R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #946
Tech Elite
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,601
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Jason, I got my car today. It was probably the easiest build ever. Every thing went perfect. I just need to do a little work on the front end and it will be nice. The manual was nice and explained everything. The suspension is the smoothest on any car I have had. I am going to be working on the video review I just want to get some footage with it on the track. I think it should be up on YouTube this coming Sunday or Monday. Thanks again for providing such a great car, at a great price.
__________________
rm -rf /windows
RCSteve93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 04:24 AM   #947
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

thanks bro,im really glad that you like it.post a link up here for you tube when you get it complete.i would love to see it buddy.thanks again
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #948
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Now to follow up on yesterdays carpet adventure...

I used exactly the same setup on carpet that I ran outside on asphalt. Oh wait I did change the tires. The was dialed in from the get go. I still need to do some adjustments on the radio but I knew that already..

Good, Bad and the UGLY....

The BAD first: I broke a part.... I cut a corner and ran over one of those METAL corner disks and launched the Aero DB12R into the air at 3/4 speed and right into a wood 2x4.. Some one yelled : "Clean-up on isle 4 " I went over thinking I destroyed the front end... I looked at it and saw 2 small pieces of plastic under the car. The battery bar snapped..

The GOOD: I was shocked to look and did not see any wrong... I put it back down and ran for another 4 minutes... Dam thing drove just like before
the 2x4..... I went through 8 packs and it was the same from the first to the last. I even put in a different axle, diff and spur gear to test out... It didn't change the handling what so ever..

The UGLY: My driving and radio setup. When Perry ran the car he was smooth and had it flowing through the layout... And it means I need more track time........ Which my wife will be overjoyed about....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 AM   #949
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,085
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Anyone care to share a pic of a Novak brushless setup in the car?
__________________
Speedpassion : Speedpower : East Coast Bodies
thunderbt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:10 AM   #950
Tech Champion
 
TimPotter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Boynton Beach Fl > Randoph NJ
Posts: 7,481
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter
Default

Nova,

I have had some similar experinces with durability. I clipped the pipe coming onto the straight at MINNREG.. and launched the car 4+ feet in the air spinning like a UFO.. landing about 15 feet away on the hard floor... No Tweek... just keep on going.. BTW, I spoke with Jason about the battery adjuster, and he is looking into an alternate material ..to beef it up some...



Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Now to follow up on yesterdays carpet adventure...

I used exactly the same setup on carpet that I ran outside on asphalt. Oh wait I did change the tires. The was dialed in from the get go. I still need to do some adjustments on the radio but I knew that already..

Good, Bad and the UGLY....

The BAD first: I broke a part.... I cut a corner and ran over one of those METAL corner disks and launched the Aero DB12R into the air at 3/4 speed and right into a wood 2x4.. Some one yelled : "Clean-up on isle 4 " I went over thinking I destroyed the front end... I looked at it and saw 2 small pieces of plastic under the car. The battery bar snapped..

The GOOD: I was shocked to look and did not see any wrong... I put it back down and ran for another 4 minutes... Dam thing drove just like before
the 2x4..... I went through 8 packs and it was the same from the first to the last. I even put in a different axle, diff and spur gear to test out... It didn't change the handling what so ever..

The UGLY: My driving and radio setup. When Perry ran the car he was smooth and had it flowing through the layout... And it means I need more track time........ Which my wife will be overjoyed about....
__________________
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #951
Tech Addict
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Indiana
Posts: 579
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to acyrier
Default PM

Hey Jason,
Still waiting on a PM from you buddy.

Thanks,
Aaron
acyrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #952
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
Nova,

I have had some similar experinces with durability. I clipped the pipe coming onto the straight at MINNREG.. and launched the car 4+ feet in the air spinning like a UFO.. landing about 15 feet away on the hard floor... No Tweek... just keep on going.. BTW, I spoke with Jason about the battery adjuster, and he is looking into an alternate material ..to beef it up some...
All right... I used the term Aero and now it's a UFO!!

Tweety Bird, 12 scale version.....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:21 AM   #953
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbt3 View Post
Anyone care to share a pic of a Novak brushless setup in the car?
Speaking of brushless....
I'll be pulling the trigger on this soon...

http://www.shopatron.com/index/135.0.7521.0.0.0.0
Novak Factory Remanufactured


Novak Electronics -
RMF GTB Racing Brushless/Brush ESC (original version) S1710 $129.99
Novak Electronics - RMF SS13.5 Brushless Motor S3413 $59.99
Items You've Selected Part # Price Subtotal $189.98
Shipping $8.90
Total: $198.78
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 09:15 AM   #954
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

glad to hear about the all you guys getting to run the cars.now you all finally get to see i am not blowing smoke about the car never needing to be tweaked it works out nice also because when the car does feel tweaked,it shows you something is broken or bent on the car.this is cool because you never need to chase the car.it also helps to point out any worn or broken parts that you would normally have a hard time finding.up till this point i have not broken or tweaked the car.it has not been on a tweak station since february.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #955
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

just a reminder guys,for those who have ther cars on order,the car is now available with or without jaco prism tires.the cost is 250 without and 269.99 with.you have a choice of 2x pink or lilac fronts and pink or yellow rears.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:12 AM   #956
Tech Addict
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Seems like everybody has received their car except me. Who can I call at USPS to get them to get their ass into gear?
__________________
I'm not a grown man playing with toys. I'm a hobbyist.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:30 AM   #957
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: princeton, NJ and wall street, NYC
Posts: 514
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to aoizip
Default

I broke my battery adjuster from my first pack of running.
I just turned the broken end around, use it to set the battery's spacing.
Works perfect for me since I still use tape.

~Ming
aoizip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 11:39 AM   #958
Tech Champion
 
Nova F1 Racer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Peoples Republic of Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,682
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aoizip View Post
I broke my battery adjuster from my first pack of running.
I just turned the broken end around, use it to set the battery's spacing.
Works perfect for me since I still use tape.

~Ming
I'm laughing at this because on every car I've ever built/own/ran thare is always a part that breaks the easiest... And the batter space is it...
And this part is the one that you need the least...
I hope that came out right... BTW I took a long velcro strap, my lipo powered dremel and used it on the middle of the velrco to make it thin as possible ( I hate tape and split type battery packs ) so the next time I run I'll put it to the test...

BTW, the pack that broke the battery spacer... It was not a flat pack, one side was up off the chassis..... That also will be fixed....
__________________
This is DICK!!! And you're NOT!
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Nova F1 Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #959
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,838
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Seems like everybody has received their car except me. Who can I call at USPS to get them to get their ass into gear?
send me your info and i will see what i can find
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 01:59 PM   #960
Tech Addict
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

It's ok. Just a bit jealous that everyone else has their car. I just got home and there's a missed delivery noticed so I'm hoping it's it.

Off to the post office.
__________________
I'm not a grown man playing with toys. I'm a hobbyist.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NEW IN BOX BMI DB12R bigb11 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 47 10-09-2008 05:36 PM
-BMI DB12R- joey R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 11 05-18-2008 10:25 PM
BMI DB12R wallstreet R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 17 02-15-2008 06:04 PM
BMI DB12R D-Bizzle R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 2 12-21-2007 04:48 PM
WTB BMI DB12R chris moore R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 8 06-29-2007 07:25 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:54 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net