Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 07:46 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My CGM car is almost done. Just have to do the shocks and mount the electronics. The chassis is very stiff. I love the new steering rack. I didn't have any problem with it binding. I'll be running it for the first time tomorrow in Stockton. I may not be able to run mod though. Just about the whole mod class went to the Snowbirds and most of the ones who didn't are taking a break. LOL We'll see what happens though. I'll at least practice with mod. I'll just have to bring a couple sets of shocks so I can quickly switch to a rubber tire setup to run 19 turn if I have to.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I'll be interested to hear how the car does at Stockton. I've already got the weekend off so I'll be up there for the ROAR race in march.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Randman.. where exactly was this 'binding' issue located.. and what was the fix?... just curious..
Old 02-06-2004, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Horatio
Does anyone here polish their bearings? I recall one racer who removes the seals, cleans the bearing, apples some sort of metal polish, spins the bearing on a dremmel, then cleans away the polish and then re-lubes the bearing ready fo use.

Has anyone here tried this?
Hmm, i'll try this today... seeing how i've got nothing better to do.
Old 02-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by OSherman
Randman.. where exactly was this 'binding' issue located.. and what was the fix?... just curious..
On the left steering post, I see a potential for binding. On mine, the top of the steering arms barely clears the bottom of the cover plate. The bearings were a tight fit, but I pushed them all the way in. I imagine if they were not fully inserted, that would make the arm higher on the post causing it to rub on the cover when turned full right.

Last edited by Headbanger; 02-06-2004 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Can anyone tell me were to get ss shock bodies for my rayspeed ?
thanks
Old 02-06-2004, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

try speedtechrc.com they carry alot of yokomo parts.
If you want to save some money you could just order
the shockbody.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:29 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by OSherman
Basically the top bearing in the left bellcrank wouldn't push in deep enough. When you put the top brace on, the molded in shim would put stress in the inner race of the bearing causing it to bind. Fix - I used an XActo to take material out of the inside of the bellcrank off of where the bearing sits, pushed the bearing in about .3mm deeper than stock and it's bind free.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by mark turner
Can anyone tell me were to get ss shock bodies for my rayspeed ?
thanks
Actually I used the SSS bodies on my Rayspeed with short shock ends. I believe the length was 62mm long in front, and 64mm long in rear.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Randman could you get the right ride height using the short shock ends?
Old 02-06-2004, 03:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by mark turner
Randman could you get the right ride height using the short shock ends?
Yes, without any problem actually. Just use the shock lengths I gave you and you should be able to get plenty of droop as well.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:20 PM
Tech Regular

You can use any motor spray or w/e in the integy cleaner. Its made from some decent plastci and i have had motor spary in it for long periods of time and have had the machine for about 2 years, and its still fine.
Horatio likes this.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I use mineral spirits (You can get a gallon for a few bucks) and I've never had a problem either
Old 02-06-2004, 04:32 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=32855
Old 02-06-2004, 04:38 PM

Originally posted by Randman
Basically the top bearing in the left bellcrank wouldn't push in deep enough. When you put the top brace on, the molded in shim would put stress in the inner race of the bearing causing it to bind. Fix - I used an XActo to take material out of the inside of the bellcrank off of where the bearing sits, pushed the bearing in about .3mm deeper than stock and it's bind free.
I've almost finished my CGM (just need to do the shocks and electronics), and had the same issue. I just used a small file and an exacto knife and got the bearing to sit flush with the top. The steering has not had any binding and is much better than the older version (less slop and freer). Overall, I'm excited to try the new chassis. It's stiffer than the plate, but I still think it flexs more than a TC3.
One issue I had, and I'd like to know if others have too, is when the rear shock tower was attached, I had trouble getting the gear box cover on. I had to loosen the tower to get the gear box closed fully, and never had this issue on the plate car.
The other weird thing: The graphite battery strap's holes were too big for the battery posts, and so it didn't fit well. Anyone else noticed this? Also, the batteries sit so deep I had to put a spacer between the strap and the c-clip holding it down to keep the batt from moving around!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.