Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2004, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Johnbull:

How do you rate the new GTX? I've yet to see one in action.

Regards

Horatio
Old 09-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
I've got a couple of setups posted over at www.yokomo.tk these should work well, Speedworld is pretty much what you described your track to be, hot, 100 ft straight, and asphalt.
Matt Howard - Would those set-up work for foam tires as well> We have a similar asphalt track with long straights.
Old 09-26-2004, 07:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by danjoy25
Matt Howard - Would those set-up work for foam tires as well> We have a similar asphalt track with long straights.
I don't know, I haven't driven with foams on asphalt in about 5 years. They should be close though from what I remember about it.
Old 09-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Spool or One-Way

Hey Guys,

I am still a bit confused about the spool vs one-way thing. Is the spool just something you choose if you are at a race that one-ways are not allowed or, is there a certain track layout situation it would help to have a spool instead of a oneway? I have only used a spool once, i almost always use a diff up front, and i really couldnt tell if there was any sort of advantage running it instead of the diff. Please let me know what sort of track condtions i should be looking for to use the spool, it seems to be a bit of a trend now so i would like to try using it some more.

Thanks,

Blake

P.S. I run mainly in stock and 19 turn if it makes a difference
Old 09-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Tech Master

BLAKE.

I have just this weekend been comparingone way and spool.

On my own on the track the one way may be very slightly quicker, but in traffic you need brakes so the spool definately scores.

That's unless you don't mind sweeping everyone off the track as soon as you get near them.

I'm staying with the spool. It's safer, and kinder to other drivers.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Joe,

would you mind emailing me your setup so i can compare mine to yours? Also, what is the surface and traction like on your track? Do you notice a lot of wheel chatter with your spool and what spool are you using? For some reason my front wheels chatter like crazy with the spool anywhere between 50%-full lock and could tell last time on the track it was causing binding in sharp turns.

Thanks,

Blake

Last edited by Blakesrc; 09-27-2004 at 01:51 AM.
Old 09-27-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Re: CGM Steering setup on SSG CHassis?

Originally posted by Blakesrc
Hey Guys,

First of all, if sombody has a clear picture of an ssg chassis with the servo mounted 90 deg from stock i would appreciate it.
Also check that link out, it's an online review... tons of pics... rotated servo pics at the end of the page...

http://www.overrc.com/techniques/reg...omomr4tcsd.htm

Paul
Old 09-27-2004, 02:09 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: CGM Steering setup on SSG CHassis?

Originally posted by Sparx
I tried this with a long rod i had but the only change i noticed was that the steering went extremely sloppy...
Is it anything else i have to do to make it non-sloppy?
try two servo-saver assemblies... at least the slop becomes symmetric. some forum members and myself have conflicting views about this, but I use it and it works

Later,
Paul
Old 09-27-2004, 02:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Lonestar,

thanks for the link, i actually found some pics online that allowed me to get the 90 deg servo setup working for racing yesterday. I also saw some pictures of dual servo savers/bellcranks and assumed it was to even out the slop as you mentioned. Currently i have the stock bellcranks on the car and wow the right side has a ton of slop! I am going to mount the cgm steering bellcranks tomorrow and see what they are like.

Blake
Old 09-27-2004, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

Hi, I'm thinking to mod my brokomo with TRF 415 / TA04's suspension arms, C uprights, steering turnbuckle, hinge pins, wheels ball bearings, dog bones. Actually the whole suspension arms set will be replace with Tamiya parts.

lee82gx:

I've been to KL, Malaysia few times, nice F1 circuits u got there.

I'm impressed with the sound of F1 engines screaming super loud at 18,000+ rpm. I have to covered my ears even with ear plugs on Really awesome stuffs..... I also can hear the traction control in action after pitstop.

Last pitstop for Michael Schumacher

Michael Schumacher won 1st at Sepang F1 2004
Old 09-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

asw7576:
nice pic..
too bad i can't afford an F1 ticket,let alone grandstand...
Old 09-27-2004, 04:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by asw7576
Hi, I'm thinking to mod my brokomo with TRF 415 / TA04's suspension arms, C uprights, steering turnbuckle, hinge pins, wheels ball bearings, dog bones. Actually the whole suspension arms set will be replace with Tamiya parts.
Is it a direct fit, and does the car fit in the tech box after that? Show us the pics once you're done... this could be interesting. I doubt this will be more robust... plastics are plastics, you know... frankly, the SD doesn't break any more than other cars...

Blakesrc: yes, the dual bellcrank setup does cure the extra slop on the right due to bearings being closer to each other than on the left side. HOWEVER be sure do this mod first and THEN rotate the servo, because the extra bellcrank does eat up some space and could rub on the servo arm... Well it's too late anyway...

Later,
Paul
Old 09-27-2004, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: CGM Steering setup on SSG CHassis?

Originally posted by Lonestar
try two servo-saver assemblies... at least the slop becomes symmetric. some forum members and myself have conflicting views about this, but I use it and it works

Later,
Paul
Ehum, i had double servosavers on my SSG but not on my CGM who does'nt use any servosaver at all besides the servomounted, sorry for being too indistinct (hope it's the right word
Old 09-27-2004, 06:52 AM
Regional Moderator

Wow, what is this?

The Yokomo Japan site last updated is July 28. It is already 2 months now. Are Yokomo stop making any development on their cars at this moment or they will come up with something new? Isn't there any news for the delayed new Yokomo 1/10 Nitro car?
Old 09-27-2004, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by daniz24
Wow, what is this?

The Yokomo Japan site last updated is July 28. It is already 2 months now. Are Yokomo stop making any development on their cars at this moment or they will come up with something new? Isn't there any news for the delayed new Yokomo 1/10 Nitro car?
Last I heard about a month ago, the new nitro sedan was put on hold. They did run some prototypes but for some reason not known to myself, the project has been shelved for the time being.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.