New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

The new software is much better with increase braking response.
I used the RB50 and a Team Wave Linear 6.5 in the modified class at the Much More GP to qualify A8 and finished A7.
Old 06-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KennyClark
I used the RB50 and a Team Wave Linear 6.5 in the modified class at the Much More GP to qualify A8 and finished A7.
Good !
Old 06-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tomjefferies
the software upgrade makes a massive difference to the speedo, at the much more gp i ran the new version of the software and the difference was very noticable. There is a noticlabe improvement in braking feel and power, as well as a fair bit of extra horse power. when i first switched to team wave i used the speedo with a different make of motor but i found that using a team wave motor as well as the speed controller gives large power gain over other systems.

tom
Your car was deffiently looking quick this past weekend Tom
I'll be back to the Wave motor for this weekend... Speedo was damm fast even without the updates this weekend for myself, need to sort my driving out now

Cheers
Ed
Old 06-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

Well Tryhard your car with the update in for sure was looking good this weekend at sunny cotswold (Roll on the national).

Can I say that the update I feel is a big improvement on the brakes and the feel is a lot smoother I was alot smoother over a run and faster as a result, knocking .5-1 sec off my lap times and fastest laps.

Cheers also for the guidence and help and tips I was given by yourself and the banter the horizon crew gave lol at the pitting table. Dont forget to practice on them pit stops!!!!

Anyway keep up the good work team wave
Old 06-28-2009, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

I have ordered my programmer now, still not arrived yet though?
How do I access this new program that everyone seems to already have except me?
Old 06-28-2009, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jamesalex
Well Tryhard your car with the update in for sure was looking good this weekend at sunny cotswold (Roll on the national).

Can I say that the update I feel is a big improvement on the brakes and the feel is a lot smoother I was alot smoother over a run and faster as a result, knocking .5-1 sec off my lap times and fastest laps.

Cheers also for the guidence and help and tips I was given by yourself and the banter the horizon crew gave lol at the pitting table. Dont forget to practice on them pit stops!!!!

Anyway keep up the good work team wave
Hey James,

Happy to help out... think you ended up higher than me on the FDR anyway I'm pretty sure there's more to come (still not pushing the temp too hard), but was lacking the spur to do the ratio I wanted, so I left it be.
I was impressed my Max's quick email reply this morning... now thats service (albeit helped by Blackberry )

Overall, very happy with the update. Did need to re-program the speedo after it, putting everything back up to Max (geddit ).

The banter is all good, some cruder than others obviously....

And I thought the pitstops me and Steve did for Krisis were pretty good... 3sets of tyres in 4mins 30! Ok, I dropped the nut on the second change but hey... think that got some inquistive looks trackside

Cheers
Ed
Old 07-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

How do I access this new program that everyone seems to already have except me?[/QUOTE]

x2 on getting the new software .i conect the card to my computer and nothing happens . is their something i need to download.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Adept

303slowdown,

Please send an email to "[email protected]" and we will help you.

TEAM WAVE
Old 07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I have rb 30 forsale in the for sale trade section for 100.00 shipped. has 3 race days on it.!
Old 07-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KennyClark
Is there pics somewhere from that race?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Hi all,

RB handheld programming unit manual, software, USB driver and newest firmware is now available from our web site "DOWNLOAD" section !!

TEAM WAVE
Old 07-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i cant get the manual for the programer to come up on the web site
Old 07-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BAMBAM cheapsk8
WHats the resistance of the controllers?
Yeah, what is the rated on-resistance for the rb50. Also, i do mainly 13.5 and 17.5 racing. What advantages does your RB50 have over lets say a LRP SPX? So what I am saying is, "Is your RB50 better then the SPX for my classes?"

Thanks
Old 07-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

hello,

Manual can be downloaded now.

We can't say our speedo is better than others but RB50 firmware can be upgraded and adopt to any new developed technologies.

TEAM WAVE
Old 07-07-2009, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
hello,

Manual can be downloaded now.

We can't say our speedo is better than others but RB50 firmware can be upgraded and adopt to any new developed technologies.

TEAM WAVE
So in the manual it has:

"Time shift (for brushless only) - This is another exclusive feature introduced by TEAM WAVE. Unlike other sensored brushless system in which motor timing is fixed, the RB-50 offers another kind of motor timing technology. User can choose from power efficient mode through to high output mode. For example, the car will be more drivable and smooth in cornering in lower output level. Combined with Turbo and other parameter settings, you can achieve the best
compromise between runtime, top speed and drivability, resulting in better laptimes."

So is this actually advancing the timing of the motor? Thus the higher setting is more timing? Can you give a example?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.