Like Tree288Likes

Tamiya mini cooper

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 09:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Default servo

Originally Posted by leerjet1
Hi guys, my son and I are building mini coopers to compete in the TCS races in milwaukee wisconsin. I need to know what would be a good servo to use in the coopers, hopefully a digital servo.

Thanks for any help.

Larry
this will be great in mini's The PDS-2501 ICS Digital Mid Profile servo comes with plastic gears for the budget minded racer. This new size is in-between our low profile and stadard size servo case. This is our high speed type servo great for those looking to upgrade to a digital servo on a budget.

Speed - 0.12sec/60degrees

Torque - 7.4kg-cm

$39.99 only
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...nid=62&id=8079
Old 02-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kevin CBR
Sorry, one is for me and the other for a fellow Mazda nut who works at Tamiya. I have the original 787B kit, now the RX-7 and a Miata in the Renown paint scheme to complete all the Mazda's Tamiya has made.
It's all good. They're too nice for me not to ask.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What's this?

There's only one way to find out.

Visit rc-mini to find out the scoop on the coolest M03 chassis ever...
Old 02-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

hi

which dumper do you recommend??
i would drive onroad

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/rc-dam...?cPath=389_390

or

or the original tamiya???

trf..? too expensive for me

thanks

Moole
Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moole
hi

which dumper do you recommend??
i would drive onroad

or

or the original tamiya???

trf..? too expensive for me

thanks

Moole
My opinion would be to stay away from the Yeah racing damper. I recently bought a few sets and was disappointed. One large problem I have found is that when you pull the piston out to insert spacers inside, the orings inside the shock tear apart and the travel becomes stiff. The orings can be removed by taking out a retaining ring but I wouldn't waste your money. I've heard the mini cva dampers are good enough. The other issue with the Yeah racing shocks are that the springs are too long and you will need to buy a short set of springs. Also the shock end connection is too long and needs to be ground down with a file or dremel. I think I'm going to pitch mine in the garbage.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:34 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JonesyCGY
My opinion would be to stay away from the Yeah racing damper. I recently bought a few sets and was disappointed. One large problem I have found is that when you pull the piston out to insert spacers inside, the orings inside the shock tear apart and the travel becomes stiff. The orings can be removed by taking out a retaining ring but I wouldn't waste your money. I've heard the mini cva dampers are good enough. The other issue with the Yeah racing shocks are that the springs are too long and you will need to buy a short set of springs. Also the shock end connection is too long and needs to be ground down with a file or dremel. I think I'm going to pitch mine in the garbage.
oke.. so i should buy the tamiya damper..?
this

Tamiya Super mini shock 50746
and
Tamiya Springs 53333

do yeah racing and 3racing work toghether?
Old 02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The 3Racing dampers are pretty good. Fairly well constructed, and the right length for a mini. The bonus is that they're a hell of a lot less expensive than the Tamiya units.

If you do choose to go with Tamiya, get the plastic Super Mini CVA set. They are all you'll ever need.

Jim
Old 02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I have a lot of on power push. My car handles awesome, I just dont want to slow down as much when I go into the corners. Whats a good way to get a little less on power push?
Shocks have white rear and red front springs. I thought of giving myself a little toe out, that should help, right?
Old 02-20-2009, 07:07 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Any of you guys have any experience running the M03 with the long wheel base. I've been running my M03M for as long as I've run mini. But I was interested in extending the wheel base and trying it out to see how I like it.

I run both carpet and asphalt, so any thoughts on how it works on either or both would be nice.
Old 02-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Whats a good way to get a little less on power push?
Less droop in the front- there's too much weight transfer going on. Significant too that you have so much more spring in the back than in the front. Play with droop, springs, pistons and shock fluid weight until you are using springs within a single weight range. Try a 5mm internal spacer all around with 80 wt. front & 30 wt. rear, both with 2 hole pistons, dark blue front spring, dark red or yellow rear spring- both short, with the 2mm preload spacer in front and 3mm in the back (using the short plastic shocks). That will get you in the ballpark.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Any of you guys have any experience running the M03 with the long wheel base. I've been running my M03M for as long as I've run mini. But I was interested in extending the wheel base and trying it out to see how I like it.

I run both carpet and asphalt, so any thoughts on how it works on either or both would be nice.
Personally I have just gotten into RC racing. I have seen each wheelbase do just as god as the other. I think it comes more down to what body you want to run. Thats just my opinion of course.

However this is a quote from the RC-Mini.net:

It does NOT matter which wheelbase you run. Any one of them is fine. I repeat again - It does NOT matter which wheelbase you run
At our biggest meeting of '07, the top 3 cars were all different wheelbases. If that's not proof enough, we don't know what is. Go to the 'events' section for a full run down on that. Just pick whatever bodystyle you like, and the appropriate wheelbase.

Some people will try and tell you that there's an appreciable difference between the wheelbases, we've yet to see proof of it.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Darkseid There's not much difference between the various wheelbases. I've found the short might be a little twitchier on turn in than the longer wheelbase, but the setups are pretty much the same.

Portyansky As suggested, shorten those shocks. I was running mine fairly tight as it was and the car handled well. I've got them to the point now where there's almost no droop and the car is slammed, and it handles like it's on rails.

Jim
Old 02-21-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by monkeyracing
Portyansky As suggested, shorten those shocks. I was running mine fairly tight as it was and the car handled well. I've got them to the point now where there's almost no droop and the car is slammed, and it handles like it's on rails.

Jim
I've got the Mini CVAs with blue spring, with the adjuster turned in all the way, with a medium and thin spacer on the springs, and still have what seems to me, quite a lot of droop. What is your ride height measuring under the front bumper? I don't mind a little less push either.
Old 02-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Stocker
You need to put limiting spacers on the inside of the shocks under the shock piston. that will change the "droop"
Old 02-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fasthobbies1
Stocker
You need to put limiting spacers on the inside of the shocks under the shock piston. that will change the "droop"
Oh, so apart form the 5mm spacer inside, I have to put more spacers? I see on the mini CVA V parts tree, there seems to be another spacer inside of Part V7, it looks like about 3mm, this is the one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.