Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I see, if it's not the Fish himself it's a couple of other ferals chipping in on the Team Wave thread. You are always most welcome to join in this discussion as the mere fact you are all looking proves that we are onto something here. I think all Troy said is that both the Team Waves and the BD both like lower FDR's compared to some others. That fact was evident after about 5 minutes.

Anyway enough about that and back on to what everyone here really wants to know. The new Team Wave firmware is GREAT! Tq and 1st in 10.5 was a great way to test it. It was a small but very quality field. The top 3 are among the top Australian 10.5 drivers in the sport. 17.5 also could have been a win for Team Wave if not for a loose nut causing a wheel to fall off while in the lead of final No.2. A clear win in the 3rd 17.5 final proved the this new firmware is fast in all classes too. Darren also put in some 17.1 second laps which were the bench mark of the class.

I found the firmware really easy to set up too. Using the handheld programmer. It takes less than a minute to change a few settings and this encourages you to make all the changes necessary to get it spot on.

Well done Max for once again making Team Wave the one to beat and well done Dragonfire for taking the 10.5 win. It was a well deserved results for all the testing you have done to help make this firmware as good as it is.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I see, if it's not the Fish himself it's a couple of other ferals chipping in on the Team Wave thread. You are always most welcome to join in this discussion as the mere fact you are all looking proves that we are onto something here.
Me coming onto this thread has nothing with you guys coming up with the new software. I go onto the majority of the threads here to see whats new etc out there. Troy congrats on the weekend, i wasnt there to see it but you deserve the win, again it was a small field.

What happened with Darren, James and Harrison in the finals? None in the top 3? Darren might have won in the finals but he didnt and again its up to "if only i did this or this". .

I shall see you all at CC
Old 05-16-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
What happened with Darren, James and Harrison in the finals? None in the top 3? Darren might have won in the finals but he didnt and again its up to "if only i did this or this". .

I shall see you all at CC
Like if only you could have driven well enough to take advantage of the power advantage you had at the Summer Nats!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBI7oRYU3B8

This is the 17.5 3rd A main from the Much More Masters in Australia. The light brown car starting from 3rd on the grid is the Team Wave car. I would imagine nearly every other car has a Tekin in it. This is surely the best proof of how good the new RB-S firmware is.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Like if only you could have driven well enough to take advantage of the power advantage you had at the Summer Nats!

This is the 17.5 3rd A main from the Much More Masters in Australia. The light brown car starting from 3rd on the grid is the Team Wave car. I would imagine nearly every other car has a Tekin in it. This is surely the best proof of how good the new RB-S firmware is.
Paul

I know i f'd up at summer nats.. Pulled my driving together but it was to late. I didn't go making excuses!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Since you seem to miss me on here I thought I might add to the race report.

I love your selective reporting Paul

The Wave qualified 3rd. If it was that fast why not TQ?

Not once during qualifying did the Wave finish on top of the round nor did it do the fastest lap at any stage during qualifying rounds. In fact it only did the fast lap once in 9 races And there were Tekins and Hobbywings/SP/Venom up there as well THe HW ESC was quite good with its new software. More impressive than the Wave

And he did "some" 17.1 sec laps? He did one

At least when reporting report the truth.

Yes it does look like the Wave is getting closer .. at least on small tracks

Last edited by cannon; 05-17-2010 at 12:54 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:00 AM
Tech Master

Gosh Fish, that last time you wasted your time writing your BS on this thread was the last time a Team Wave driver won an event in Oz. It must really get under your skin when Team Wave wins!

As usual nothing I wrote is untrue. The point I am making is that the new firmware is fast in all classes. The great thing is that someone took a video of it and posted it on Youtube for us all to see. The video doesn't lie!
Old 05-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Gosh Fish, that last time you wasted your time writing your BS on this thread was the last time a Team Wave driver won an event in Oz. It must really get under your skin when Team Wave wins!

As usual nothing I wrote is untrue. The point I am making is that the new firmware is fast in all classes. The great thing is that someone took a video of it and posted it on Youtube for us all to see. The video doesn't lie!

Hilarious Paul. Very selective. You picked one race out of 9. And the race after the event had been won.

It was a good win by Troy in 10.5. Congrats. But you were spouting about 17.5 where the Wave was not even close. The results dont lie. The camera and selective use does
Old 05-17-2010, 01:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The great thing is that someone took a video of it and posted it on Youtube for us all to see. The video doesn't lie!
You know me paul, bored shitless most days at work, i check out most threads in the main page.

You are correct, vids dont lie, and the SS final 3 shows An LRP dragging down Troy out of the corner and down the straight, though im sure we will get an "oh i changed my setup" reply from Rocko.

Wave should be very happy with your work in oz, its a far improvement to what his os guys could manage. But so far it seems most latest SW versions produce very similar results.

Oh and my crack to Rocko above was in relation to his comment about the BD v2, its not here yet, it could be extremely different in its software for all we know.

All in good fun, just try to keep the bullshit meter under control.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Besercoe
just try to keep the bullshit meter under control.
So lets clear this up now, are you saying I've been bull$h1tting??
Old 05-17-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

But Paul, You just called my posts BS when all I did was state the facts from the weekend
Old 05-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Calm down big fella, i acknowledged the massive improvement you, rocko and rocko jnr have made over the last month or so, but just like the Tekin, LRP, SP/HW fanboys saying they have got the latest and greatest, the fact is most of the above are all pretty much equal now, all thats happened is that all cars have just gotten faster.

The differences will now come down to driveability and braking, both more personal preference things and difficult to measure. Im finding now that motors are mostly to account for the above.

On my Tekin, a Tekin motor develops big power, but really shit brakes, i put a GM in an had good power, and good brakes, put a novak in and its super smooth, feels slow but has good pace, brakes smooth.

I should be testing a V3 Hobbywing shortly with 422, and very tempted to get a BD V2 when you get them (i like their simplicity)
Old 05-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cannon
But Paul, You just called my posts BS when all I did was state the facts from the weekend
The difference is that I don't care for your opinion but I consider Brad a friend and I do care if he is accusing me of being anything but honest. I stand by every word I've ever written on rctech. I don't just represent Team Wave in Australia but my own business around the world. I will never lie and have never lied on these threads.

The fact is anyone who was at the MMM over the weekend could see that the Team Waves are back. As much power as anything else out there. Those that have used them will know how nice they are to drive and how easy they are to set up.

Now PLEASE, this thread is for users of Team Wave products to share their experiences with them. If all you want to do is fill the thread up with crap so no one else can find it useful, you are really showing disrespect to everyone who wants to use this thread.

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 05-17-2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 AM
Tech Champion

The difference is that I don't care for your opinion but I consider Brad a friend and I do care if he is accusing me of being anything but honest. I stand by every word I've ever written on rctech. I don't just represent Team Wave in Australia but my own business around the world. I will never lie and have never lied on these threads.

The fact is anyone who was at the MMM over the weekend could see that the Team Waves are back. As much power as anything else out there. Those that have used them will know how nice they are to drive and how easy they are to set up.

Now PLEASE, this thread is for uses of Team Wave products to share their experiences with them. If all you want to do is fill the thread up with crap so no one else can find it useful, you are really showing disrespect to everyone who wants to use this thread.
Paul,

True you didnt lie. You just didn't fill in the details. Truth can be portrayed in ways that dont give the correct information.

Do you deny the fact that the Wave didn't manage to win one qualifier in 17.5? Or that its so called some 17.1's was in fact only one and that the Wave was not the fastest car for 8 out of 9 races? Pretty sure that the drivers who had faster laps in the qualifiers would be laughing

It is poor form on your behalf to misrepresent the truth to make it seem that the Wave was faster than everything.

And my statement was not opinion .. IT WAS FACTS

And I am just informing those who are looking at the thread who may be just looking and dont understand your "stretching" of the truth
Old 05-17-2010, 04:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Enough of the bitchin already. Lets get the firmware out there so that other users can make a judgement on the work to date.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hectickurt
Enough of the bitchin already. Lets get the firmware out there so that other users can make a judgement on the work to date.
I agree, you guys should take your moral ethics discussion over to the pm world and give us some firmware to play with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.