Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI's DB12R

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Jason, I got my car today. It was probably the easiest build ever. Every thing went perfect. I just need to do a little work on the front end and it will be nice. The manual was nice and explained everything. The suspension is the smoothest on any car I have had. I am going to be working on the video review I just want to get some footage with it on the track. I think it should be up on YouTube this coming Sunday or Monday. Thanks again for providing such a great car, at a great price.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:24 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks bro,im really glad that you like it.post a link up here for you tube when you get it complete.i would love to see it buddy.thanks again
Old 08-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now to follow up on yesterdays carpet adventure...

I used exactly the same setup on carpet that I ran outside on asphalt. Oh wait I did change the tires. The was dialed in from the get go. I still need to do some adjustments on the radio but I knew that already..

Good, Bad and the UGLY....

The BAD first: I broke a part.... I cut a corner and ran over one of those METAL corner disks and launched the Aero DB12R into the air at 3/4 speed and right into a wood 2x4.. Some one yelled : "Clean-up on isle 4 " I went over thinking I destroyed the front end... I looked at it and saw 2 small pieces of plastic under the car. The battery bar snapped..

The GOOD: I was shocked to look and did not see any wrong... I put it back down and ran for another 4 minutes... Dam thing drove just like before
the 2x4..... I went through 8 packs and it was the same from the first to the last. I even put in a different axle, diff and spur gear to test out... It didn't change the handling what so ever..

The UGLY: My driving and radio setup. When Perry ran the car he was smooth and had it flowing through the layout... And it means I need more track time........ Which my wife will be overjoyed about....
Old 08-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone care to share a pic of a Novak brushless setup in the car?
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nova,

I have had some similar experinces with durability. I clipped the pipe coming onto the straight at MINNREG.. and launched the car 4+ feet in the air spinning like a UFO.. landing about 15 feet away on the hard floor... No Tweek... just keep on going.. BTW, I spoke with Jason about the battery adjuster, and he is looking into an alternate material ..to beef it up some...

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Now to follow up on yesterdays carpet adventure...

I used exactly the same setup on carpet that I ran outside on asphalt. Oh wait I did change the tires. The was dialed in from the get go. I still need to do some adjustments on the radio but I knew that already..

Good, Bad and the UGLY....

The BAD first: I broke a part.... I cut a corner and ran over one of those METAL corner disks and launched the Aero DB12R into the air at 3/4 speed and right into a wood 2x4.. Some one yelled : "Clean-up on isle 4 " I went over thinking I destroyed the front end... I looked at it and saw 2 small pieces of plastic under the car. The battery bar snapped..

The GOOD: I was shocked to look and did not see any wrong... I put it back down and ran for another 4 minutes... Dam thing drove just like before
the 2x4..... I went through 8 packs and it was the same from the first to the last. I even put in a different axle, diff and spur gear to test out... It didn't change the handling what so ever..

The UGLY: My driving and radio setup. When Perry ran the car he was smooth and had it flowing through the layout... And it means I need more track time........ Which my wife will be overjoyed about....
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default PM

Hey Jason,
Still waiting on a PM from you buddy.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 08-30-2007, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TimPotter
Nova,

I have had some similar experinces with durability. I clipped the pipe coming onto the straight at MINNREG.. and launched the car 4+ feet in the air spinning like a UFO.. landing about 15 feet away on the hard floor... No Tweek... just keep on going.. BTW, I spoke with Jason about the battery adjuster, and he is looking into an alternate material ..to beef it up some...
All right... I used the term Aero and now it's a UFO!!

Tweety Bird, 12 scale version.....
Old 08-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by thunderbt3
Anyone care to share a pic of a Novak brushless setup in the car?
Speaking of brushless....
I'll be pulling the trigger on this soon...

http://www.shopatron.com/index/135.0.7521.0.0.0.0
Novak Factory Remanufactured

Novak Electronics -
RMF GTB Racing Brushless/Brush ESC (original version) S1710 $129.99
Novak Electronics - RMF SS13.5 Brushless Motor S3413 $59.99
Items You've Selected Part # Price Subtotal $189.98
Shipping $8.90
Total: $198.78
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Tech Lord

glad to hear about the all you guys getting to run the cars.now you all finally get to see i am not blowing smoke about the car never needing to be tweaked it works out nice also because when the car does feel tweaked,it shows you something is broken or bent on the car.this is cool because you never need to chase the car.it also helps to point out any worn or broken parts that you would normally have a hard time finding.up till this point i have not broken or tweaked the car.it has not been on a tweak station since february.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

just a reminder guys,for those who have ther cars on order,the car is now available with or without jaco prism tires.the cost is 250 without and 269.99 with.you have a choice of 2x pink or lilac fronts and pink or yellow rears.
Old 08-30-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Seems like everybody has received their car except me. Who can I call at USPS to get them to get their ass into gear?
Old 08-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I broke my battery adjuster from my first pack of running.
I just turned the broken end around, use it to set the battery's spacing.
Works perfect for me since I still use tape.

~Ming
Old 08-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aoizip
I broke my battery adjuster from my first pack of running.
I just turned the broken end around, use it to set the battery's spacing.
Works perfect for me since I still use tape.

~Ming
I'm laughing at this because on every car I've ever built/own/ran thare is always a part that breaks the easiest... And the batter space is it...
And this part is the one that you need the least...
I hope that came out right... BTW I took a long velcro strap, my lipo powered dremel and used it on the middle of the velrco to make it thin as possible ( I hate tape and split type battery packs ) so the next time I run I'll put it to the test...

BTW, the pack that broke the battery spacer... It was not a flat pack, one side was up off the chassis..... That also will be fixed....
Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey
Seems like everybody has received their car except me. Who can I call at USPS to get them to get their ass into gear?
send me your info and i will see what i can find
Old 08-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It's ok. Just a bit jealous that everyone else has their car. I just got home and there's a missed delivery noticed so I'm hoping it's it.

Off to the post office.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.