Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yeah. good thing i kept it on my desktop.

...you can't expect me to memorize that stuff?
Old 09-24-2004, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by asw7576
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1108140

cool car, cool mod, and cool pix quality !!!

how did you twist the servo 90 degree ? do you need to drill a hole to chassis ? isn't that hard to drill graphite chassis ?

I'm thinking the same too now
You don't have to drill at all, just take double sided tape and tape down the servo, removable too. Make sure you clean everything off and get nice tape so it stays in there. I haven't had a need to replace the tape yet, and its been through many races. Also make sure your EPAs are set correctly.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello guys..
I've finally made the splash:
my CGM is sitting on my lap!

I'd cut the bull and just ask:
any setups for warm track temps(40C's) ,asphalt, small track(longest straight 100ft), tight technical.
thanks
Old 09-26-2004, 02:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by lee82gx
Hello guys..
I've finally made the splash:
my CGM is sitting on my lap!

I'd cut the bull and just ask:
any setups for warm track temps(40C's) ,asphalt, small track(longest straight 100ft), tight technical.
thanks
I've got a couple of setups posted over at www.yokomo.tk these should work well, Speedworld is pretty much what you described your track to be, hot, 100 ft straight, and asphalt.
Old 09-26-2004, 02:32 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

So, Matt. Have you finally gotten to watch an F1 race on TV instead of following it on the net? I just got home from racing in Modesto but I recorded it and will watch it in the morning.
Old 09-26-2004, 04:23 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by mo
So, Matt. Have you finally gotten to watch an F1 race on TV instead of following it on the net? I just got home from racing in Modesto but I recorded it and will watch it in the morning.
heck yea, they come on right in the afternoon here. I got to see Rubens winning the last two races
Old 09-26-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks Matt.
nice race today eh?too bad schumi had too many a bust-up
Old 09-26-2004, 06:20 AM
Tech Champion

it's alright, Ferrari still won the race I'm still not 100% on my F1 viewing experience though, all the commentary I get is in Korean
Old 09-26-2004, 06:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Man in Korean. I would have to turn down the volume them to watch the race.
Old 09-26-2004, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Just raced my RS Yok SD for the first time for the new season. I raced on Friday & Sunday.

Thinking back to how the car was when I first had it compared to how it is now - unbelievable.

2 full race meetings without so much as a glitch is so nice. My 3VC radio is a real gem to race with.

The 19t Super Stock motors are awesome indoors - plenty fast enough and easy on cells, speedo's etc. My new V2 Orion Element 19t Super Stock is awesome, loadsa punch and top-end with virtually no wear at all after 2 meetings. On friday I raced it on foams - cornering speed is so impressive. The V2 was by far the quickest 19t spec motor there. 1st class. And to think it cost virtually the same as a 27t stock motor!! Now today we raced it on control rubber, there was obviously less grip but the motor's versatile spread of power was very driveable.

No looking back now - 27t will be history where we race, it's just a matter of time.

Matt:

Glad to hear you found the time to watch the F1. It must be quite entertaining for you hearing the commentary in Korean Poor old Schumacher....
Old 09-26-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

My first race today this season with the CGM, Qualified in 2nd with only about 3 tenths to the TQ, won the first main and second in last.
In the last main something happened with my right steeringknuckle in a crash and got a variable camber of about 3-4 degrees = Not good so i finished 8th (last) where right behind the winner befre that
Got the 2nd overall tho

I do also think this was the first race where i did'nt wreck any part, besudes my knuckle..

Schumacher MI2's, They're EVERYWHERE, in some way, the MI2's is about 90% of the starting field on our races now, great help and parts availability by the distributor, but WHY SCHUMACHER

Orion V2 Modified 12x2 RULEZ, ran my the whole race, about 7 packs without even opening it, after the race i cut it and changed the brushes but i could have with no problem run it 10 packs more. hell, the brushes that was in it has been through about 35 packs, impressive or not? I would say impressive
Old 09-26-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

sounds like you both got your SD's working good
Old 09-26-2004, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Matt Howard
sounds like you both got your SD's working good
Definitely! And it's nice to run something a bit different too. The only car giving me hassle today was a brand new Losi XXXs driven by a well known driver. I was door handle to door handle with him all day - nothing in it.

Got a couple of darkies on my new shell though!!
Old 09-26-2004, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Sparx:

Well done with your results - unlucky you missed the win. By the sounds of it, the V2 modifieds must be really awesome.

They certainly are excellent value, especially the 19t Spec motors.

I notice that soldering the brushes on the V2 isn't easy - the finned endbell takes all the heat out of the iron REALLY quickly. I need a larger tip so I can store some more heat - my existing tip is clearly not going to work.

It goes to show how well these new endbells dissipate heat though!! No wonder the motors run so cool............
Old 09-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

We start our championship today week.

I will be racing the CGM in a control 23 turn motor class and have done a few runs with it in the last couple of days. It looks like it's on the pace.

I put my new Novak GTX in it too, so that should loose me a few grams. I'll keep you posted.

MATT. You complain about the Korean commentary in F1. We have it from the Italian station so guess where the bias is. It may be OK for Ferrari fans, but I'm not one of them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.