R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-18-2010, 09:36 AM   #3241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow View Post
Have a 3mm / 4mm / 5mm turnbuckle wrench but they do not fit the team magic parts.

What do you guys use to adjust your turnbuckles?
Made my own...
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-iphone-204.jpg   Team Magic E4 Thread-iphone-189.jpg  
YoDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM   #3242
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Rick,

Hook me up with the delrin outdrive you made for your car let me know how much you want to sell it and also the battery tray.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:47 AM   #3243
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Rick,

Hook me up with the delrin outdrive you made for your car let me know how much you want to sell it and also the battery tray.
Hey Kim,
I'll be bringing some parts to Reedy next week, I'll let you know price then.
Just so you won't be shocked, making the battery tray from Brass cost quite a bit more than steel because of the material costs. It's heavier and stiffer than steel though, not to mention how sweet it looks. The steel trays are around $50 but brass will add about $20-$25 bucks more per part.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:23 AM   #3244
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

dont forget about the pesants over here some of us mere mortals would like some of these one offs
buffalobill989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:33 AM   #3245
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalobill989 View Post
dont forget about the pesants over here some of us mere mortals would like some of these one offs
I'll do my best to make the parts available on a limited basis after the RROC.

I think the outdrives will be pretty HOT.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #3246
Tech Elite

Yap ricks delrin outdrives that he made was pretty sweet it's light with less roatating mass for faster acceleration but the biggest upside is it takes away the chatering out from the dogbone which helps out a lot making the car more stable on high speed sweepers and it extends the life of the dogbone.

Old 05-22-2010, 02:04 AM   #3247
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Yap ricks delrin outdrives that he made was pretty sweet it's light with less roatating mass for faster acceleration but the biggest upside is it takes away the chatering out from the dogbone which helps out a lot making the car more stable on high speed sweepers and it extends the life of the dogbone.

Here is a pair of the latest Delrin outdrives for the TM spool, not the convertible model.
The original prototype that Jochim mentioned had sleeves over the entire outdrive but the new design is more like the plastic diff style with the retainer ring installed on the end.
These will be a direct replacement for the steel outdrives but have far less play and deliver the power much smoother.
I will be testing these at the RRAC along with some of the other TM drivers.
If all goes well I should be able to take orders soon after.
Feel free to PM me with any questions.
The price will be around $10 per pair. I figured that would be the first question on everybody's mind.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-dscn0475.jpg  
Old 05-22-2010, 02:33 AM   #3248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Sweet
If they work then count me in for 3 sets of those

Regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post
Here is a pair of the latest Delrin outdrives for the TM spool, not the convertible model.
The original prototype that Jochim mentioned had sleeves over the entire outdrive but the new design is more like the plastic diff style with the retainer ring installed on the end.
These will be a direct replacement for the steel outdrives but have far less play and deliver the power much smoother.
The price will be around $10 per pair. I figured that would be the first question on everybody's mind.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:12 AM   #3249
Tech Regular

Default Driveshaft Caps

does anyone make drive shaft coupling for the E4 that work on both the front and rear CVD drive shafts.

It would be nice to have a larger surface area for the drive train to put power through on. Although the pins are quite beefy eventually they are going to start eating the cups.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-xra305241.jpg  

Last edited by Capt'N_Slow; 05-22-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Capt'N_Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #3250
Tech Master

And now for some battery tray action.
Notice that there are 2 styles. Solid (heavy) and relieved (lighter and lower for batteries with humps).
They are made from brass at the moment But more testing is needed.
I will have them available in steel and aluminum.
pricing will be around $50 for aluminum and steel and $75 for brass. (High material costs)
For those with deeper pockets I can produce the trays in stainless for around $90 each.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-dscn0477-comp.jpg  
Old 05-22-2010, 06:32 PM   #3251
Tech Regular

The trays look great!

How much do the aluminum solid and relieved units weight? Not looking to add to much weight.

How is the fitment of the jumbo 5200/5400 40/50C SMC batteries. Or any large square lipo?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 AM   #3252
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt'N_Slow View Post
The trays look great!

How much do the aluminum solid and relieved units weight? Not looking to add to much weight.

How is the fitment of the jumbo 5200/5400 40/50C SMC batteries. Or any large square lipo?
The relieved tray is about 29.5 grams so I'd imagine the solid tray would be around 33.0 grams.
The brass tray is about 109.0 grams
and the relieved version is about 90.0 grams.
These figures are not exact as these are prototypes.

Last edited by YoDog; 05-24-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:46 AM   #3253
Tech Regular

Put me down for a relieved aluminum tray. With a lowered cg it would be interested to see how this affects the feel of the car.

Will be giving up a bit on the straight as we run at 1420g but hopefully will be able to take it all back through the infield.
Old 05-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #3254
Tech Apprentice

Spent the day at Norcal yesterday doing some tire and parts testing. We learned a lot about the tires. Tried a many different things and found the way to make the tires consistently WORK!! I won't post what we learned but will happily share the info with other E4 drivers at the track. We also experimented with several battery trays. Tried the Steel, aluminum and plastic trays. With the low minimum weight we ended up using the original plastic tray. The advantage is that the plastic tray does not impose any tweak to the chassis. Norcal is stocking parts and we will also have backup supplies and Wolf Hobbies parts.

We have a REALLY slick front spool solution. Very inexpensive and does a great job of dampening the chatter. Best of all if you trash your outdrives it is very cheap to fix and get going again. It will work with either 34 or 35 tooth diff gears. Best all it weighs about half as much as the spool!! Don't have many but enough for anyone that comes to the Reedy.

We will be setting up on Wednesday. If you are interested we will go over your car with you and see if there are any issues where we can help you be more competitive. We will be happy to help all week if needed.

If you are attending please send us a wish list to make certain we have everything you might want.

We wanted to let everyone know that we have some new items for LiPo use. For owners of the original E4 we have an aluminum battery tray adapter that allows the use of the standard battery tray and our steel tray. We have a carbon fiber LiPo kit that raises the top deck 2mm to make it easier to use the fat 5000 packs. It can be attached the top deck with a tiny drop of glue so that you don't have to deal with shims. We also have a new top deck that uses countersunk holes so you use flathead screws to attach the deck to the car. These positively hold the car flat and keep it that way after an impact. Extra material has been added around the countersinks to keep the carbon fiber from fraying. As an added bonus all of the screw holes on the bottom of the top deck have been changed to use flat head screws so they do not rub holes in the top of your LiPo pack cases. They can all be found on the Wolf Hobbies site.

Our web site is hosted by a service provider. If there is ever a problem with the web site please give us a call. The faster we know about it the faster we can get it fixed
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #3255
Tech Elite

Rick,

I really need this one man I just snap 2 front dogbones again today in MOD. Man I got this car dialled in but I can't finish a race I bairly touch a disc then darn thing keep on snapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoDog View Post