Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
This is a Tekin related question, but involves the EPIC Duo motors.

I run the RS Pro here in the UK, using Duo2 13.5t motors. Awesome combo, stupid quick, loads of punch...love it ! I noticed the Duo3 is out and wondered how many Tekin drivers have switched to the Duo3 from the Duo2 and how they found the new motor compaired to the older one ?

Ive only just put my spare Duo2 in (even though the year old one is still god bar the can bearing being jammed onto the rotor now) so like the product, and it teams up with the Tekin well.

Cheers anyone who can help !

John
Check out this link:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...3-duo-3-a.html
Old 01-27-2011, 07:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cheers M-Technic
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Reading through it looks like a big thumbs up.....where is my ebay and wallet
Old 01-27-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
I'm running 212 I haven't really play with throttle control so I'm on stock setup right now on my minimum throttle.
STock set up??? are you running one of the pre set profiles?
Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Smile

wow i've just put the hot wire, on my rs for the 1st time updated and run the car in my hand. all i can say is holly f*** i can't believe the power coming out of it. i can't wait to get it on the track tomoz, oh by the way can you tell it's my 1st good modern speedo.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by muststopcrashin
wow i've just put the hot wire, on my rs for the 1st time updated and run the car in my hand. all i can say is holly f*** i can't believe the power coming out of it. i can't wait to get it on the track tomoz, oh by the way can you tell it's my 1st good modern speedo.
Careful with that.
Free-reving Boosted BL motors is not good for their longevity...
Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks, did't know that
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
212 does have a few additional settings but guys are saying that the car has less punch or it doesn't feel like the previous. If all the setting are carried over EXACTLY then you should feel the same and laptimes should be the same. The new additions are to further fine tune the throtle and brakes. Don't give up just yet. We're here to help. What settings are you currently running? What are you looking to get out of your car? What's it lacking? What are you happy with? Once we have a starting point we have nowhere to go but up
I am using Atsushi Hara's setup with minor changes. I think I found the problem. My Throttle Minimum was set at MAX. I'm assuming that's the problem because the default is normally set at 10. I went from 203 to 212 and this setting and Brake Minimum is new to me. This motor is pretty fast and has alot of torque. Similar to the BOSS,which I have dialed.
Old 01-28-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gonzo416
I am using Atsushi Hara's setup with minor changes. I think I found the problem. My Throttle Minimum was set at MAX. I'm assuming that's the problem because the default is normally set at 10. I went from 203 to 212 and this setting and Brake Minimum is new to me. This motor is pretty fast and has alot of torque. Similar to the BOSS,which I have dialed.
So what changes to hara's set up did you make?
Old 01-28-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? 1s pan car

double checking do you need to unplug the red wire on the esc going to the rec. when running a rec. battery??thanks
Old 01-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave De Voe
double checking do you need to unplug the red wire on the esc going to the rec. when running a rec. battery??thanks
no
Old 01-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
Graupner motors dont work with Tekins , same as Corally motors , there was something here in Holland with them at the start of the season in 2010 , we all took them out and used other motors
I am running a 1.5 year old GM 10.5t without problems. Works great in zero timing profile and with dynamic timing.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by goos
I am running a 1.5 year old GM 10.5t without problems. Works great in zero timing profile and with dynamic timing.
thye gm works. the new grauphners not. or change the sensor on the motor.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Adept

Well my tekin RS Pro has developed an issue.

Working fast a week ago at my last club meeting. Come to fire it up at home and I get flashing LEDs 1,2,6&7.

This appears to indicate wrong motor type. I havent changed anything since the last club meeting, picked up the car of the track, removed the battery and took it home with me.

I have tried reflashing from the hotwire and returning to defaults but that hasnt working. Reading around the forums this appears to require a service from tekin.

Couple of questions about that:

I am in the UK so does it have to get sent to america?
Will they repair it free of charge, I only bought it in July?

Randy if you see this can you PM me what to do next?

I can't believe this has happened to me, I do not have a spare so can't race till it is fixed.

Please help.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chris_blakey
Well my tekin RS Pro has developed an issue.

Working fast a week ago at my last club meeting. Come to fire it up at home and I get flashing LEDs 1,2,6&7.

This appears to indicate wrong motor type. I havent changed anything since the last club meeting, picked up the car of the track, removed the battery and took it home with me.

I have tried reflashing from the hotwire and returning to defaults but that hasnt working. Reading around the forums this appears to require a service from tekin.

Couple of questions about that:

I am in the UK so does it have to get sent to america?
Will they repair it free of charge, I only bought it in July?

Randy if you see this can you PM me what to do next?

I can't believe this has happened to me, I do not have a spare so can't race till it is fixed.

Please help.
Make sure you save on Hotwire. Even if you dont have Hotwire, adjust by entering into Mode 6 on LED's. 1-3 for brushless, & 4-6 for brushed motors. Also recalibrate you radio to the RS. You should be fine on the RS.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.