Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

My RS chassis is much stiffer than my mates Black SSG chassis - no comparison.

With a doubled upper deck it's really nice for the control rubber class. It got me 4th in the A last Sunday - I gave the 3 sponsored guys ahead of me a real run for their money.

1st Losi XXXs
2nd Xray
3rd TC3
4th My RS
5th Yok SSG

The Losi was unbelievable - I gave it a drive after the final. Boy that thing carried good speed I was quicker with his car than I was my own......

Back to the drawing board me thinks!
Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by tornado
So far so good. I've been running on concrete pavement parking lot temporary track and high traction asphalt circuit tracks. No tweak problem, even after a hard knock. Haven't try a carpet track yet. No one organiser doing carpet race for a long while now.

Bryan
i'll probably reassemble my rayspeed right away if it were not for the fact that there is a rayspeed 2 coming up. anyway, once i find enough time i'll work on it. i hope its worth it

pops: thanks for the tip! i'll find out today if my lhs has it. how do you like the handling of the rs?
Old 10-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

in that magazine pic of the RS ver2 chassis, did anyone notice the all white body? It's a new RS honda body that will be out shortly
Old 10-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by chambalero
i'll probably reassemble my rayspeed right away if it were not for the fact that there is a rayspeed 2 coming up. anyway, once i find enough time i'll work on it. i hope its worth it

pops: thanks for the tip! i'll find out today if my lhs has it. how do you like the handling of the rs?
Well, I don't drive, I just wrench for my son Alex. He ran it last year in 19T and Stock on carpet. He liked it on carpet with rubber tires alot better than the SSG. He said he couldn't tell much of a difference between the RS and the CGM on carpet. But I think the CGM was a little better on carpet than both. He is going to run it again at the ROAR Region 12 Championships next weekend in 19T and run the CGM in Mod. This is race is on asphalt. It should be a blast.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys... just wondering...
where do you guys buy your
pinion and spur gears?

any brand will work?
or just as long as they are
48 and 64 pitchs?

thanks for the help!
Old 10-05-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

aoizip,

I haven't changed my 78t spur since I installed a Corally one... It's got hundreds of runs on it with no sign of wear. You need spurs where you can screw 4 screws, ie 8-hole, 12-hole... stay away from 6-hole ones. I run RRP (Robinson) pinions, with entire satisfaction. All the big shops carry both brands.

Later,
Paul
Old 10-05-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Different Chassis Brands etc....

Hey Guys,

I have noticed over the past couple days everyone has been talking about the Rayspeed, ssg and cgm chassis and comparing them. I just wanted to remind some of you about the Atheena chassis. I have been running the chassis and top plate for the past few weeks and it is very very stiff and a heck of a lot lighter than my cgm setup. Deffinetly worth looking into if anyone is planning on changing their chassis. Their website is www.atheenaprojects.com.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 10-05-2004, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Default Re: Different Chassis Brands etc....

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Hey Guys,

I have noticed over the past couple days everyone has been talking about the Rayspeed, ssg and cgm chassis and comparing them. I just wanted to remind some of you about the Atheena chassis. I have been running the chassis and top plate for the past few weeks and it is very very stiff and a heck of a lot lighter than my cgm setup. Deffinetly worth looking into if anyone is planning on changing their chassis. Their website is www.atheenaprojects.com.

Thanks,

Blake
Blake-

Good info...I have never seen that chassis before, do they import to the US?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Artwork,

Yep they sure do, send them an email, I beleive the guys name is Bjorn, he will make you a good deal on a chassis and top plate. The quality is top notch.

Thanks,

Blake
Old 10-05-2004, 04:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, some one mentioned a RS2 chassis, I havent heard anything about it yet. (well down here in AUS, we dont get all the info) anyone got any more ideas,
Also while im here, how do you guys feel about the weight difference between the SSG/RS and the CGM!
I am thinking of going back to the SSG or an RS chassis just to lighten the car up!
Any thoughts...............
Simon
Old 10-05-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Bluey,

The reason i am using the atheena chassis currently is the weight problem the cgm has. My cgm chassis car weighs 5 ounces more than the atheena car! I was going to switch back to the ssg or rayspeed chassis but after looking into the atheena chassis, it is deffinetly the stiffer of the plate chassis available.

Blake
Old 10-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Re: Different Chassis Brands etc....

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Hey Guys,

Thanks,

Blake
yeah Blakesrc thanx man for the site; I've been looking for a different chassis but wanted something other than the RS version.

- jaYBee
Old 10-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I get my spurs from SpeedtechRC. They are the Xenon ones. Very nice. As for pinions, I use Robinson Racing. I get those from the local hobby shop.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I just picked-up a used Yoke MR-4TC SD with the SSG chassis from a guy locally. The guy only ran about a dozen or so pack through it - decided that he wanted to try 1/12.

Rather then reading the 330 (+) pages, do any of you have any must-know tips for this car? I am gonna try it indoor carpet 19T with rubber tires (largest class in my area).

He did a mod where he moved the servo mount so that the servo mounts parallel to the front suspension - however in doing so, I need to servo tape the servo to the chassis ... not too keen on that. How is the stock servo position on this car - looks like its open to damage in a crash.

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Old 10-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default TC-SD VGS MAIN CHASSIS

Check this chassis for the Yoke.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-mo-129-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.