Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread. >

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XERUN V2.0 Brushless ESC discussion thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

When I worked at trinity we did this with brushed motors to get different powerbands in the motors. I would guess that is why they are using two different sizes of wire.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Super Charger software on XERUN Oo. It's Quick lol

Super Charger Software for Hobby Wing anyone? Oooo it’s so Quick

Hi guys once again its HobbyWing upgrade season so for those of us running these lovely (cheap) Speed controls Christmas has come early.
WARNING!!!
This is a BETA software and any self upgrades that are put onto your Hobbywing are entirely at your own risk you may blow up Speedo's and Motors etc etc etc.

I have posted a link to the software here...... Download Supercharger_Beta.zip from FileFactory.com I have put this on my usual hosting so feel free to go get it.

Open up the USB Link 1.32 software folder on your PC and RENAME the two file as OLD!!!

Next open up the zip file and unzip, drag the 2 files into the USB Link 1.32 folder and shut the window. Now plug in your LCD programmer and fire up the USB Link 1.32 software, you should now be able to go into the Software section and update to THIS...

Having done this, it may fail several times in the process by the way, DO NOT UNPLUG IT just keep going until it finally comes up with an OK dialogue box.
Now plug in your ESC in the usual way and wander into the software section for the ESC. You should be presented with these software options.....

I picked the latest software meant apparently only for 13.5T and above, but put it on my 10.5 anyway, will watch the temps later on, remember to leave the setting as standard which is lower down on the timing for now. ESC took about 5 minutes of flashing to complete the process DO NOT DISCONNECT go make a COFFEE and leave it to do its’ thing.

Mine looks like this...

The LCD card can be rolled back to SP V1.02 as shown here.

Now turn everything off as usual and DO THE RADIO RESET AGAIN!!!!!!
When you plug the LCD into the Speedo direct (no PC) this is what should show up.

Now for the additional Supercharger settings....... Here you will need to use an old style LED program card to do this no idea why, butone assumes that the new Program card will have the new options built into it.

Plug it in and wait for the two numbers to appear.

Setting 12 is for the Turbo boost level, controlling the overall power being delivered by the Turbo function. Keeping this setting lower will reduce both top speed and heat

Setting 13 allows for the adjustment to the RPM level at which the Turbo Function ‘kicks in’. The Turbo will not start up until this motor speed has been achieved.

Setting 14 allows you to adjust the amount of time ‘full throttle’ must be held BEFORE the turbo function engages this can be fine tuned along with setting 13 to allow best use of the turbo function of the Hobbywing ESC.

Setting 15 on your Hobbywing LED programmer is for Turbo function Punch: This controls the timing advance at RPMs below the level that has been set in Setting 13. The higher you set this the punchier the motor will be but conversely the hotter the motor will get.

Having run this up on the bench the REVS are off the scale the Turbo kicks-in in an absolutely vicious fashion and it managed to rip my Sorex pre glued tires off the rims lol.

Happy HobbyWinging guys but Please Please remember you do these things AT YOUR OWN Risk, this is non standard BETA software not meant for our versions of these fine Speedos.
Enjoy!

Cherry xx

Last edited by cherry2blost; 03-20-2010 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Nice cherry!!
Old 03-13-2010, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Aww shucks I aim to please
Old 03-13-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Have you test it on track?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dameetz
Have you test it on track?
No not yet not racing till Thursday but took it to a HUGE car park and blew the tires off the rims, bloody thing was lethally quick, word for the wise though for 10.5 START the gearing at about 8.5 to 9.0 FDR needs a LOT of revs and turn back down the Mechanical timing and begin the whole process of finding a sweet spot again. Can see this being a motor killer unless we are very careful with gearing, timing etc
Old 03-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Cherry any idea who would be the appropriate software version (on this last update) for a 17.5T?
Is necessary to upgrade the LDC from v1.02 to the v1.03_090704?
I would like to try it tomorrow but unfortunately i don't have that cheap program card.Only the LCD Program box.Is there any other way for the settings?
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Cherry any idea who would be the appropriate software version (on this last update) for a 17.5T?
Is necessary to upgrade the LDC from v1.02 to the v1.03_090704?
I would like to try it tomorrow but unfortunately i don't have that cheap program card.Only the LCD Program box.Is there any other way for the settings?
On the first question I haven't a clue I assume we should use the latest variant of the software for 13.5T +

It seems that only the LED box is able to be used for the 'extended' settings SP are saying that this is due to it being a BETA so one assumes the new SP box will include these extensions on it.

Yes it is neccesary to upgrade the LCD card sorry.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks Cherry.I'll give a try tomorrow if i can find a program card.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Cherry Shawn told me that is the first in the list.Could you check it for me please as you already have it in your program box? I don't want to damage anything.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Please let us know if something for 17.5 comes along. It would give us ROAR spec SCT-Offroad guys something to keep up with the Tekins and MMPros.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Born2Run
Cherry Shawn told me that is the first in the list.Could you check it for me please as you already have it in your program box? I don't want to damage anything.
100231 is top of my list matey.

Originally Posted by unsp0ken
Please let us know if something for 17.5 comes along. It would give us ROAR spec SCT-Offroad guys something to keep up with the Tekins and MMPros.
Hi according to the SP people the 100231 s best for 17.5 onroad but I haven't a clue on Off road as haven't looked at a buggy since retiring my CAT 2000EC. Try it and see, would have thought with the lower torque requirements off road then the higher revving Super Charge may be worth a try lol. Just gear it very High (bigger number) drop the settings and start playing around with it, it is new to all of us so is going to be a definite suck it and see thing.

Hope it helps matey
Old 03-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi, cherry2blost.
How do you get database version 1.82 I am still at version 1.70.
I am not able to get it and also not 103.
Help

Ed
Old 03-14-2010, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

So if i purchase a HW 60A ver2.0 now with LCD programmer, will i still be able to run SP software? I read in this thread and got more and more confused... First i read that it is possible to do so. Next minute, it seems lyk the SP guys prevented HW to run their software. So what is the definite answer?
Old 03-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Tech Addict

Well.i instaled the new stock supercharger package.It wasn't necessary to upgrade the LCD Program box from v1.02 to v1.03_070904.One thing i noticed there is no the same ammount of drag brake when you leave the throtle off and not always.This is not so good for me who uses drag brakes.I have to try all the new settings to find what is the best for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.