Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
Greets all,

Ran my RSpro this weekend at a local club, and in the Amain I was hit hard into the first turn. After that I noticed the car was really sluggish and had no ramping at all. I check the mechanics of the car but everything was rotating freely. I sort of remember it being talk about that settings could be scrambled if the esc experienced a hard shock or impact. Due to time constraints, I was unable to reapply the settings and test on the track. Any thoughts about settings being scrambled? I will also check try replacing the sensor wire if reapplying the settings doesn't work.
cheers
Wow, someone must be smoking something sweet. Scrambled? Really?!

Most likely it's a bad sensor wire, or if you less lucky, the sensor board in your motor went bad (was it a Duo3 by any chance? They're known to have crappy rear plate designs that damage the sensor board on impact).
Old 04-04-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Greets all,

Ran my RSpro this weekend at a local club, and in the Amain I was hit hard into the first turn. After that I noticed the car was really sluggish and had no ramping at all. I check the mechanics of the car but everything was rotating freely. I sort of remember it being talk about that settings could be scrambled if the esc experienced a hard shock or impact. Due to time constraints, I was unable to reapply the settings and test on the track. Any thoughts about settings being scrambled? I will also check try replacing the sensor wire if reapplying the settings doesn't work.
cheers
Check your sensor cable connection first, that is exactly what would happen in that scenario. It also helps to have your "Timing Advance" set to full so when/if the sensor cable becomes disconnected it won't be quite as slow
Old 04-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Greets all,

cheers
i watched a xray t3 plow through a 2x6 external track barrier. the board was broken in half and the chassis was a taco. and the speedo never lost a 1 or 0. lol
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by theisgroup
i watched a xray t3 plow through a 2x6 external track barrier. the board was broken in half and the chassis was a taco. and the speedo never lost a 1 or 0. lol
Nice

Yeah, it has to be a sensor wire or sensor board. It's slow because it is running in sensorless mode.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Let's look at it this way....

A plane's "black box" is a digital recorder of flight data and cockpit voice recordings. If data was simply "scrambled" during a big impact, then any data garnered from a plane crash would be useless.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:56 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yang is right, settings in the RS won't go "scrambled" if you wreck.

Clearly you lost your sensors in some way, motor, harness, esc.

Use the RS's sensor checker to figure out what is the cause.
Old 04-04-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default 4.5 mod setup

Hi all
Looking for a setup to run 4.5 turn mod in TC onroad, any one have one they have been using.

Regards
Gary
Old 04-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSM Storm
Hi all
Looking for a setup to run 4.5 turn mod in TC onroad, any one have one they have been using.

Regards
Gary
http://www.teamtekin.com/hotwire/ESC...-RS-TC-4-5.pdf
Old 04-04-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looking for some throttle help. I'm looking for more initial throttle, and instant punch I'm not sure how to make my adjustments on my Tekin RS, and radio. I run 17.5 no boost. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Greets all,

cheers
I had the same issue running a RS with a Redline 17.5. After a slight hit on the boards ( nothing even broke on a T2 008 ) the sensor board in the motor went bad. 3 weeks on a new combo and it broke. I love the speedo but not too sure about a motor that cant take a little bump.

Vaughn
Old 04-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny55
Looking for some throttle help. I'm looking for more initial throttle, and instant punch I'm not sure how to make my adjustments on my Tekin RS, and radio. I run 17.5 no boost. Thanks in advance.
You can try a little more motor timing, higher number on the minimum throttle, or try a more agressive throttle profile.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Just this weekend I ran my Tekin RS in 17.5 Non ramping. Once the tone rang I pulled the trigger & my car stood still till I got rammed & the car started running. I did run some warm up laps before, so I wonder why I had this issue. Any ideas? I had full timing on a D3 17.5 motor.
Thx-John
Old 04-05-2011, 04:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Is there any phone or tablet computer that supports HotWire?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:56 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Is there any phone or tablet computer that supports HotWire?
no
Old 04-05-2011, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJGonzo69
Just this weekend I ran my Tekin RS in 17.5 Non ramping. Once the tone rang I pulled the trigger & my car stood still till I got rammed & the car started running. I did run some warm up laps before, so I wonder why I had this issue. Any ideas? I had full timing on a D3 17.5 motor.
Thx-John
Sounds like a sensor problem. First check your sensor wire and then the sensor board on the motor.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.