R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2009, 12:22 PM   #2566
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpyle View Post
It takes a some dremeling but I got a Tekin and a Trinity DUO to fit.
I would have thought that this

New* Extra narrow 2.5mm chassis with Extra large motor cutout

Would have taken care of the motor clearence issue
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #2567
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
Which brushless motors fit in, I have the DE2 car and I can only so far get the Novak motors in. The Orions are just a hair too long and a Trinity is a bit longer yet. I assume that everybody is opening up the motor opening a little to get them in.
To get the longer motors in like the DUO and Tekin I just take off the belt tensioner and back brace that runs over the the belt tensioner. I put the motor in and then put the tensioner and brace back on.

If you want to motor to have more movement you will have to dremel the belt tensioner a good amount. I did this and have plenty of motor movement now once I get the motor in. The Novak and Novak Ballistic fit great, the Losi brushless fit as will the Hackers. Most motors that have a taperd end on them fit without removing anything on the car.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:46 PM   #2568
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
Hey everyone, i just picked up an E4JS for 75$, whats the damage status on these things? i hope it isnt too fragile. It looks like it may have upgraded shocks along with shock towers and a bunch of other things. also how free does your drive train spin? this doesnt spin "freely" but there isnt any binding it just feels like there is some tightness.
BEaring wise you can soak them in denatured alcohol overnight and then lightly re-oil with a thin bearing oil. That is one of the best things to do. I did notice the belt on my E4FS is alot looser fitting than the one on my E4JS and that overall my JS version is not as free as my FS. Now I bought the car used and have not touched it at all but while it is not as free overall it is still very smooth with no rough spots.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:56 PM   #2569
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I took a file to the chassis and widened the opening 1.8mm, pretty much everything fits in now. I was just under the impression that the David Ehrlich version had this done for you.
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #2570
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

I made myself a gearchart and highlighted the 140 - 145 spur and pinion count to keep the motor centered.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Magic E4 Thread-e4-gear-chart.jpg  
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:47 AM   #2571
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ashland city tn
Posts: 2,646
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
Hey everyone, i just picked up an E4JS for 75$, whats the damage status on these things? i hope it isnt too fragile. It looks like it may have upgraded shocks along with shock towers and a bunch of other things. also how free does your drive train spin? this doesnt spin "freely" but there isnt any binding it just feels like there is some tightness.
im loving my JS havnt broke anything ...running it in VTA ...the bearings do need to be cleaned and re-oiled with something thinner than stock packing grease...$75 was a steal IMO ....my drive train has free'd up still never gonna be as free as some cars ..but the infields is where this car performs the 3 belt system is what helps this..
__________________
Rick Hess
Yokomo-Amain-Protek RC
R&C Hobby shop Clarksville TN
RCP Customs-RC Juice
rkhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:26 AM   #2572
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 833
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hey all,

I've read through this ENTIRE thread and obviously there is a lot of passion with respect to the E4!

I posted a similar post in the JRXS-R thread and thought I should post here as well. I'm interested in either the JRXS-R or the TM E4 to try to get back into TC racing. I really like the centralized battery design and can see how it might offer some real advantages over the more traditional design (even if it doesn't offer an advantage it's just really COOL!).

I was hoping to hear from folks who have experience with both cars who could give me some objective information about the pros/cons of both cars. Obviously neither car is perfect but I'd really like to hear some opinions on relative advantages/disadvantages of each.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike
__________________
Mike
Hyper_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:51 AM   #2573
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg MB
Posts: 457
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper_Mike View Post
Hey all,

I've read through this ENTIRE thread and obviously there is a lot of passion with respect to the E4!

I posted a similar post in the JRXS-R thread and thought I should post here as well. I'm interested in either the JRXS-R or the TM E4 to try to get back into TC racing. I really like the centralized battery design and can see how it might offer some real advantages over the more traditional design (even if it doesn't offer an advantage it's just really COOL!).

I was hoping to hear from folks who have experience with both cars who could give me some objective information about the pros/cons of both cars. Obviously neither car is perfect but I'd really like to hear some opinions on relative advantages/disadvantages of each.

Thanks in advance for any insight you could provide!

Cheers,
Mike
The only issue with this car is parts support, if you don't crash much this shouldn't be an issue. You can get parts in about 3 days from RC Mushroom and Wolf Hobbies has them in the US. I like the suspension much much better than the Losi and the option parts from Wolf and K Factory will cure any issues you may have with this car, alum front hubs seem to be an absolute must. This car is extremely easy to wrench on, I've had just about every brand of car and this one is the easiest by far. Quality wise it is similar to the Associated cars, not quite where Schumacher and Corrally are. I may do WCIC this year if you want to look at mine.
Cammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #2574
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkhess View Post
im loving my JS havnt broke anything ...running it in VTA ...the bearings do need to be cleaned and re-oiled with something thinner than stock packing grease...$75 was a steal IMO ....my drive train has free'd up still never gonna be as free as some cars ..but the infields is where this car performs the 3 belt system is what helps this..

yeah its not bad, im really happy cause i think it might also have trf shocks on it..not 100% sure though. they have gunmetal shock bodies, blue shock adjustments and blue caps.

one question, i think ijust need to turn down my EPA but when i turn my front wheels all the way my CVAs seem to bind a bit, just the one turning in all the way. any thoughts? possibly my toe ?



edit: turns out its both of them that rattle, i can post a video if you guys would like to see


edit #2 : i just took it outside again and i guess its just because im using a spool that is causing the vibrations, its not really noticeable while driving around, mostly at low speeds its the worst.

my new problem is under power the car seems to pull to the side, though if i let off the throttle the car will track perfectly straight..the droop screws and ride height looks to be pretty even, though i do have a leaky shock, would that be it?

Last edited by Double D Donuts; 09-18-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:17 PM   #2575
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Anyone interested in a E4FS with Wold Hobbies alum 3 degree caster blocks (also have alum 6 degree blocks) Wolf rear alum hubs and Wold steel battery tray plus a ton of parts and and E4JS with TM spool in it shoot me a PM if interested. I can get pics but it is in great shape with no scratches on the chassis. Have over 700 invested in this car. Anyone looking to get into a TM car this is a cheap way to get one. Also have a Futaba 9551 I can include for a few dollars more.

I work weekends so I can't race touring cars so I'm going to just sell it.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:34 PM   #2576
Tech Elite
 
Pro10noob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,117
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Shame you have to sell them Wyd
Just bought me a second E4FS,other wise i would have been interested.
If you sell the alloys parts seperately i might be interested.

cheers Roy


Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Anyone interested in a E4FS with Wold Hobbies alum 3 degree caster blocks (also have alum 6 degree blocks) Wolf rear alum hubs and Wold steel battery tray plus a ton of parts and and E4JS with TM spool in it shoot me a PM if interested. I can get pics but it is in great shape with no scratches on the chassis. Have over 700 invested in this car. Anyone looking to get into a TM car this is a cheap way to get one. Also have a Futaba 9551 I can include for a few dollars more.

I work weekends so I can't race touring cars so I'm going to just sell it.
__________________
l===/o\===l
[_]-###-[_] V-link proto type Pro10,JKMR P235-SE Pro10
P235-VL Pro10 comming soon
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:43 PM   #2577
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,141
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro10noob View Post
Shame you have to sell them Wyd
Just bought me a second E4FS,other wise i would have been interested.
If you sell the alloys parts seperately i might be interested.

cheers Roy
I hate to sell it but between working at the hobbyshop and then when not here the touring tracks are almost 2 hours away I will just sell it instead. Are shop has indoor offroad and dirtoval. We have 2 of the 5 largest races in the country at 350 plus but might turnout to be 400 plus.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005) Just awesome products
Bumps & Jumps RC (Great Indoor facility for offroad and oval)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC)
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around)
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:49 PM   #2578
Tech Elite
 
Tabushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Chile - Southamerica
Posts: 3,029
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi
Default

Hi guys,

Im posting here the race report to share with you my experience so far with the E4 car. Im sponsored by the Chilean distributor of Team Magic, but they asked me to translate my spanish report and send it to factory so in the way to Taiwan, i would share it with you guys,




Thanks for all the help guys !!, you rock !!

ps : - The funny hats are because we raced that event during a national holliday and that is one of our traditional customs hat lol !!

cya !!

Pato Concha
Southamerica
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #2579
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB CANADA
Posts: 833
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Wyd,

You have a PM!

Cheers,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Anyone interested in a E4FS with Wold Hobbies alum 3 degree caster blocks (also have alum 6 degree blocks) Wolf rear alum hubs and Wold steel battery tray plus a ton of parts and and E4JS with TM spool in it shoot me a PM if interested. I can get pics but it is in great shape with no scratches on the chassis. Have over 700 invested in this car. Anyone looking to get into a TM car this is a cheap way to get one. Also have a Futaba 9551 I can include for a few dollars more.

I work weekends so I can't race touring cars so I'm going to just sell it.
__________________
Mike
Hyper_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:04 PM   #2580
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 891
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

i remember seeing a 2 speed e4 before, does anyone have a link or anything? also would this be legal anywhere? or just for shits and giggles? :P i almost wanna try it on my js.



Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
team magic m1b pitdog Nitro Off-Road 447 04-30-2013 09:17 AM
FS: Team Magic G4 - LRP Z12R Team Spec 2 - Add RX/TX LogiK Australia For Sale/Trade 1 08-03-2007 02:00 AM
Brian Berry Joins Team Phenix/Team Magic Motorman Nitro On-Road 27 03-07-2006 05:51 AM
Team Magic G4 J_Longbrake R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 10-07-2004 07:56 PM
Team Magic G4 "Black Magic" tennessee Nitro On-Road 32 04-20-2003 11:40 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:58 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net