R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-20-2008, 09:25 PM   #586
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDover View Post
Has anyone heard when the actual release date is for the 15th ann. kit in the U.S.?
I've heard the middle of November but nothing solid. I think I heard that on here or one of the other forums.
Vyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:26 PM   #587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiGary View Post
take a look at them, its the TRG body.

he says both are different models but if you look they are both the same just with different paint jobs.

to be fair to him his paint skills are really good, he says he has used ltd or never released tamiya decals, im betting he's got a vinyl cutter!
No, that is a Tamiya body, but it is the F201 Williams body set. The decals are not done on a cutter, because I have the same sheet that he used, it is a decal island sheet and has the sauber and the jag on one sheet. I have had the leaping cat and the jag script cut before I got my own cutter, and most of the logos are too small to cut, as I have pushed the limits on how small you can cut and get good quality
BP SHADOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:42 PM   #588
Tech Elite

Here are some samples of stuff I have done, hopefully my image posting skills have improved

I will post more in a bit

Last edited by BP SHADOW; 10-20-2008 at 09:52 PM. Reason: to get images to show up
Old 10-20-2008, 09:50 PM   #589
Tech Elite

a couple more

Last edited by BP SHADOW; 10-20-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #590
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxxrocket View Post
I agree, it looks horrid with the tabs and wires sticking out the back. This is a class where Brushless actually becomes a lliability. It can be done, but I can see a number of possible problems cropping up. It's best left for Brushed, NiMH.
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs. I'm really new to electric stuffs. So does that mean I can use a GTB with fan(because then I won't need to buy another ESC) in the F103, with a brushed motor? And also I cannot use a lipo with brushed motor here? Somehow I see that the GTB with fan seems rather tall to fit in the F103.

Cheers.
TitaniumR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:24 AM   #591
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitaniumR View Post
Hi All,
Thanks for all your inputs. I'm really new to electric stuffs. So does that mean I can use a GTB with fan(because then I won't need to buy another ESC) in the F103, with a brushed motor? And also I cannot use a lipo with brushed motor here? Somehow I see that the GTB with fan seems rather tall to fit in the F103.

Cheers.
Hi TitaniumR

The GTB, if I'm not mistaken, is just slightly bigger compared to the LRP TC spec. I have attached 2 pictures for you to see how i mounted my TC spec on the F103 and there is still room to spare. Do take note that i mounted my receiver vertically.

In the Philippines, when we run our F1 club races, most of us use the orion 3600 and 3800 lipo packs.

hope this helps
Attached Thumbnails
TAMIYA F103 RM-f103rm-b-.jpg   TAMIYA F103 RM-f103rm-g-.jpg  
alecladanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:16 AM   #592
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyger View Post
I've heard the middle of November but nothing solid. I think I heard that on here or one of the other forums.
The official release date for Japan is November 28th so they should arrive here mid December for Christmas.

Mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:26 AM   #593
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
Hi TitaniumR

The GTB, if I'm not mistaken, is just slightly bigger compared to the LRP TC spec. I have attached 2 pictures for you to see how i mounted my TC spec on the F103 and there is still room to spare. Do take note that i mounted my receiver vertically.

In the Philippines, when we run our F1 club races, most of us use the orion 3600 and 3800 lipo packs.

hope this helps
Thanks so much aleclandanga. The 103R has a front upper carbon deck. Does your esc/GTB still fit in? Saw you use a brushed stock motor.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #594
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by alecladanga View Post
I see you use the "other" not used battery holders from the "D" tree for the lipo.

I only have the others and I am trying to fit my lipo... need to find someone who has the D tree lying around. grrrrr.

James
Bikerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:04 AM   #595
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

TitaniumR, I dont see why you cant use the GTB if you have a small receiver. Nice thing is that you can always remove the fan if needed.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 11:28 AM   #596
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbipro View Post
TitaniumR, I dont see why you cant use the GTB if you have a small receiver. Nice thing is that you can always remove the fan if needed.

Any overheat issues without the heat sink? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 AM   #597
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone see this? "RC HP Racing F103RM (w/Body) - F103"
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=84032
Old 10-21-2008, 11:45 AM   #598
AWK
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just wanted to point out Vyger's new F1 thread. He detailed some body painting and decaling tip which I thought were helpful: http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-whatever.html
AWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #599
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerbob View Post
I see you use the "other" not used battery holders from the "D" tree for the lipo.

I only have the others and I am trying to fit my lipo... need to find someone who has the D tree lying around. grrrrr.

James
Both the ball & o-ring suspension battery holders have a negative impact on handling. For best results I would suggest using the o-ring suspension set and tape the battery in instead of using the holders. If you look at the pics of the soon to be released hop-up chassis you will see that the battery must be taped in as suggested.

mark
mtveten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #600
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Bikerbob Send a message via MSN to Bikerbob Send a message via Yahoo to Bikerbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
Both the ball & o-ring suspension battery holders have a negative impact on handling. For best results I would suggest using the o-ring suspension set and tape the battery in instead of using the holders. If you look at the pics of the soon to be released hop-up chassis you will see that the battery must be taped in as suggested.

mark
Guess I could tape it, but man thats a pain in the butt to tape up remove tape up.. as I have to charge the lipo in a lipo sack - I cant leave it in the car.

Is there instructions on how to build it with the o-ring suspension rather than the ball? The RM manual only shows how to build the ball suspension.

James
Bikerbob is offline   Reply With Quote