Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
The Speedpassion runs best with 10 timing.
Gear lighter and set a higher start RPM.

The Tekin has standard timing of 12.
I love the Tekin motors. I don't no why but they drive very smooth.
I have a good feeling with the motor so I will also get a 13,5T.
The 10,5T is fantastic. I don't now how it is compared to the Nemesis and the DUO 2 but I think that it isn't a big difference.
all i use is a redline 17.5-13.5
Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK guys, I have had such bad luck with this Tekin, and instead of buying another Novak, I got a 13.5 Redline that should be here Wednesday. What gearing and settings should I start with for a B44 on an indoor track, short straight very technical lots of jumps, high traction clay track??? Please, please help me here.

The question of not getting a 10.5 is I hope I can make this 13.5 hang with the norm 10.5 being used in mod 4wd at the track and to put the 13.5 in a 13.5TC car for outdoor on-road this summer.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
OK guys, I have had such bad luck with this Tekin, and instead of buying another Novak, I got a 13.5 Redline that should be here Wednesday. What gearing and settings should I start with for a B44 on an indoor track, short straight very technical lots of jumps, high traction clay track??? Please, please help me here.

The question of not getting a 10.5 is I hope I can make this 13.5 hang with the norm 10.5 being used in mod 4wd at the track and to put the 13.5 in a 13.5TC car for outdoor on-road this summer.
not to move you out of the onroad but if you look in the elec offroad section there is a vegas 2.0 and krio has got alot of setups for offroad
Old 02-15-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
It's worth a try, as it'll only take a minute or two to solder on a different/additional one

Tim, If you're stuck for one, give me a shout and I'll get one to you as I've got spare Tekin caps at home.
Originally Posted by tc3team
I think you may be onto something here.

I have heard of RS Pro mod setups commonly use 2 caps, and with 13.5 laptimes being not too far behind mod laptimes in todays age with powerful lipos, it is a distinct possability that 13.5 now shares the same need as a mod motor in some situations where you are geared for speed...

I can see no harm in trying this if you have a spare one to hand Tim!

It would also make sense that not everyone has the problem too, as they may have an additional cap installed to cure the problem.
2 caps were used to combat esc temps, not braking issues.

there could be so many variables in having bad brakes with this speedy. If all else fails, find someone who does have good brakes and copy their exact setup.

Maybe people could list their exact setups to randy, than the team could figure out certain combinations dont work well with the RS.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Regular

Default CLOGGING SOLVED

YEP my trouble shooting is over...now this was my problem..i dont know if it was in the esc or not but...i was running a digital servo an a spectrum reciever..i changed out the servo an my clogging went away!!!! for all who clogg.....look at the servo or the reciever...yes they both worked well an were brand new....but together somethin we wrong....Tekin Rocks!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:10 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Location: Lost in the Dead Space between my Ears Somewhere around Wamego, KS (OZ Land)

Originally Posted by bigbank66
YEP my trouble shooting is over...now this was my problem..i dont know if it was in the esc or not but...i was running a digital servo an a spectrum reciever..i changed out the servo an my clogging went away!!!! for all who clogg.....look at the servo or the reciever...yes they both worked well an were brand new....but together somethin we wrong....Tekin Rocks!!!
What sero was it, I have a new Orion servo in my car. JR quit making the D8800S that I always used before.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
not to move you out of the onroad but if you look in the elec offroad section there is a vegas 2.0 and krio has got alot of setups for offroad
OH heck, I am such a tard, man I am lucky to have lived this long. I have never noticed this thread was in the on-road section. I thought it was both 1/10 on-road and offroad.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Was it a JR servo? We've had 3 different cars (all sedans running 17.5 or 21.5) locally with major cogging issues...tried at least 5 receivers, 4 different RS's, several motors, and too many sensor wires to count...the only thing that worked for all three was replacing the JR servo with something different (Futaba and/or Airtronics). The only I didn't try (from reading the last few pages here) was a receiver cap - I'll try one this week though, since I can't believe there is some inherent problem with JR servos.

Denney
Old 02-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by Denney
Was it a JR servo? We've had 3 different cars (all sedans running 17.5 or 21.5) locally with major cogging issues...tried at least 5 receivers, 4 different RS's, several motors, and too many sensor wires to count...the only thing that worked for all three was replacing the JR servo with something different (Futaba and/or Airtronics). The only I didn't try (from reading the last few pages here) was a receiver cap - I'll try one this week though, since I can't believe there is some inherent problem with JR servos.

Denney
I've been using a JR9000s and a JR9100s in two different TCs with no cogging issues (both RS Pros).
Old 02-15-2010, 07:31 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 02-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Denney

Denney
When I had issues I was using an Airtronics servo. Put in a Futaba bls451 servo and my issues went away
Old 02-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I've been using a JR9000s and a JR9100s in two different TCs with no cogging issues (both RS Pros).
What exactly is cogging? I was wondering if my car is doing it. when I slowly give it throttle at about 25% I get a noise that sounds like it is coming from the motor or the diff. almost like a vibration, just an odd noise but it is always at the same spot doesnt do it right at first just a lil bit in and it quits after that.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by JPMSRacing
OH heck, I am such a tard, man I am lucky to have lived this long. I have never noticed this thread was in the on-road section. I thought it was both 1/10 on-road and offroad.
i was only pointing you to where krio is most of the time and has a tone of offroad setups so you could get on there to get you started,no need to sound like a smart ass
Old 02-15-2010, 07:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by whynot
What exactly is cogging? I was wondering if my car is doing it. when I slowly give it throttle at about 25% I get a noise that sounds like it is coming from the motor or the diff. almost like a vibration, just an odd noise but it is always at the same spot doesnt do it right at first just a lil bit in and it quits after that.
That was the problem I had
Old 02-15-2010, 07:52 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
i was only pointing you to where krio is most of the time and has a tone of offroad setups so you could get on there to get you started,no need to sound like a smart ass
I wasnt being smart, you just pointed out what a dumb rear I was, and I didnt even realize it till you said something and I scrolled up to the top of the screen and seen the on-road, I felt about 2inches tall, and I about fell out of my chair. I am always lost somewhere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.