Wiki Posts
Search

TAMIYA F103 RM

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theDover
Has anyone heard when the actual release date is for the 15th ann. kit in the U.S.?
I've heard the middle of November but nothing solid. I think I heard that on here or one of the other forums.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DucatiGary
take a look at them, its the TRG body.

he says both are different models but if you look they are both the same just with different paint jobs.

to be fair to him his paint skills are really good, he says he has used ltd or never released tamiya decals, im betting he's got a vinyl cutter!
No, that is a Tamiya body, but it is the F201 Williams body set. The decals are not done on a cutter, because I have the same sheet that he used, it is a decal island sheet and has the sauber and the jag on one sheet. I have had the leaping cat and the jag script cut before I got my own cutter, and most of the logos are too small to cut, as I have pushed the limits on how small you can cut and get good quality
Old 10-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Here are some samples of stuff I have done, hopefully my image posting skills have improved

I will post more in a bit

Last edited by BP SHADOW; 10-20-2008 at 08:52 PM. Reason: to get images to show up
Old 10-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

a couple more

Last edited by BP SHADOW; 10-20-2008 at 09:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
I agree, it looks horrid with the tabs and wires sticking out the back. This is a class where Brushless actually becomes a lliability. It can be done, but I can see a number of possible problems cropping up. It's best left for Brushed, NiMH.
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs. I'm really new to electric stuffs. So does that mean I can use a GTB with fan(because then I won't need to buy another ESC) in the F103, with a brushed motor? And also I cannot use a lipo with brushed motor here? Somehow I see that the GTB with fan seems rather tall to fit in the F103.

Cheers.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TitaniumR
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs. I'm really new to electric stuffs. So does that mean I can use a GTB with fan(because then I won't need to buy another ESC) in the F103, with a brushed motor? And also I cannot use a lipo with brushed motor here? Somehow I see that the GTB with fan seems rather tall to fit in the F103.

Cheers.
Hi TitaniumR

The GTB, if I'm not mistaken, is just slightly bigger compared to the LRP TC spec. I have attached 2 pictures for you to see how i mounted my TC spec on the F103 and there is still room to spare. Do take note that i mounted my receiver vertically.

In the Philippines, when we run our F1 club races, most of us use the orion 3600 and 3800 lipo packs.

hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails TAMIYA F103 RM-f103rm-b-.jpg   TAMIYA F103 RM-f103rm-g-.jpg  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vyger
I've heard the middle of November but nothing solid. I think I heard that on here or one of the other forums.
The official release date for Japan is November 28th so they should arrive here mid December for Christmas.

Mark
Old 10-21-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by alecladanga
Hi TitaniumR

The GTB, if I'm not mistaken, is just slightly bigger compared to the LRP TC spec. I have attached 2 pictures for you to see how i mounted my TC spec on the F103 and there is still room to spare. Do take note that i mounted my receiver vertically.

In the Philippines, when we run our F1 club races, most of us use the orion 3600 and 3800 lipo packs.

hope this helps
Thanks so much aleclandanga. The 103R has a front upper carbon deck. Does your esc/GTB still fit in? Saw you use a brushed stock motor.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alecladanga
I see you use the "other" not used battery holders from the "D" tree for the lipo.

I only have the others and I am trying to fit my lipo... need to find someone who has the D tree lying around. grrrrr.

James
Old 10-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

TitaniumR, I dont see why you cant use the GTB if you have a small receiver. Nice thing is that you can always remove the fan if needed.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hobbipro
TitaniumR, I dont see why you cant use the GTB if you have a small receiver. Nice thing is that you can always remove the fan if needed.

Any overheat issues without the heat sink? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone see this? "RC HP Racing F103RM (w/Body) - F103"
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84032
Old 10-21-2008, 10:45 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to point out Vyger's new F1 thread. He detailed some body painting and decaling tip which I thought were helpful: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-whatever.html
Old 10-21-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bikerbob
I see you use the "other" not used battery holders from the "D" tree for the lipo.

I only have the others and I am trying to fit my lipo... need to find someone who has the D tree lying around. grrrrr.

James
Both the ball & o-ring suspension battery holders have a negative impact on handling. For best results I would suggest using the o-ring suspension set and tape the battery in instead of using the holders. If you look at the pics of the soon to be released hop-up chassis you will see that the battery must be taped in as suggested.

mark
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mtveten
Both the ball & o-ring suspension battery holders have a negative impact on handling. For best results I would suggest using the o-ring suspension set and tape the battery in instead of using the holders. If you look at the pics of the soon to be released hop-up chassis you will see that the battery must be taped in as suggested.

mark
Guess I could tape it, but man thats a pain in the butt to tape up remove tape up.. as I have to charge the lipo in a lipo sack - I cant leave it in the car.

Is there instructions on how to build it with the o-ring suspension rather than the ball? The RM manual only shows how to build the ball suspension.

James

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.