Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2900Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

ROAR also does not allow the FGX where in UF1 it is allowed.
Old 04-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Maybe we should write to ROAR to adopt UF1 rules.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Decathalon
Ooops ... Kyosho pivot balls, you have failed me for the last time!! Back at SMA next week with some new balls
That looks rather painful Leigh! Was all set to come and race last night until our stove took out all the power in the house for a couple of hours
That and the recent rain has given me some time to work on some new bodies for the Muchmore Masters next month though.

The helmets are now finished:
Old 04-23-2013, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by aarcobra
I see your point, except I would like rules updated to eliminate confusion. Most in the US refer to ROAR for rules. UF1 refers to ROAR for ESC and Motor rules, so if ROAR would update it would be useful.

A similar situation can be seen in the VTA rules. ROAR tries to copy the USVTA rules but doesn't want to require manufacturer specific parts, so they call for spec wheels and tires without mentioning HPI and require a 21.5 motor instead of a Novak 25.5.

I would like to see ROAR adopt the basic UF1 rules instead of keeping the out-of-date, pretty much useless ones.
Originally Posted by edhchoe
Maybe we should write to ROAR to adopt UF1 rules.

Your beating an old dead horse, ROAR isnt going to recognize F1 anytime soon UF1 is as good as it gets and to be honest who really cares what ROAR says anyway??? If they wrote rules tomorrow UF1 is not going to change anything! As far as organization goes UF1 is as good as it gets and there are no complaints about the rules. At the end of the day your local club rules are best anyway, there is very little cross US travel amongst the F1 crowd on a national level.
We (UF1houston.com) run UF1 base rules with the exception of allowing wide cars. Works for us and everyone has fun
Old 04-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Maybe we should write to ROAR to delete F1 rules so everyone will have to adopt UF1 rules.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Your beating an old dead horse, ROAR isnt going to recognize F1 anytime soon UF1 is as good as it gets and to be honest who really cares what ROAR says anyway??? If they wrote rules tomorrow UF1 is not going to change anything! As far as organization goes UF1 is as good as it gets and there are no complaints about the rules. At the end of the day your local club rules are best anyway, there is very little cross US travel amongst the F1 crowd on a national level.
We (UF1houston.com) run UF1 base rules with the exception of allowing wide cars. Works for us and everyone has fun
You are certainly welcome to your opinion! I'm saying that UF1 uses parts of ROAR rules and there are some things that might be better left to a larger body than "UF1". I doubt UF1 type organizations are able or interested in approving batteries, motors, and esc's.
I would rather see those intersted in a particular class petition ROAR to be able re-write the rules to what is current.

As a former Region Director (a looong time ago) I know this was the way used to improve things back-in-the-day. Might work again...
Old 04-23-2013, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Default UF1 vs. ROAR

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
ROAR also does not allow the FGX where in UF1 it is allowed.
UF1 recently changed the rules. During the winter series front IS was not allowed. ROAR doesn't even know there are F1 cars being raced. :-)
UF1 is a small, basically local group and are able to change rules very quickly. (Please don't rag me for saying "local". I know they have affiliated groups around the country but the Cali group writes the rules as they see fit and the others adapt or modify as they see fit. UF1 does not (to my knowledge anyway) hold anykind of nation wide approval vote.)

Again, the ROAR F1 rules are a joke at this time. They are obsolete and need to be updated and UF1 would seem a logical start. The real question is should ROAR cease to exist, would racing be better or worse?

Remember, F1, as much as we may love it, is a very, very small percentage of the overall RC racing landscape. Some action and assistance on the part of those who actually are involved may be a start in the right direction.

Last edited by aarcobra; 04-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Default Redo rather than delete

Maybe we should write to ROAR to delete F1 rules so everyone will have to adopt UF1 rules.
I like your first suggestion better! Does any one know their Regional Director? Has anyone mentioned any of this to anyone in ROAR?

I'm not in or near a group that races F1 of any sort. Trying to get some interest but very little actual turnout. When I have raced I traveled 600miles to run the UF1 Midwest race in Toledo and had a ball.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

We have a very small turn out in the northwest as well. 10 drivers was the biggest I have seen in the last five months. Scale spec which is similar to VTA is another realism oriented class that I am planning to run more regularly but it doesn't appeal to me like the f1 cars. But it is a larger group so I am hoping I will get more serious about it.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Just so you all know, F1 was ran during the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. UF1 rules were used.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Tech Master

Default 10 Drivers!

We have a very small turn out in the northwest as well. 10 drivers was the biggest I have seen in the last five months. Scale spec which is similar to VTA is another realism oriented class that I am planning to run more regularly but it doesn't appeal to me like the f1 cars. But it is a larger group so I am hoping I will get more serious about it.
I would kill, no die, no LOVE to have 10 drivers!!! Here in Greenville, SC we have a great TC track which is part of the Carolina RC Complex with oval and off-road. There have been "0" = ZERO road course races in the last 2 years!

Off road has great turnouts, oval minimal and we had 5 guys at the track a couple of weeks ago but only 2 or 3 were ready to race and there were 2 17.5's and 3 VTA's at that!! Only one or two since then!!

There is carpet racing about 2.5 hours west on the far side of ATL and a pretty good TC turnout, with the hope of some F1 about 1.5 hours east near Charlotte but I wanted to try once more to get something going here at home. Off-road is ok and oval too, but I really want to run on-road and F1 if possible.

Best of luck finding a group to race with and have some fun.

P.S. Another guy and I ran our F1's a few months ago and attracted some interest, on guy went out and bought an FGX! But he never showed again...
Old 04-23-2013, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thunderbunny
Just so you all know, F1 was ran during the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. UF1 rules were used.
I think ROAR has always let the hosting group define one "extra" class to run at the Nats. I remember reading that it was going to be included and wishing I could justify the trip over!

Maybe next time!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We have a very small turn out in the northwest as well. 10 drivers was the biggest I have seen in the last five months.
Waiting to talk to Brian but have some exciting news that might bolster the F1 grids for the NW Asphalt Series. Get your F1 ready and plan to travel up here... Trust me.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:24 PM
Tech Master

My dream is someday to have a team league. Based on this summer's 5-race-asphalt series result maybe we could use seeding to pair up two drivers and form teams for the fall/winter season.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

heres my car after testing and before testing.

here is the Kyosho kf01 all finished just working on the shell.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.