Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by puttekula
Have just fried one sweet feeling RB50. And that with a Novak 380 10,5T motor in a 1:18 Shark. Without fan, but it was never in the near of feeling hot. The car slowed down and started to smoke. A pretty expensive parfume...

Ive sent it in to Team Wave for analyse. I hope they can give me an answer for what happened. I really like it. Good feeling and with a good speed. Im now running the original Mongoose esc again and its not on the same planet...

BTW, hello all.....
Uppdate.
Yesterday I received a new ESC. It costed me $60 incl express sh to Sweden. The exact cause is yet to be find. But Im very happy by the awesome service from the Wave guys overthere.....

Thx Max
Old 03-11-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Uppdate.
Yesterday I received a new ESC. It costed me $60 incl express sh to Sweden. The exact cause is yet to be find. But Im very happy by the awesome service from the Wave guys overthere.....

Thx Max
LOL I have seen inside various "failed" speedies especially the GTB's in the early days of brushless and you would wonder how they woud have any idea what to make of the burnt remains.... everything is just black and melted/twisted with a horrible smell.

Anyway glad you got it sorted. Just be sure to regulary check temps when making changes. I recommend a check after 2 mins then every min after that (get someone to help) to be safe.

If temps are a problem try turbo 1 rather than turbo 2. The difference is not massive when you get your gearing right. Also make sure your motor is running very little or zero mechanical timming for turbo 2. Timming on the motor seems to cause nothing but heat and other strange problems with twin turbo. The LRP motors a proof of this.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Uppdate.

Thx Max
Good to hear. I am waiting for mine. So hearing that TW take care of their customers is very pleasant to me
Old 03-19-2010, 11:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Well, to quiet here... Is there any sign of new firmware for RB line?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Default New RBS

Just taken delivery of the new RBS and boy what a difference to the RB50 this is a rocket ship, well done to the team Wave boys for such a top spec ESC, you can keep all the computer aided ESC's this programs from the unit it self, and we are expecting some good results with this once the out door season gets under way.
Team Wave you have hit the sweet spot with the RBS. well done.very pleased.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by audriusv
Well, to quiet here... Is there any sign of new firmware for RB line?
Every company that has a ESC that can be firmware updated is looking for ways to improve their products and TW are no different. When they find a way to make it faster a new firmware will be released so everyone gets to benefit.
Old 03-20-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfracing
Just taken delivery of the new RBS and boy what a difference to the RB50 this is a rocket ship, well done to the team Wave boys for such a top spec ESC, you can keep all the computer aided ESC's this programs from the unit it self, and we are expecting some good results with this once the out door season gets under way.
Team Wave you have hit the sweet spot with the RBS. well done.very pleased.
Cool, I've been eyeing the RB-50 for months (I run mod), but have heard mixed reviews so am kinda holding back for now
Old 03-20-2010, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Can one of you guys tell me what the profile / settings are for starting from 1 on the programing card
Thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
Can one of you guys tell me what the profile / settings are for starting from 1 on the programing card
Thanks
sorry, can you be more specific?
Old 03-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jorgesimes
sorry, can you be more specific?
yea sure
on the programing card you have a list of ajustments the ones that im concerned about is time shift drive profile and the turbo functions

1 what dose the time shift do and how dose it work

2 what dose the drive profile do and what affect dose it have

3 the turbo function dose it give more timing on close to full throttle or more of something else

Thank you
Old 03-21-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
303slowdown,

We will have update very soon, after that time shift will increase to 5 steps. Turbo will also be improved (faster!)

We strongly recommend running time shift "4" and turbo on for stock racing.
Dose this still apply to the current firmware ? or has it changed
Old 03-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO
yea sure
on the programing card you have a list of ajustments the ones that im concerned about is time shift drive profile and the turbo functions

1 what dose the time shift do and how dose it work

2 what dose the drive profile do and what affect dose it have

3 the turbo function dose it give more timing on close to full throttle or more of something else

Thank you
No problem....

1 Timeshift adjusts the timing on the motor so you produce either more RPM or more TORQUE. In simple terms more bottom end or top end. If you use turbo lean towards lower timeshift for better punch before you hit turbo.

2 Both drive and brake profile adjust the "feel" of the throttle or brake. There is no difference between this and adjusting expo on your radio if you have it. If you use a budget radio then this feature will help, otherwise just leave it on 5 for "linear" feel and adjust on your radio.

3 I don't think anyone will get the excat details about how the turbo system works on this or any other speedo, just little bits of info at best. From what I have been able to figure out from both on track performance and using a motor analyser the turbo system on the RB speedo's is all about producing more power rather than upping timing for rpm. The extra power will increase the motors RPM as a side effect so you can gear down for more punch with similar top speed. Having a turbo that works at all speeds and not just on the straights means you use it more and your motor gets hot. For this reason start off using a lower turbo setting if you have a twin turbo ESC and see how you go 1st. Generally we find that the more you use full throttle, the less turbo you run.

If you would like help getting the best out of the speedy let us know what ESC (and software if you upgraded it) and what motor and we can give you a starting point.

Cheers....
Old 03-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
No problem....

1 Timeshift adjusts the timing on the motor so you produce either more RPM or more TORQUE. In simple terms more bottom end or top end. If you use turbo lean towards lower timeshift for better punch before you hit turbo.

2 Both drive and brake profile adjust the "feel" of the throttle or brake. There is no difference between this and adjusting expo on your radio if you have it. If you use a budget radio then this feature will help, otherwise just leave it on 5 for "linear" feel and adjust on your radio.

3 I don't think anyone will get the excat details about how the turbo system works on this or any other speedo, just little bits of info at best. From what I have been able to figure out from both on track performance and using a motor analyser the turbo system on the RB speedo's is all about producing more power rather than upping timing for rpm. The extra power will increase the motors RPM as a side effect so you can gear down for more punch with similar top speed. Having a turbo that works at all speeds and not just on the straights means you use it more and your motor gets hot. For this reason start off using a lower turbo setting if you have a twin turbo ESC and see how you go 1st. Generally we find that the more you use full throttle, the less turbo you run.

If you would like help getting the best out of the speedy let us know what ESC (and software if you upgraded it) and what motor and we can give you a starting point.

Cheers....
Hi Thanks for clearing that up for me .
I would like help getting the best out of the speedo i am using a RB50 with the RBS 1.0b firmware and a novak balistic 10.5. gearing and motor timing would also be a great help please
Ill put a link in so you can see the place that we race at its a cool venue

http://www.maritimeracing.info/
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Default how to setup rb50 with rb-s firmware?

when we know there are different profile between RB-50 and RB-S,
if i upload to RB-S firmware, how can i setup rb50 like time-shift, turbo ?

thanks!
Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Anyone have suggestions for setting on the rb30 for 17.5 1s oval? Last year when I ran the 21.5 2s I had the same speed as all the other esc's. My track has switched to all 1s classes. Last weekend was my first time running 1s and the TW rb30 was much slower than the mambas and the tekins. I thought about trying the rbs firmware with time shift 7 and turbo 1x. Any help would be great. Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.