Old 02-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

gotcha.. thanks...
Old 02-23-2007, 06:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm looking for some advice. I'm running a M03M Swift kit on low to medium traction (def not high) ozite carpet.

Here is my current setup:
Kit tires. No tire sauce... yet. Kit foams.

Stock motor - 20 tooth

Diff - TA03 diff tightened down as far as it will go. Some diff action.

Battery - Orion 3200, so I am slightly underweight.

Front toe - approximately 0 degrees while car is at rest. (this changes as suspension compresses)

Front shock: 80wt, 3 hole, 6mm internal limiter, quick shock rebound without spring, blue 53333 spring, no ride height spacers.

Rear shock: 80wt, 3 hole, 6mm internal limiter, quick shock rebound without spring, yellow 53333 spring, no ride height spacer.

Zee problem: While cornering, my car will lose rear traction (oversteer?) when I am transitioning from a high speed section to a low speed section. Low to high or constant speed cornering seems to not be a problem.

My only theory after testing stuff tonight that didn't work: My drag brake may be kicking in abruptly because I am letting off the throttle and attempting to coast the first half of the corner (while turning) before throttling out of it. My servo throw may be too large too. Front end is planting and rear breaks loose.

Anyone have any advice or ideas to share? Thanks!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how to eliminate like grinding sound?? when the wheels are fully turned into left or right it creates grinding noise..
Old 02-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

jeff-
sauce your tires. Here in Omaha we are running almost the same set up and it is hooked up. Sauce the whole rears and half the fronts. We are also running 40 wt oil in the rear which I think may also be contributing to your problem.

EDIT This is andrew posting on Tims name. I didn't realize I was logged on under his name
Old 02-24-2007, 12:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Latest update on rc-mini.

Is it the first? It just might be...

Check out the site for our awesome new M03 SWB REAR WHEEL DRIVE conversion that you can do yourself for no bucks! Yes you read right, it's Rear Wheel Drive...

Last edited by tony gray; 03-03-2007 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikkiesteban
how to eliminate like grinding sound?? when the wheels are fully turned into left or right it creates grinding noise..
Don't turn your wheels fully to the left or right

Does your radio have endpoint adjustment? if so, adjust it using that, otherwise the wheels stop turning and then you're just using the servo saver against itself.

The normal sound for any mini turning or going straight is a grinding noise anyways
Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim K
Don't turn your wheels fully to the left or right

Does your radio have endpoint adjustment? if so, adjust it using that, otherwise the wheels stop turning and then you're just using the servo saver against itself.

The normal sound for any mini turning or going straight is a grinding noise anyways
yes . i will adjust it.. thanks..
Old 02-24-2007, 04:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rysuleod
I'm looking for some advice. I'm running a M03M Swift kit on low to medium traction (def not high) ozite carpet.

Here is my current setup:
Kit tires. No tire sauce... yet. Kit foams.

Front shock: 80wt, 3 hole, 6mm internal limiter, quick shock rebound without spring, blue 53333 spring, no ride height spacers.

Rear shock: 80wt, 3 hole, 6mm internal limiter, quick shock rebound without spring, yellow 53333 spring, no ride height spacer.

Zee problem: While cornering, my car will lose rear traction (oversteer?) when I am transitioning from a high speed section to a low speed section. Low to high or constant speed cornering seems to not be a problem.
Anyone have any advice or ideas to share? Thanks!
Two things I would try would be harder inserts for the front tires and lighter weight oil in the rear. How much droop do you have? With 6mm limiting I'm guessing not much, but try to keep it around 1-2mm.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony gray

Check out the site for our awesome new M03 SWB REAR WHEEL DRIVE conversion that you can do yourself for no bucks! Yes you read right, it's Rear Wheel Drive...

Yeah... It looks good.
Can post the instruction?

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quick question on front tires for M03M for carpet racing:

S grip, with foam strip insert and a cut down and glued molded foam "donut" insert, right?

My question is, which insert goes against the tire and which goes against the rim? (Hope that makes sense).

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hawk6
Quick question on front tires for M03M for carpet racing:

S grip, with foam strip insert and a cut down and glued molded foam "donut" insert, right?

My question is, which insert goes against the tire and which goes against the rim? (Hope that makes sense).

Thanks.
what I do is use just 1 touring car insert CS27 blue cut to fit works perfect
Old 02-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Insert goes against the tire, foam goes between insert and rim. Takes a while and some patience to get everything settled in there correctly.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by diha
Yeah... It looks good.
Can post the instruction?

Thanks.
Ahhh, not sure what you mean? There are no instructions as such, we just made it up as we went along.
If you follow the pictures and such on our website you shold be able to build one quite easily.

Tony
Old 02-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tony gray

Wow! This will be my next project... I just got done checking out the pics on the website. Cool! Not a hard conversion at all. I like how it still says "FRONT WHEEL DRIVE" on the chassis. I can't wait to see the drive report. Might have to experiment with the wheelbase length to see how it handles. It probably won't handle much different than an M04. With the right wheelbase, a Classic VW Beetle body looks like it would fit on there just fine.
Good Work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.