Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 02:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by razzor
I have a Sp lcd and i have tried hw v1.04 and then gone back to V1.02 with no hassle. I do however alternate between the SP software for touring and HW for 1/8 offroad.
Might be that teh later model lcd's have a lock out for older software versions or SP vs HW software.
not just me razzor can do it also.

Last edited by irgo; 03-10-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by irgo
not just me razzor can do it also.
The later version 26 12 2009 seems to be unable to do so, we have had the plastic V1.02's before with no problems, Just the new ones seem to be 'set' to V1.04 and are not able to 'downgrade' the Firmware.
Old 03-10-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Cherry, just remember that you might not be able to upgrade to 1.04 later on with the Turnigy box just like I'm not able to.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
Cherry, just remember that you might not be able to upgrade to 1.04 later on with the Turnigy box just like I'm not able to.
Thanks for that GOOD advice mate, but TBH I only want the SP software on these controllers, I have a HW Plastic which we have left as 'stock' for if ever we go back to hobbywing softwares, but with the upcoming SUPERCHARGER program from SP I just can't ever see that actually happening lol. But thanks dude!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Thanks for that GOOD advice mate, but TBH I only want the SP software on these controllers, I have a HW Plastic which we have left as 'stock' for if ever we go back to hobbywing softwares, but with the upcoming SUPERCHARGER program from SP I just can't ever see that actually happening lol. But thanks dude!
Cool! Fill us in on the details with the supercharger program when you get it working. I'm gonna be running ROAR spec 17.5 with my Blitz soon and the Tekin guys with Turbo are dominating. I need something to help me keep up .
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Grr got the same box as you Cherry, no SP software for me but I've ordered one of the Turnigy boxes, lets hope they haven't updated those as well!

EDIT: Gets more curious. I have the 1.5 and 1.6 HW software on my PC, I tried using my un-downgradeable LCD box to put the 312 software on my ESC i.e. the profile that comes with the 1.5 HW software. When re-connecting the ESC to my Rx and battery it was to all intents and purposes dead. Putting the 323 back on the ESC raised it from the dead. So does the ESC firmware also stop you "downgrading"? Has anyone put SP software on their ESC when downgrading the ESC from 323 to 110?

Last edited by gazmond; 03-10-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
The later version 26 12 2009 seems to be unable to do so, we have had the plastic V1.02's before with no problems, Just the new ones seem to be 'set' to V1.04 and are not able to 'downgrade' the Firmware.
i have something here, all you have to do is asked me ?
do you want it to downgrade ?
Old 03-11-2010, 08:14 AM
Tech Addict

Nothing new about the new firmware?
Old 03-12-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Regular

Default INVEST. SMOKING 13.5 motor

After cooking some 13.5t motors i have investignated the wires of this motors.
Surprise, the windings of this motors are made out of 4 wires and when I measured the copperwire I found 2 wires 0.5 diam. and 2 of 0.6 diam.
I am not agree with this construction specially when you use stock programs for HW ESC,it is ask for smoking motors, because of this the amps will not be equal through all the windings, specially when the winds are not equal wound.
After this I wind a motor by myself with equal thickness wires and tested this on the track and not a big surprise that the motor stay very cool (overgeared for testing) and so much more punch than the motor with factory winds.

To be fair to the manufacturers I have found this kind of wires in SP,GM,CS,Doktor Speed motors.
I hope that manufacturers also be fair to us.

Had someone also this expirience, let me know

Last edited by eded1; 03-12-2010 at 01:34 AM. Reason: To create better products
Old 03-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by eded1
After cooking some 13.5t motors i have investignated the wires of this motors.
Surprise, the windings of this motors are made out of 4 wires and when I measured the copperwire I found 2 wires 0.5 diam. and 2 of 0.6 diam.
I am not agree with this construction specially when you use stock programs for HW ESC,it is ask for smoking motors, because of this the amps will not be equal through all the windings, specially when the winds are not equal wound.
After this I wind a motor by myself with equal thickness wires and tested this on the track and not a big surprise that the motor stay very cool (overgeared for testing) and so much more punch than the motor with factory winds.

To be fair to the manufacturers I have found this kind of wires in SP,GM,CS,Doktor Speed motors.
I hope that manufacturers also be fair to us.

Had someone also this expirience, let me know
Hey, eded1, do you have a snap picture ?

which 13.5 is that ?
Old 03-12-2010, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Hey, eded1, do you have a snap picture ?

which 13.5 is that ?
I do not have pictures by now I am at my work but I wil try to make some.
B.t.w. what do you mean by snap picture?

First motor I blow was the SP13.5t V.3.0 when I stripped the motor I measured the wires and found differend diameters.
Then I received some cooked motors from friends GM,CS,GM doctorspeed after dismantling I found the same wire diameters.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

First motor I blow was the SP13.5t V.3.0 when I stripped the motor I measured the wires and found differend diameters.
Then I received some cooked motors from friends GM,CS,GM doctorspeed after dismantling I found the same wire diameters.
All these motors you mentioned are made by Feigao.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

i meant, your blown SP13.5t, the Copper wind, if still have is both diameters.
Snap Shot Picture.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Born2Run
All these motors you mentioned are made by Feigao.
There is no discussion possible that this motors made in the same factory,
if this is feigao I dont know what I do know is that it is closely related to Hobbywing in Shenzen(China).
What I ask myself is what do other branches of motors used for wires.
If someone knows for example the wire thicknes of LRP or Trinity motors and
measure the thickness and see of they are equal or not please write it in this forum, i will herewith thank them in advance.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:41 AM
Tech Regular

i meant, your blown SP13.5t, the Copper wind, if still have is both diameters.
Snap Shot Picture.
The diameters are 2x0.5mm and 2x0.6mm this motor is quad winded

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.