Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever... >

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2910Likes

1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just to be clear.....I am not a machinist, nor do I have the equipment or skills to make modifications to make these hub parts fit. I'm looking for a "bolt on" solution that anyone could purchase and install the VTA wheels; and that's what I think most would prefer.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Marty Peterson
Oh I'm not doing the work! I sold everything years ago. sure my health lets me still do some things but this is all stuff I have had sitting around for years now. I started this and never finished it.

Heck Mantis I was going to ask if you could or if you knew anyone that could do this.

I have a old friend giving me a price on a few test pieces and a idea of the cost on 25, 50, 100 piece lot, and yes your right Delrin would be the best.

Any help from anyone is fine also!!
I can produce them but it would have to be in quantity and someone would need to provide a print exactly how it is going to be machined in DXF.I dont have the time for R+D anymore

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
You could always have one printed first to see if it will work before you get a bunch of them machined.
I also have a 3d printer and it cost way more to print than it would be to machine unless you plan on going into production and you have to have a complete STL file done too.

Yes I could Promod, but the last time I checked it wasn't that cheap.
if you know someone that can do it for us LMK.
till then I will see what my buddy has for me.

Thanks for the help Promod!
My print rates are 50.00 per hour of cycle time plus setup and matl. here are some 16mm pistons i am playing with:

Right now most of the work i do is industrial since for obvious reasons they pay more! in the near future my plan is to get another machine and do more RC stuff, maybe by the summer. Right now my backlog is almost 6 weeks!!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Just to be clear.....I am not a machinist, nor do I have the equipment or skills to make modifications to make these hub parts fit. I'm looking for a "bolt on" solution that anyone could purchase and install the VTA wheels; and that's what I think most would prefer.

That's What were working on.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I can produce them but it would have to be in quantity and someone would need to provide a print exactly how it is going to be machined in DXF.I dont have the time for R+D anymore

I also have a 3d printer and it cost way more to print than it would be to machine unless you plan on going into production and you have to have a complete STL file done too.

My print rates are 50.00 per hour of cycle time plus setup and matl. here are some 16mm pistons i am playing with:

Right now most of the work i do is industrial since for obvious reasons they pay more! in the near future my plan is to get another machine and do more RC stuff, maybe by the summer. Right now my backlog is almost 6 weeks!!
I can do the DFX file and maybe the STL if I had to.
But right now to do a run that would cost me $000.00 or more I am not looking into going into this that deep.

I'm just going to do as many as we need right now for our group here.
Also thinking one of the guy's out there with there F1 parts selling business that one might want to take it over and sell them out of there business.

Nothing more on my end.

I will have have them made, for my self and I offered to get people here a chance to get in on it so it would also get the cost lowered I'm just going to sell them at cost.

Thanks for the offer and info, The Pistons look cool! I can see you do some good work there buddy.

Marty
Old 05-02-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

touring car tire adapters...

Has anyone tried F103GT parts, hop ups, or aftermarket stuff...
Old 05-02-2013, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I made it on shapeways. Its $4.88 each. I made the females bigger and the males smaller so it should fit, but may be sloppy. Good enough for a mock up to see if its going to work.

Hopefully this link will work for you

http://www.shapeways.com/model/10742...bfc36b266ed391

Edit - also, I dont think this cheap part would be strong enough to run, only for mockup/fitting purposes!
Old 05-02-2013, 09:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rtypec

I was going to say that if you guys are looking to adapt sedan tires (vta tires specifically), to your vintage f1's just find an f103gt that has parts to make it work. In fact, pm me, I would be willing to sell you one that I have. I'm not using it and would rather see it used then to sit on my shelf.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Regular

Default Vintage suspension arms

Here's a Vintage style front suspension arm I was worked on sometime last year. I had it 3d printed on Shapeways. It goes together exactly like the f103 arms (there are two pieces that need to be cut apart). The top arm has more of an angle to replicate a typical 60's style suspension. I put a tube connecting the upper and lower arms at the kinpin holes so I could re-drill it at 3mm and keep the holes aligned (holes used stock caster settings and the tube is cut away after you drill the hole). Anyways it was sort of a failure because I made it too flimsy.

Last edited by Manny; 05-02-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rtypec

Yes rtypec & RCBuddha I have and Ned has as well, I did it back when the car came out.

I didn't like it much but it did work.

looking for something easy where it works without looking for older parts or changing stuff on the cars.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Tech Master

I made it on shapeways. Its $4.88 each. I made the females bigger and the males smaller so it should fit, but may be sloppy. Good enough for a mock up to see if its going to work.

Hopefully this link will work for you

http://www.shapeways.com/model/10742...bfc36b266ed391

Edit - also, I dont think this cheap part would be strong enough to run, only for mockup/fitting purposes!
I like it Promod!
Old 05-02-2013, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Manny; I like the design looks good I didn't know about shapeways stuff I am going to check this out.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's What were working on.

Understood Marty, I just wanted to make sure.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Manny
Here's a Vintage style front suspension arm I was worked on sometime last year. I had it 3d printed on Shapeways. It goes together exactly like the f103 arms (there are two pieces that need to be cut apart). The top arm has more of an angle to replicate a typical 60's style suspension. I put a tube connecting the upper and lower arms at the kinpin holes so I could re-drill it at 3mm and keep the holes aligned (holes used stock caster settings and the tube is cut away after you drill the hole). Anyways it was sort of a failure because I made it too flimsy.

I LOVE that vintage style front suspension Manny!!!! I hope that someone can make a bunch of those for us....I'd buy a few sets!!
Old 05-02-2013, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

I wouldn't say its the design that's flimsy, that shapeways stuff imo is very weak. Maybe printed with the other nylon type material would be a better product!
Old 05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

I wouldn't say its the design that's flimsy, that shapeways stuff imo is very weak. Maybe printed with the other nylon type material would be a better product!
Cool I will take 4 of them to start LOL! sent you a message over in SW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.