Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CFR
Reverse

how do you set this up so there's a delay between brake and reverse using 212 ?
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire_rs.html
Old 02-24-2011, 10:46 AM
CFR
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
looks like I need to use this then

BL-DL: Brushless motor, forward with reverse delay. Both forward and reverse are enabled, with a delay going from forward to reverse. This is the safest for your transmission if you wish to have reverse.
is the delay programmable?
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer
Hey Robert, what's going on?

A few things I noticed. Your rollout is close to what I run in 10.5. You should be able to pull another tooth or two and find a couple tenths.

I have never run a Novak motor but from what I understand, they have a lot of physical timing in them. I hear people actually run negative timing in them in boost classes like the LRP I run (-10 timing) so back the physical timing down.

Drop the boost a bit. Try about 40.

If all else fails, call me from the track and tell me what it's doing. I'll get you straight, haha.
Originally Posted by wingracer
Just looked at your set-up again. 30 deg of physical timing on a Novak motor! There's the problem. 0 or even neg for boosted classes. That will have you flying.
The LRP motor with -10 insert is still at around 30-32 degrees of timing. You can get a rough idea by looking the sensor alignment in regard to the stator. If the sensor is lined up with the edge of the stator then its right around the 30 degree mark.

N..... claims their motors are all set to 30 but they are not. They set their motors by amp draw and then put a sticker on it and call it 30 degrees due to the fact that that particular motor "should" pull x amps at x volts at 30 degrees. So if a motor has less wire on it or wound better or better rotor it will cause it to be a different amp draw. Very poor way of setting it. First thing I do with those motors is pull them apart, align the sensor then peel the sticker and realign it to where 30 degrees of physical timing is. Then it lets me compare one to the next better.

EA
Old 02-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Tech Lord

no
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
N..... claims their motors are all set to 30 but they are not. They set their motors by amp draw and then put a sticker on it and call it 30 degrees due to the fact that that particular motor "should" pull x amps at x volts at 30 degrees. So if a motor has less wire on it or wound better or better rotor it will cause it to be a different amp draw. Very poor way of setting it. First thing I do with those motors is pull them apart, align the sensor then peel the sticker and realign it to where 30 degrees of physical timing is. Then it lets me compare one to the next better.
EA
Thanks that's good information to know.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rpoage

I'll have to email you when we are going down to Horsham next time. There is life north of the belt way? Trying to get Chuck out also.
I have been wanting to go up there but I'm out of work again

That's why you haven't heard from me to order more stuff

Let me know though, might be able to swing it.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by rpoage
Thanks that's good information to know.
I have someone that has made me a jig that you can put on the endbell of a Novak motor and set it to a true 30 degrees of physical timing so that you can have a good starting point with all of your motors. Trying to come up with a way to do it on all motors with one jig but not sure if we will be able to or not do to different mounting patterns.

EA
Old 02-24-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

EA is like a rocket scientist.. a car rocket scientist. Or a rocket car scientist.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
The LRP motor with -10 insert is still at around 30-32 degrees of timing. You can get a rough idea by looking the sensor alignment in regard to the stator. If the sensor is lined up with the edge of the stator then its right around the 30 degree mark.

EA
I can't move the sticker in VTA
Old 02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
Team EAM

Originally Posted by JayL
I can't move the sticker in VTA
Ah...Forgot about that rule. Its dumb though as none of the N motors are set near the same on the motors by physical timing. Just amp draw. Guess you can start looking at endbells to see where they are preset in relation to the solder tabs. Ones that have more timing in them already should be better as you'll end up with more physical timing.

EA
Old 02-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
yep, a couple of guys from my local track were using novaks and went to them at the birds and all the do is put a sticker on the rotor so it doesnt short out
I think I've suffered this problem after adjusting my motor timing. Where on the rotor is the sticker being placed?
Old 02-24-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by speed-e
I think I've suffered this problem after adjusting my motor timing. Where on the rotor is the sticker being placed?
dont know but i will see them in 2 weeks so i can ask
Old 02-25-2011, 03:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dondor
EA is like a rocket scientist.. a car rocket scientist. Or a rocket car scientist.
And rocket on the track!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys, I just recieved a used Tekin RS in the mail and it smells smokey.

Is it toasted or did this guy use the box to hold some weed?
Old 02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by looklikeaflip
Hey guys, I just recieved a used Tekin RS in the mail and it smells smokey.

Is it toasted or did this guy use the box to hold some weed?
Only way to find out is to try it. He might of just blown the cap, or it could be toast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.