Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
ROAR also does not allow the FGX where in UF1 it is allowed.
Roar allowed the FGX at the 2012 nats. It placed second.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
Roar allowed the FGX at the 2012 nats. It placed second.
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

The FGX actually crossed the line first.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
You are certainly welcome to your opinion! I'm saying that UF1 uses parts of ROAR rules and there are some things that might be better left to a larger body than "UF1". I doubt UF1 type organizations are able or interested in approving batteries, motors, and esc's.
I would rather see those intersted in a particular class petition ROAR to be able re-write the rules to what is current.

As a former Region Director (a looong time ago) I know this was the way used to improve things back-in-the-day. Might work again...
This entire discussion about ROAR has come up about a dozen times over the past 4 years and the end result is always the same........NOTHING HAPPENS!
They know who we are but will make no advances in the rule book and they never will, It would only take a few hours to research and change the rules so to me it seems pretty obvious that they dont want to have anything to do with F1, doesnt take 4 years to make a decision! One reason why Uf1 came about and is succesfull.

I tried to start my own organization a few years ago.....it failed miserably but at least i tried! So i have been through all of this before. At the end of the day we do not need ROAR, the class is growing on its own right now and there are plenty of MFG that support the class the way it is!
Attached Thumbnails 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...-new-poster.jpg  
Old 04-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by pug205
That and the recent rain has given me some time to work on some new bodies for the Muchmore Masters next month though.

The helmets are now finished:
The helmets look awesome! Can't wait to see the bodies

It wasn't a big hit but must have been at just the right angle, sheared the bottom off 4 off the pivot balls all at the same time
Old 04-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
This entire discussion about ROAR has come up about a dozen times over the past 4 years and the end result is always the same........NOTHING HAPPENS!
They know who we are but will make no advances in the rule book and they never will, It would only take a few hours to research and change the rules so to me it seems pretty obvious that they dont want to have anything to do with F1, doesnt take 4 years to make a decision! One reason why Uf1 came about and is succesfull.

I tried to start my own organization a few years ago.....it failed miserably but at least i tried! So i have been through all of this before. At the end of the day we do not need ROAR, the class is growing on its own right now and there are plenty of MFG that support the class the way it is!

Well said Marcus!! ROAR is a waste of time with regards to F1. They don't get it, and they never will; so people can petition all they want, the problem is no one at ROAR is listening!
Old 04-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert
The 2012 carpet nats was an odd situation. Originally when F1 was offered the rules were going to be only direct drive cars allowed up to 190mm. To me it made no sense to allow up to 190mm but not allow the FGX, the reason that 190mm was ever brought up. Then, the national commity decided to allow the FGX and they did well with several making the A main. The F1 class did well too with a full A-main and half full B-main.

The class was TQ'd by a TRG and won by a Tamiya with the FGX getting 2nd place by decision of the race director.

Yeah I was 3rd at that race using an Exotek car. I didn't realize they adopted different rules for that race. But it did run well. Also with the 190mm thing, ROAR used their box to measure 190mm but all the "widened" 190mm cars would not fit in the box so everyone narrowed their cars back down. But in the end ROAR never even measured them during the race. Besides that it seemed good, but then again different rule set for a one time race.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Well That does it for me!!

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Well said Marcus!! ROAR is a waste of time with regards to F1. They don't get it, and they never will; so people can petition all they want, the problem is no one at ROAR is listening!
I quess y'all have it figured out! Sorry I stated an "opposing" position.

As a long time ROAR member, I know they are not perfect and would like it to be more resopnsive and up to date too.

You win! No more comments from me...
Old 04-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Roar has rules for f1. The new rule book has not been published yet unfortunately but the new rules are there. The situation is that there are several updates for several classes. f1 is in the same boat as these other classes. Waiting for the rulebook......
Old 04-24-2013, 01:00 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Rulebook? I give them 2 years......
Old 04-24-2013, 04:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If people were looking for a big F1 race to attend in the U.S., look no further. Formula 1 has been added as a new class to the Reedy Race at the end of May in Union City. Details will be posted in the Reedy thread. I hope the UF1 car rules will be used, and I am pretty sure the race format will be a little different than normal just for F1.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I quess y'all have it figured out! Sorry I stated an "opposing" position.

As a long time ROAR member, I know they are not perfect and would like it to be more resopnsive and up to date too.

You win! No more comments from me...

Ned, please don't feel that way. We value your opinions. We don't have it all figured out, it's just that many of us(myself included) have contacted ROAR many times regarding the F1 rules and other ROAR rules, and we always get the same results....nothing!

If you have a way to reach ROAR that they will listen and respond to, I for one am listening!!

So please keep the comments coming!

Actually, I don't care as much about this ROAR stuff anymore, as I'm far more interested in Manny's VF1 cars and races, which have nothing to do with ROAR or UF1. Please keep us posted on your progress with your VF1 car.....THAT's what I want to see!!
Old 04-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer robert

Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

SP-1, heard the front arm is a bit soft. and no idea where to get spare parts.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

Yokomo's F1, interesting and weird front suspension, not sure how the car runs.

VBC flash04, super expensive piece...

Serpent's F1, TRF's F1 are all coming soon...
Old 04-25-2013, 11:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nicholasxuu
Interesting story, want to read some more details about it. (couldn't find anything though).

I have a completely upgraded FGX, love it, drives good and looks fantastic, but I just really don't want to break it. (mckune conversion is no longer in production, and small anything broken in the IFS, it'll get expensive having to buy the whole package).

That's why I'm thinking if I want to get a bit serious about F1 class, I'd get a pan car instead. (norcal hobbies' onroad track is definitely good with pan cars).

Here are the options I've though about, correct me if I'm wrong: (we have 190mm rule, and realistic F1 front suspension mounted within the body.)

F104 WGP, change the front suspension to normal F104 ones (for the width). Then get a body on.

F104 V2, need upgrade motor mount? and the plastic piece connecting the shock? Then get front/rear wings and a body on.

F113, the front suspension is probably illegal, change that the car is nothing special anymore, plus I need to store parts for it.

Top's F1, expensive car, stock front suspension illegal here, need to change front suspension. Then get wings and body on.

You have forgot WRC F-ONE...
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Here is a link to our local forum's thread on the 2012 carpet nationals.

There is information and discussion about all classes plus links to videos of the mains on page 6.

http://mikeshobbyshop.com/phpBB3/vie...php?f=3&t=9135
Old 04-25-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

We are stocking the SP1 and should have parts in the next week or so. I have built one up and I don't see the arms as being a major issue. A very nice kit for the money, and there are a few option parts that are on the way as well. Even with the option parts I don't see this car breaking the $300 limit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.