R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2011, 11:35 AM   #3886
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Infos View Post
Hello to all TM E4 users.

After a loooong period of tests and improvements on the Team Magic E4RS basis, including a full revised prototype car made by TM for the 2011 Nuremberg toy fair with my ideas and suggestions, Team Magic has decided to restart with a full blank page.

So, a new car is now in preparation. Some prototypes are now in tests.

Expected release date is end 2011.
Wow! That is big news.

Would the new car continue the current three belt layout with a centralized battery? Would be nice if you can throw some preliminary pics for us to look at in anticipation of its release in the next three months.
YR4Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:09 PM   #3887
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

SWEET !!! The E4 is a great platform. Just sold one of my FS cars but I have 2 left. Probably keep one and look forward to the new car. Will be very happy if TM gets behind the effort !!
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:31 PM   #3888
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

This is great news!... However...not to kill the mood or anything but I won't believe it, until I see it.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:09 PM   #3889
Tech Champion

Default E4 Bumper

Anyone got a used but in good condition E4 bumper they can let go for cheap and ship it cheap to me? What I really need is the lower bumper piece but a complete upper and lower would be nice.

Its just that to order the bumper only already at $9.99, in order for it to ship I would have to pay another $8. So $17 just for a plastic lower bumper for me to get my E4 going is just not worthwhile.

In fact to prevent my need for more bumpers in the future I plan on using the bumper as a template to cut out a new piece in durable 1/4" Kydex. If that comes out looking halfway decent, I'd be willing make an extra one to send to the person who sent me the stock bumper in the first place.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:40 AM   #3890
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Infos View Post
Hello to all TM E4 users.

After a loooong period of tests and improvements on the Team Magic E4RS basis, including a full revised prototype car made by TM for the 2011 Nuremberg toy fair with my ideas and suggestions, Team Magic has decided to restart with a full blank page.

So, a new car is now in preparation. Some prototypes are now in tests.

Expected release date is end 2011.

I'm glad to know when TM have new EP model.

I love E4.....................

Different from your post in this picture or not.

Regards Thor.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-team_magic_e4_prototype_1sm.jpg  
thor.caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #3891
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Old 10-02-2011, 02:05 AM   #3892
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Without a doubt the best looking car i have ever build
And is now in the hands of some one who will perfect it

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slo_E4 View Post

Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 10:30 PM   #3893
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

holy crap that is one sexy beast! what is parts availability like for these cars? kind of in the market for a new electric and was thinking of geting a JRX a go, but screw that, this is much hotter.
valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:42 AM   #3894
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
holy crap that is one sexy beast! what is parts availability like for these cars? kind of in the market for a new electric and was thinking of geting a JRX a go, but screw that, this is much hotter.
Quite easy as long as you don't mind mail order. www.wolfhobbies.com has the parts to keep them going. I'll say this though....these cars are built tough. You WILL NOT be replacing many broken parts. I would suggest alloy steering knuckles and alloy rear uprights for sure.
You can also get parts from a couple of good overseas dealers.
These cars are simple, well built and handle better than most of the current crop of tc's.
I can't wait for the new version.
Evoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #3895
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to valk Send a message via AIM to valk Send a message via MSN to valk

something tells me the new one will be way out of my budget as sexy as it is. like, a work of art.. was thinking of getting the FS slowe4 has for sale. ill have to read through the thread to figure out what the differences are between models though. id mostly be racing outdoors with it but want something that can do both.
running a tc5 now which ive started modifying and was gonna get a tc6, but i like to be different.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM   #3896
Tech Elite

Amen to that

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Quite easy as long as you don't mind mail order. www.wolfhobbies.com has the parts to keep them going. I'll say this though....these cars are built tough. You WILL NOT be replacing many broken parts. I would suggest alloy steering knuckles and alloy rear uprights for sure.
These cars are simple, well built and handle better than most of the current crop of tc's.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:23 AM   #3897
Tech Elite

So if its still available would that fs model be a good startin point for rubber tires?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #3898
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Sorry but I have to disagree.

The front bumpers are weak. Not the foam but the pieces holding the foam. I've consistently broken the lower bumper piece quite often. I recently replaced it with a piece I fabbed out of 1/4" thick Kydex which now is rock solid.

The upper bulkheads are weak also, hence the need for the aluminum upper bulkhead hop-up. The price difference between the stock plastic one and the aluminum one is HUGE. Its $8 for the plastic piece and $55 - $60 for the aluminum ones.

Parts delivery is not that great either. Overseas suppliers are about 2 weeks via registered mail. Wolf isn't much better either. I placed an order with them on a Tues and it won't ship until late Fri. Whereas other suppliers like Nexus Racing for XRay parts, I would place an order with them Wed. and it ships Wed. for me to receive by Fri. Wolf is in the same Timezone as me but Nexus which is faster is two Timezones away from me. Go figure.

Its got a little more steering than the two belt cars. Thats why its a monster in the in field. However its got more resistance in the drivetrain than the 2 belt cars so its not all that great on the straights.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be here if I didn't like the car or use the car. I would compare the E4 to a real car like a Saab. It nice looking and pricey when they're new. Those who have them love them. However, they don't sell well nor do they re-sell well either. Its a niche. If you like it, you can pick up a good one cheap. Like SlowE4's deal.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #3899
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by valk View Post
So if its still available would that fs model be a good startin point for rubber tires?
You can run the FS for both rubber (outdoor) or foam (indoor). Its all a matter of setup and the FS can be setup to do either.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #3900
Tech Elite

I might pick it up to play with if he will ship to me. I wanted a jrxs to play with but this car is nicer looking. Our outdoor track looks avout 80x30. 10ft lanes but tight and technical. Im sure it couldnt be worse than my tc5 ha.