Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Fantastic!

Time for Team Wave to start winning all over the world. Those that were involved in the testing will only be too happy to help with setup advise.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

thought id make a pit sheet for the new software
hope this comes in handy for some of you

team wave setting sheet.pdf
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Here is what I know.

Page 1 - Timeshift. 1-9, bigger number = more timeshift timing. As always more timing means more heat and don't asume 9 will be the best setting. In 10.5 I used timeshift of 7 and was very happy.

Page 2 - Timeshift Gain. 1-4, the bigger the number the faster you achieve all of your timeshift timing. Too much timing too soon will cause a lot of heat and a loss of torque. In 10.5 I like a Gain of 2. I tried 3 but it wasn't any faster so I went back to 2. I don't imagine you would want to try 4 unless you race 21.5. Gain of 2 or 3 is good for 17.5 dpending on track size.

Page 3 - Turbo amount. 1-9, the bigger the number the more turbo. Turbo helps give you a bit more top speed down a medium to long straight. Again more turbo means more heat so start low and add more as you are sure your temperatures are under control. I like turbo of 4 for 10.5.

Page 4 - Turbo kick in. 1-9, the bigger the number the sooner the turbo kicks in. Too soon and you will get turbo in the infield which is not good as well as more heat! Start low and keep increasing untill you feel the turbo come in 1/3 or 1/2 way down the straight.

Page 5 - Drive profile. 1-9, this is a "feel" adjustment. 1 is linear which I like. the bigger the number the more agressive the throttle profile. If grip is really good and you want to get on the throttle hard out og the corners, try a bit higher.

Page 6- Neutral Brake

Page & 7 and 8 are the same.

Page 9 - Mode Superstock/stock or ROAR Sportsman. Cool for people wanting to run the new ROAR sportsman class.

Now Dragonfire has done more testing than me and has tested all motor classes and I'm sure will add more info but this should help you get started.

Most importantly, It's up to you to check both motor and speedo temps with an accurate temp gun. At first, do a few laps and check, then a bit longer and check untill you can be sure you can race 5 min without killing you motor or esc. This Firmware is for competitive racers to win races with. More power means more risk so take it easy.

To keep temperatures under control you can adjust ESC setings and gearing. For 10.5 I ran a FDR of 5.8. Too big a FDR(too small pinion) will make your motor run too hot as will running to small an FDR. In the old days of brushless that was different, just incease your FDR(smaller pinion) and things got cooler. Not any more! you need to find that sweet spot. Soon some 17.5 drivers will give you a starting point.

Hope this helps and a big thanks to Team Wave. You are gonna love this firmware.

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 05-20-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
thought id make a pit sheet for the new software
hope this comes in handy for some of you

Attachment 595059
Awesome. This helps a lot. Max has come up with the great firmware but now us racers can all help each other by sharing their results. We already are happy but I'm sure we still can find the absolute ultimate setup to kill the opposition.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

MAX, thanks for releasing this BETA!

I'am going to try it this evening on larger outdoor track.

I have RB-S with LRP X12 stock spec 10.5T. Is it safe to using this motor with new firmware? I'am asking because there was some problems using X12 motor reported, several pages back in this thread.
Did you or betatesters tried X12ss with new FW please?

Thank you!

I'am using this combo without problems with 1.0c FW, timing on motor is -10 (four dots), FDR 8
Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monkeyracing.cz
MAX, thanks for releasing this BETA!

I'am going to try it this evening on larger outdoor track.

I have RB-S with LRP X12 stock spec 10.5T. Is it safe to using this motor with new firmware? I'am asking because there was some problems using X12 motor reported, several pages back in this thread.
Did you or betatesters tried X12ss with new FW please?

Thank you!

I'am using this combo without problems with 1.0c FW, timing on motor is -10 (four dots), FDR 8
I know I'm not Max but I have tried an X12 and can help. None of the problems with reversing as with the origional RB-S firmware but be careful with this motor.
Run 4 dot insert(most retarded timing possible). Even so you still have a motor with so much endbell timing you have to start with lower setting on the ESC. I know someone who tried a X12 and it was a rocket for 2 minutes!! Heaps of grunt out of the corners and good top end but not for 5 min! Also be aware that these motors run hot at the best of times and this also make your ESC hotter! All that heat runs straight down your wires into the ESC. I found it cogged just a little once or twice in the run out of slow corners too. Note that this is an issue with many ESC's. The funniest thing is I know people with LRP ESC's who can't use it with a LRP X12!
Old 05-20-2010, 12:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Pablo,

With the new firmware, can you just confirm, the old turbo method where the speedo just increases output to the motor is no more. Now Turbo is a timing adjustment? Its based on motor speed rather than throttle position?

My first practice with this will be on the friday of the Stonehaven MuchMore GP as this is a designated practice day. I will be running 10.5 in the stock and mod class so would be keen to know what settings others are finding work best! it may take a while to sort the gearing out - especially if you can go up and down to get higher temperatures!!!

Thanks to Max and all at TW for getting this released.

Regards

Chris
Old 05-20-2010, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by topher2009
Pablo,

With the new firmware, can you just confirm, the old turbo method where the speedo just increases output to the motor is no more. Now Turbo is a timing adjustment? Its based on motor speed rather than throttle position?

My first practice with this will be on the friday of the Stonehaven MuchMore GP as this is a designated practice day. I will be running 10.5 in the stock and mod class so would be keen to know what settings others are finding work best! it may take a while to sort the gearing out - especially if you can go up and down to get higher temperatures!!!

Thanks to Max and all at TW for getting this released.

Regards

Chris
I can confirm that full throttle does not instantly engage turbo as used to be the case. We haven't been told particular RPM points but it seems to be that the higher the kick in number the lower the rpm turbo cuts in. It also does seem as though turbo now adds more timing for more top end.
Good luck at the Much More GP.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:02 AM
Tech Addict

Where is the new firmware?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TEAMWAVE
Hi all TEAM WAVE customers,

Thanks for all your support and using our products. Sorry for long waited about the firmware update. As we understand MuchMore GP UK is coming, RB-S V2.02g (Beta) is now available for download at our web site !

http://teamwaveonline.com/2007/download.htm

This is the firmware we use to win many races in the past 2 months, from 10.5T to 21.5T.

Please refer to the attached documents for the new setup table. Enjoy
Follow this link or go to the download page on www.teamwaveonline.com
Old 05-20-2010, 02:21 AM
Tech Addict

Sorry i only can see V1.0C
Old 05-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Tech Addict

Now its there.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi Max/TEAMWAVE

I had a chance to test the new beta FW. lovely & love the power band.
One request though. Can you make Page 6 Neutral Brake, value 1 to be 0 drag brake please?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by evollace
Hi Max/TEAMWAVE

I had a chance to test the new beta FW. lovely & love the power band.
One request though. Can you make Page 6 Neutral Brake, value 1 to be 0 drag brake please?
Do you want to share your settings? I thought 1 was no drag brake?
Old 05-20-2010, 03:51 AM
Tech Adept

yes, page 6 is neutral brake, 1 is 0%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.