Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I getting out my old F-1 pan style car. The locals are racing them in Orange Ca-- Charlie Barnes. I ordered some Shimizu tires--it's an outdoor asphalt track. Any other recommend tires I should try? No foams--rubber.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
I getting out my old F-1 pan style car. The locals are racing them in Orange Ca-- Charlie Barnes. I ordered some Shimizu tires--it's an outdoor asphalt track. Any other recommend tires I should try? No foams--rubber.
The rear 72's shimizus are great there but as it gets colder the rear 75's will be needed. And the more broken in they are the better. Also just clean with buggy grip or sticky kicks.
Old 10-04-2017, 05:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Neja
Have fun Tim, you're gonna dig the Pit tires, they work good.
Mike can comment further but you may want to get Tamiya kit fronts?
Mike, they work at Cal or is there a better go to for the fronts there?
It's been a while since I've made it over there.

Nice Mopar Tim
Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 AM
Tech Addict

Great news!

Andrew Knapp's CRC, equipped with a Fenix Gear Diff has won the IIC2017 F1 Class.

Radio box report that 2/3 of the F1 in the grid were using it.

To all of them:
Thanks a lot!
NutDriver likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Looking at getting an F1 kit. Trying to decide which one. I will be running it on high bite carpet.

Do any of the kits come with the required parts for high bite?

I really like the fenix car but it seems a bit difficult to get
second choice is the xray but I think a new version is very close to releasing
3rd choice is the ae car. (currently have several ae offroad cars)
4th crc (would be higher but sae hardware would mean carrying more crap to the track)

which one of these would be the best out of the box for high bite?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Remember when direct drive cars were fun to race because they were NOT complicated? Looks like thats been screwed up too, just like nearly everything else about this hobby.
Lone Drifter likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
Looking at getting an F1 kit. Trying to decide which one. I will be running it on high bite carpet.

I really like the fenix car but it seems a bit difficult to get
3rd choice is the ae car. (currently have several ae offroad cars)
4th crc (would be higher but sae hardware would mean carrying more crap to the track)

which one of these would be the best out of the box for high bite?
I picked up an AE and very satisfied with the build quality, I had no issue with setup and have not broken any parts. The XRAY is also very high quality and durability, but I've do not own one. The cars are very similar in design, so you can't go wrong. You will have to glue the front sidewall of any F1 Rubber car, so be prepared.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SpeedySST
Remember when direct drive cars were fun to race because they were NOT complicated? Looks like thats been screwed up too, just like nearly everything else about this hobby.
Just interested, what do you see that is so complicated? F1 and a few of the saddle pack pan cars have only gone from disk damper and T-Bar to link and pivot. The front end as compared to any other Pan car is roughly the same: caster, camber, reactive caster and toe adjustments. The block front ends went out before I had my first pan car 10 years ago.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

When was that? When I got my first pan car, the list of tips and tricks was already five pages long. (That was 94, or 95..) Between different T-bars, how tight the pivot screw was tightened, greases on the kingpins, how the kingpins were bent, foam tire tuning..... And my car didn't even have a shock.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Doubt i'll get a response, but i'm trying to see what's top 3 preferred motor for 25.5 F1. Currently running a 21.5 but with everyone going to 25.5 and planning to go to Cleveland, i need to get something legal to run
Old 10-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Motiv MC2 and Team Scream are the most popular that I've seen.
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 11:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by KINGZJ

Once new Xray is out get second hand '17 with alu chasis
KINGZJ likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nerobro
When was that? When I got my first pan car, the list of tips and tricks was already five pages long. (That was 94, or 95..) Between different T-bars, how tight the pivot screw was tightened, greases on the kingpins, how the kingpins were bent, foam tire tuning..... And my car didn't even have a shock.
In retrospect, you're right. The F103 just SEEMED easier to deal with. Dont get me wrong, its the people that keep me in this ridiculously expensive hobby. Everyone Ive met or dealt with, with very few exceptions, have been really helpful. Some have inhaled a bit too much CA and tire traction fumes though.
Nerobro likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

In retrospect, you're right. The F103 just SEEMED easier to deal with. Dont get me wrong, its the people that keep me in this ridiculously expensive hobby. Everyone Ive met or dealt with, with very few exceptions, have been really helpful. Some have inhaled a bit too much CA and tire traction fumes though.
Isn't it interesting our perspectives on expensive hobbies... I got into F1 RC because my previous hobby is insanely expensive, and way above my means. I do it anyway cause I love it.

Eg, I spent $10,000+ AUD being the first person in the country to fit a twin screw supercharger to a 4L inline 6 and made a modest 240rwkw. Then sold the SC and bolted a turbo on the car that cost about $5000 more to make 290rwkw. And that's not counting interior, exterior, drivetrain... Then sold it and bought a weapon of a Falcon... Only to mod that too!

RC I've spent a grand total of about $700 AUD have one good quality competition F1, a standard F104 and an TT02 for my son who is 6 years old. To me this is a much cheaper hobby. And before everyone goes thinking I earn over $100,000 a year... My family income would be just over half that with both myself and my wife working full time (AUD is 80c per USD $1).

Admittedly I'm yet to join a club, and expect several hundred dollars more to be needed to compete regularly. But I'll take RCs cost over modding an Aussie muscle car any day.
MikeR likes this.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Mr. Brooksy,
I continue to race with the Sports Car Club of America and can identify with what you said. My first engine rebuild was close to $5000. First big crash, about $5000. Every race weekend is about $1000. RC is CHEAP comparatively.....but it'll nickel-and-dime you to death if you let it (and I do).
liljohn1064 and Mr Brooksy like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.