R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #1111
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttekula View Post
Have just fried one sweet feeling RB50. And that with a Novak 380 10,5T motor in a 1:18 Shark. Without fan, but it was never in the near of feeling hot. The car slowed down and started to smoke. A pretty expensive parfume...

Ive sent it in to Team Wave for analyse. I hope they can give me an answer for what happened. I really like it. Good feeling and with a good speed. Im now running the original Mongoose esc again and its not on the same planet...

BTW, hello all.....
Uppdate.
Yesterday I received a new ESC. It costed me $60 incl express sh to Sweden. The exact cause is yet to be find. But Im very happy by the awesome service from the Wave guys overthere.....

Thx Max
puttekula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 12:51 PM   #1112
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttekula View Post
Uppdate.
Yesterday I received a new ESC. It costed me $60 incl express sh to Sweden. The exact cause is yet to be find. But Im very happy by the awesome service from the Wave guys overthere.....

Thx Max
LOL I have seen inside various "failed" speedies especially the GTB's in the early days of brushless and you would wonder how they woud have any idea what to make of the burnt remains.... everything is just black and melted/twisted with a horrible smell.

Anyway glad you got it sorted. Just be sure to regulary check temps when making changes. I recommend a check after 2 mins then every min after that (get someone to help) to be safe.

If temps are a problem try turbo 1 rather than turbo 2. The difference is not massive when you get your gearing right. Also make sure your motor is running very little or zero mechanical timming for turbo 2. Timming on the motor seems to cause nothing but heat and other strange problems with twin turbo. The LRP motors a proof of this.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #1113
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vilnius - Lithuania
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puttekula View Post
Uppdate.
Yesterday I received a new ESC. It costed me $60 incl express sh to Sweden. The exact cause is yet to be find. But Im very happy by the awesome service from the Wave guys overthere.....

Thx Max
Good to hear. I am waiting for mine. So hearing that TW take care of their customers is very pleasant to me
__________________
Audrius

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:56 AM   #1114
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Vilnius - Lithuania
Posts: 494
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Well, to quiet here... Is there any sign of new firmware for RB line?
__________________
Audrius

www.rc-cars.lt - offroad in Lithuania
www.lasa.lt - onroad in Lithuania
audriusv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:55 AM   #1115
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 30
Default New RBS

Just taken delivery of the new RBS and boy what a difference to the RB50 this is a rocket ship, well done to the team Wave boys for such a top spec ESC, you can keep all the computer aided ESC's this programs from the unit it self, and we are expecting some good results with this once the out door season gets under way.
Team Wave you have hit the sweet spot with the RBS. well done.very pleased.
tfracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 05:33 AM   #1116
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by audriusv View Post
Well, to quiet here... Is there any sign of new firmware for RB line?
Every company that has a ESC that can be firmware updated is looking for ways to improve their products and TW are no different. When they find a way to make it faster a new firmware will be released so everyone gets to benefit.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #1117
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfracing View Post
Just taken delivery of the new RBS and boy what a difference to the RB50 this is a rocket ship, well done to the team Wave boys for such a top spec ESC, you can keep all the computer aided ESC's this programs from the unit it self, and we are expecting some good results with this once the out door season gets under way.
Team Wave you have hit the sweet spot with the RBS. well done.very pleased.
Cool, I've been eyeing the RB-50 for months (I run mod), but have heard mixed reviews so am kinda holding back for now
cheapskate.brok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 04:10 PM   #1118
Tech Adept
 
ATLASCOPCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 191
Default

Can one of you guys tell me what the profile / settings are for starting from 1 on the programing card
Thanks
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #1119
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Portugal
Posts: 547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO View Post
Can one of you guys tell me what the profile / settings are for starting from 1 on the programing card
Thanks
sorry, can you be more specific?
jorgesimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #1120
Tech Adept
 
ATLASCOPCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgesimes View Post
sorry, can you be more specific?
yea sure
on the programing card you have a list of ajustments the ones that im concerned about is time shift drive profile and the turbo functions

1 what dose the time shift do and how dose it work

2 what dose the drive profile do and what affect dose it have

3 the turbo function dose it give more timing on close to full throttle or more of something else

Thank you
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:21 AM   #1121
Tech Adept
 
ATLASCOPCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE View Post
303slowdown,

We will have update very soon, after that time shift will increase to 5 steps. Turbo will also be improved (faster!)

We strongly recommend running time shift "4" and turbo on for stock racing.
Dose this still apply to the current firmware ? or has it changed
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:51 AM   #1122
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLASCOPCO View Post
yea sure
on the programing card you have a list of ajustments the ones that im concerned about is time shift drive profile and the turbo functions

1 what dose the time shift do and how dose it work

2 what dose the drive profile do and what affect dose it have

3 the turbo function dose it give more timing on close to full throttle or more of something else

Thank you
No problem....

1 Timeshift adjusts the timing on the motor so you produce either more RPM or more TORQUE. In simple terms more bottom end or top end. If you use turbo lean towards lower timeshift for better punch before you hit turbo.

2 Both drive and brake profile adjust the "feel" of the throttle or brake. There is no difference between this and adjusting expo on your radio if you have it. If you use a budget radio then this feature will help, otherwise just leave it on 5 for "linear" feel and adjust on your radio.

3 I don't think anyone will get the excat details about how the turbo system works on this or any other speedo, just little bits of info at best. From what I have been able to figure out from both on track performance and using a motor analyser the turbo system on the RB speedo's is all about producing more power rather than upping timing for rpm. The extra power will increase the motors RPM as a side effect so you can gear down for more punch with similar top speed. Having a turbo that works at all speeds and not just on the straights means you use it more and your motor gets hot. For this reason start off using a lower turbo setting if you have a twin turbo ESC and see how you go 1st. Generally we find that the more you use full throttle, the less turbo you run.

If you would like help getting the best out of the speedy let us know what ESC (and software if you upgraded it) and what motor and we can give you a starting point.

Cheers....
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:27 PM   #1123
Tech Adept
 
ATLASCOPCO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
No problem....

1 Timeshift adjusts the timing on the motor so you produce either more RPM or more TORQUE. In simple terms more bottom end or top end. If you use turbo lean towards lower timeshift for better punch before you hit turbo.

2 Both drive and brake profile adjust the "feel" of the throttle or brake. There is no difference between this and adjusting expo on your radio if you have it. If you use a budget radio then this feature will help, otherwise just leave it on 5 for "linear" feel and adjust on your radio.

3 I don't think anyone will get the excat details about how the turbo system works on this or any other speedo, just little bits of info at best. From what I have been able to figure out from both on track performance and using a motor analyser the turbo system on the RB speedo's is all about producing more power rather than upping timing for rpm. The extra power will increase the motors RPM as a side effect so you can gear down for more punch with similar top speed. Having a turbo that works at all speeds and not just on the straights means you use it more and your motor gets hot. For this reason start off using a lower turbo setting if you have a twin turbo ESC and see how you go 1st. Generally we find that the more you use full throttle, the less turbo you run.

If you would like help getting the best out of the speedy let us know what ESC (and software if you upgraded it) and what motor and we can give you a starting point.

Cheers....
Hi Thanks for clearing that up for me .
I would like help getting the best out of the speedo i am using a RB50 with the RBS 1.0b firmware and a novak balistic 10.5. gearing and motor timing would also be a great help please
Ill put a link in so you can see the place that we race at its a cool venue

http://www.maritimeracing.info/
ATLASCOPCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #1124
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 35
Default how to setup rb50 with rb-s firmware?

when we know there are different profile between RB-50 and RB-S,
if i upload to RB-S firmware, how can i setup rb50 like time-shift, turbo ?

thanks!
teamsanwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 PM   #1125
Tech Rookie
 
TLRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Boiling Springs, SC
Posts: 18
Default

Anyone have suggestions for setting on the rb30 for 17.5 1s oval? Last year when I ran the 21.5 2s I had the same speed as all the other esc's. My track has switched to all 1s classes. Last weekend was my first time running 1s and the TW rb30 was much slower than the mambas and the tekins. I thought about trying the rbs firmware with time shift 7 and turbo 1x. Any help would be great. Thanks
TLRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Novak Racing Brushless System (3.5) andy85 Electric On-Road 2 07-12-2007 07:24 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System TRiN Australia For Sale/Trade 2 04-02-2007 04:56 AM
Novak 3.5R Brushless Racing System Wolverini R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 03-04-2007 03:28 PM
tekin brushless racing system??? streetracer745 Electric Off-Road 7 01-16-2007 01:46 PM
Team Wave - Lightning Discharge / equalizing system TEAMWAVE Electric On-Road 271 11-19-2006 08:06 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:38 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net