Search
Like Tree12Likes

Yokomo MR-4TC SD

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 09:31 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Here is my completed CGM Car. I will be running it on carpet tomorrow.

I put an o-ring under the clips holding the battery strap to keep it tight.
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR-4TC SD-mo-cgm-2.jpg  
Old 02-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mo- If there isn't enough for mod just remember one thing, you can't let stlnocar beat you in 19T! LOL I'll be out next week for some mod action
Old 02-06-2004, 11:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by mo

Looks good, be nice to know how it works at Stockton, it's gonna be another month before I get to run there...
Old 02-07-2004, 05:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally posted by taisantobi
no i'm sorry, i don't know anybody who has one.

but when you buy it, may you please say something about your experiences with it?
I'm currently cleaning new bearings with mine, right now... yes it does work, but it doesnt do any miracles. The vibrations are anything but "ultrasonic", I'd say under 100Hz. if you have carpet dust IN the bearings, it will not remove it. As I said, it does "clean" but nothing "fabulous". No magic!

I use either thinner or substitutes, or 90deg alcohol to clean stuff. the plastic doesn't melt.

Still a nice gizmo to clean metal parts, like 8th scale axles, or similar stuff.

Later,
Paul
Old 02-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Mo- If there isn't enough for mod just remember one thing, you can't let stlnocar beat you in 19T! LOL I'll be out next week for some mod action
I'm not running today so Mo doesn't have to worry. In fact I just got off of the phone with him and there isn't enough people to run mod or 19 turn so he's going to run stock. He said the car was pretty good and more predictable than the previous chassis' Him and Noah are testing a few things with it.
Old 02-07-2004, 09:56 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by mo

Good luck, Mo! Car looks nice! You know I will be watching closely to see how the new chassis is on rug.

Matt, you taking the weekend off? Have you gotten any track time in with your CGM? Any preliminary thoughts?

Cheers.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by STLNLST
I'm not running today so Mo doesn't have to worry. In fact I just got off of the phone with him and there isn't enough people to run mod or 19 turn so he's going to run stock. He said the car was pretty good and more predictable than the previous chassis' Him and Noah are testing a few things with it.
Sup! STLNLST! How's the new car? Looks like your teammates are doing well in the early running at Snowbirds.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Dang, that sucks, I wanted some feedback with a mod motor on foams... O well, just over a month before I find out for myself what it's capable of.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by kaizen
Sup! STLNLST! How's the new car? Looks like your teammates are doing well in the early running at Snowbirds.
I wouldn't know as I'm still waiting for the new car. I'll be ready for some racing in a couple of weeks though. The guys should be doing a little better down there at the birds but problems happen. Hopefully they'll improve as the rounds go on. The race in March should be a great event. Do you plan to run this race?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Mo

Mo,

Can you pls take a pic of the bumper you're using?

What bumper and mod did you use/do?

Thanks
Old 02-07-2004, 10:15 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Randman
Dang, that sucks, I wanted some feedback with a mod motor on foams... O well, just over a month before I find out for myself what it's capable of.
His practice time was with a 10 turn mod with the new 2.5 tranny ratio and he said that he ran for over 6min with no problems. To me it's sounds like the car is now a TC3 eff wise....and that's a good thing in my book. We'll see what else Mo has to say once he gets back.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

His practice time was with a 10 turn mod with the new 2.5 tranny ratio and he said that he ran for over 6min with no problems. To me it's sounds like the car is now a TC3 eff wise....and that's a good thing in my book. We'll see what else Mo has to say once he gets back.
I didn't know that he made the switch to the 2.5 ratio... I honestly dont see what the real advantage is of it, but 6 mins is really good.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:26 AM
Tech Adept

Do you plan to run this race?
Hmmm, hadn't made any plans to. But, maybe I will check it out. Haven't yet caught the "large" race bug. But, I guess I need to stick with it (large races, that is) to see results.

Cheers.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by kaizen
Good luck, Mo! Car looks nice! You know I will be watching closely to see how the new chassis is on rug.

Matt, you taking the weekend off? Have you gotten any track time in with your CGM? Any preliminary thoughts?

Cheers.
I have to work this weekend so I couldn't go down with Mo, I'll be at stockton next weekend though
Old 02-07-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Adept

Oh.

Hey Matt, I have been meaning to ask you if you are still running the Tobee aluminum shaft in your SD? And if so, if you would recommend it for Stock AS WELL AS 19T (the CAPS are due to my using the Yok. Graphite shaft for 19T --- for about 3 minutes! -- SNAP!).

Cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.