturing hasn't ceased just to much demand and the factory is going through back orders right now .

Please what is it that you need.please email me at [email protected]
Old 07-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

Daft question coming up; I've a 60A Xerun V2 and the LCD box - both have had the firmware updated to the latest version when I was at my mates, and I can modify settings via the LCD box - i.e. all works OK.

However, whenever I plug the LCD box into the PC, and then the ESC into the LCD box I just get a "Connecting PC" message on the LCD box and cannot get to the settings on the speedo via the PC software. I am not plugging the battery in and switching the speedo on as this isnt mentioned in the instructions, and with my old Losi Xcelorin I was always told to do this under no circumstances as it could fry my PC.

So, in summary is it safe to plug my LiPo in and switch the ESC on when connected to the PC via the program box, or is this not how to solve my problem? Thanks.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andysan
Hi all,

Daft question coming up; I've a 60A Xerun V2 and the LCD box - both have had the firmware updated to the latest version when I was at my mates, and I can modify settings via the LCD box - i.e. all works OK.

However, whenever I plug the LCD box into the PC, and then the ESC into the LCD box I just get a "Connecting PC" message on the LCD box and cannot get to the settings on the speedo via the PC software. I am not plugging the battery in and switching the speedo on as this isnt mentioned in the instructions, and with my old Losi Xcelorin I was always told to do this under no circumstances as it could fry my PC.

So, in summary is it safe to plug my LiPo in and switch the ESC on when connected to the PC via the program box, or is this not how to solve my problem? Thanks.

Speedy must be turned on and plugged in to battery or you can connect power to the LCD box on its own but you need to turn on the speedy.

You should not fry the speedy I have been connecting to PC since these speedys came out with a battery connected and no problems.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bjspinner
Speedy must be turned on and plugged in to battery or you can connect power to the LCD box on its own but you need to turn on the speedy.

You should not fry the speedy I have been connecting to PC since these speedys came out with a battery connected and no problems.
I need to plug ESC into LiPo and turn on even when connected to PC? I assumed that the battery only needs to be connected and switched on to power the programming box - as this is powered by USB I didnt think it was necessary.

Its not the speedo I'm concerned about, its that Im plugging something into my USB port thats plugged into a LiPo battery - with other ESC's I've read not to do this because you could send voltage into your PC and damage it.

Definitely then to access the speedo plug the LCD box into PC, speedo into LCD box and then power on with LiPo battery and switch? I'm still cautious.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.